PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer

sica
10-16-2003, 04:59 PM
what are the advantages and disadvantages to these??

Dave400ex
10-16-2003, 06:24 PM
They really help take a lot of the hits out of the handlebars. You can hit stumps and other stuff with it and not notice it like you would if it was stock. I'm very happy with my Denton. I can't think of any bad things.

remlapr
10-16-2003, 07:24 PM
Only bad thing is that it makes your steering stiffer if you run it on the higher settings - but if you ride rough trails they are worth it. It's weird though - when I first started riding with one I didn't see what the big deal was, but now I can really tell. I think you sort of have to get used to the different feel to appreciate the difference.

batgeek
10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
currently THE BEST add-on component i have put on my quad!!

sica
10-16-2003, 10:18 PM
GREAT I JUST WANTED A FEW OPINIONS BEFORE I LAYED DOWN THE CASH FOR ONE...THANKS,

remlapr
10-16-2003, 10:36 PM
I recommend the Denton rebuildable, unless you can afford the WER or GPR style - they are actually suppose to work even better, but they are more then twice as much....

muff
10-17-2003, 04:34 AM
I have the Gibson one, exactly the same as the Denton, I heard the denton rebuildable rattled a little bit when you ride, my Gibson doesn't...I would buy the damper again in a minute, it was an awesome buy and its 7 way adjustable

I recommend not getting the PEP one, its not easily adjustable (only 3 way) and with mounting there were more clearance issues you had to worry about

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p58a16015b66cb254c39876275969dab7/fbbef4d7.jpg

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-17-2003, 07:46 AM
I agree one of the best things to get.. I had the PEP it was ok but now I have the muscle or denton stabilizer and much easier to adjust if I just remember to do it.. last time we were trail riding it was set too soft and I kept telling myself next stop adjust it we would stop I would forget until we were going again :rolleyes:

10-17-2003, 07:57 AM
I also run the denton/muscle stabilizer and keep the mofo cranked on 7...:muscle:

Makes hammerin down thru the rough stuff a piece of cake...:cool:

I know remplapr came over to my quad at hatfield and pushed on my bars. He's like holy chit rico i can barely move your bars,,you got that dampner cranked up or what. You betcha,,,makes the steering stiff when your goin slow but all i can say to that is put the dam hammer down..:D

bradley300
10-17-2003, 08:40 AM
denton is probably the best for the money, and i agree with rico, put it on full hard and hammer down!:devil: