PDA

View Full Version : who on here

ktMan
10-16-2003, 02:40 PM
for all the younger riders on here that did not buy there four wheeler, are you allowed to ride the 4 wheeler whenever you want with whoever and wherever you want? as long as its all legal? my parents bought my 4 wheeler and they will not let me ride it by myself, my dad has to be with me at all times. the 4 wheeler is insured and has plates and we have trail passes. i have gotten to the point where i need to buy my own 4 wheeler so i can actually go riding when my freinds go riding.

Greg Z
10-16-2003, 02:45 PM
if my grades are ok i can ride it when ever i want where ever i want I just cant be stupid because if cops or something happens to my quad thats the last time ill ever see an ATV as long as I live with my mom and im 15 now.. I also payed for this quad with my own hard earn money.. well it was money saved over birthdays and stuff like that and also worked a bit and then I bought a banshee then parted it ou tmade lots of money then bought an EX and now im modding it but I have no more money because i put half of it away for coooolage

dpizz450
10-16-2003, 02:50 PM
well dude trxman how old are u..........i can ride whenever wherever with whoever.....im only 14 but i jus have to call my mom every couple hours n "check in" :o ......i payed 1 grand for my quad my dad payed the rest lol......how old r u?

ktMan
10-16-2003, 02:52 PM
well i offered t opay insurance and said iwould act responsible when i went out, i told them i only wanted one chance t oprove my self and if i screwed then fine i blew it for myself, but they still will not let me, im 16 so im old enough to ride it its all legal as i said b4, i told them i wouldnt ride roads im a good kid never done anything wrong to deserve this my grades are the best they have ever been to, but i dunno

Tommy 17
10-16-2003, 03:00 PM
i'm allowed to go and do as i please now...

but back in the day i wasn't allowed to go without a friend with me...

to this day i won't ride alone... to dangerous...

ktMan
10-16-2003, 03:04 PM
i dont wanna ride alone i wanna go with out my dad, and with my freinds when they go, cause my dad will only ride weekends, and my freinds go on weekdays after school and i wanna go but i cant

Punk'd
10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
16 WOW u my parents let me do anything i want make them beleave u and that u will be ok or get a cell phone:blah:

250exen
10-16-2003, 03:10 PM
my parents rules for when i go riding are that one of them has to be home, and that i dont ger killed. other then that, im pretty much go when ever i want

Tommy 17
10-16-2003, 03:37 PM
ask ur dad what u have to do to prove to him that ur responsible enouf to go on ur own... ask him if theres a test u can pass...

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 03:51 PM
man..your 16 and your dad wont let you ride w/o him???what happens when you get your drivers lisence?is he gonna ride shot-gun every where you go to?thats kinda harsh,I guess if you get into alotta trouble I suppose I could understand but wow man...:confused:

ktMan
10-16-2003, 03:59 PM
ive tried everything only thing left to do is buy my own but i dont have the money for that:mad:

dirtmomma
10-16-2003, 04:01 PM
I'll jump in as a parent:rolleyes: we let our son go riding w/ his buddies as long as there are 2 or more, this mostly happens when we're camping cuz none of his friends around us have quads or bikes, but if they did I would let him go riding w/ them.....I think(he's a good rider & level headed it's the other ones I worry about) he knows what happens when you screw around he found tht out a couple years ago on his TRX90, he was showing off racing I think(I'll never know the "real" story) & hit a tree head on THANK God for his gear, but it screwed his quad up for the weekend & we'd just gotten there:huh BTW he's 13 now. Just my .02;)

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 04:05 PM
well dont give up hope yet dude,something will give eventually;)

dirtmomma
10-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey Jeremy you comin' out to Monroe on Nov 8?? it's the 1st race of the season:cool:

10-16-2003, 04:24 PM
i used to be in the same situation..then once i proved to my dad that im a pretty good rider..he let me go without him...i never ride alone though, only time ill ever ride alone is when im in the woods behind and next to me...and theres no jumps or anything..just a few small hills

steveatv3
10-16-2003, 04:29 PM
DUDE im in 9th grade, my dad never tells me what to do with the 400ex he ACTUALLY tells me to get performance products and to get into races,

THE ONLY RULES!!

*WARE A HELMET!
*DO NOT RIDE WHEN NO BODY IS HOME TO TAKE U TO THE HOSPITAL!
*AND DONT TRY A BACKFLIP

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey Jeremy you comin' out to Monroe on Nov 8?? it's the 1st race of the season:cool: I was thinking about it,dunno if I'll run anything or not but I might make it out to say Hello to the gang,I do miss the ppl there...,I do gotta say they're the best group of ppl at any track Ive been to;) :cool:

ktMan
10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
well dont give up hope yet dude,something will give eventually;) only thing that is gonna give is his patience then he will sell the ex

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by trxman
only thing that is gonna give is his patience then he will sell the ex I can imagine what your going thru,just keep your chin up and start saving for your own,I know its hard to do but you can do it;)

ktMan
10-16-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
I can imagine what your going thru,just keep your chin up and start saving for your own,I know its hard to do but you can do it;) it will take me forever to get a wheeler, my parents know its the one true thing i love and they wont let me ride, i cant afford to buy one cause i get my full licence in about 3 months maybe and gotta buy a truck pay insurance and all that then if i want a wheeler i gotta buy it put insurance on it and gas it up, me not rich enuff 4 all that

Sportrax10
10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
I have been able to ride whenever I wanted ever since I got my Blaster when I was 11 or 12. They would rather me BE riding with some of my friends so they can help me if I were to wreak. Im not allowed (but I wouldnt ever if I was) to ride on the road, ride without helmet, ride passengers. My parents paid for my 400ex, but I pay for any mod I do to it. When I sell it for a trx450r, or yfz im paying for the quad by myself because I will be old enought to get a part time job.

bradley300
10-16-2003, 09:25 PM
as long as your with someone your parents know it shouldnt be a big deal.

i'm 20 and i wont ride alone, if i do i tell someone i'm going to my farm, check on me in 3 hours if i'm not home.

Quad18star
10-16-2003, 09:37 PM
TRXMAN . Do you have your G2 license?? According to Ontario Provincial laws you need to atleast have your G2 license to ride on the side of the road , cross a road, or ride on crown land ( land that is accessible to anyone in the province) . Maybe this is the reason your parents wont let you ride alone?? There is a $5000 fine for anyone caught without a G2 license that rides on crown land , even if you have insurance and what not . Hopefully you can get stuff starightened out with your parents when you get ur license . Where about do you live?? Are there many cops around? Do you ride on private or crown land?

JOEX
10-16-2003, 09:50 PM
It is refreshing to hear that there is still some parental contol out there:)

Do your parents know the other kids you ride with very well? Maybe they are worried that there will be some 'showing off' going on when a bunch of young people get together.

If your Dad goes along with you and your friends and sees how they ride maybe he'll be more relaxed about you riding with them.

Joe

ktMan
10-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
TRXMAN . Do you have your G2 license?? According to Ontario Provincial laws you need to atleast have your G2 license to ride on the side of the road , cross a road, or ride on crown land ( land that is accessible to anyone in the province) . Maybe this is the reason your parents wont let you ride alone?? There is a $5000 fine for anyone caught without a G2 license that rides on crown land , even if you have insurance and what not . Hopefully you can get stuff starightened out with your parents when you get ur license . Where about do you live?? Are there many cops around? Do you ride on private or crown land? i ahve my g1 licence but get my g2 in a couple months and i have a trail pass for the place that i ride, i dont road ride so that shouldnt matter but thanks for the help, my parents just dont understand

ktMan
10-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
It is refreshing to hear that there is still some parental contol out there:)

Do your parents know the other kids you ride with very well? Maybe they are worried that there will be some 'showing off' going on when a bunch of young people get together.

If your Dad goes along with you and your friends and sees how they ride maybe he'll be more relaxed about you riding with them.

Joe yaa my dad knows everyone that rides cause if they wanna go riding with me they gotta come with me my dad and brother, also my brother is in the same situation as me and hes 18, but all my freinds come riding with me i can never really go with them, my riding freinds are my best freind since who knows when, my parents know him very well and have seen him ride, and my other riding pal is my neighbor who has lived beside us my whole life.

CowsBitePeople
10-17-2003, 08:40 AM
i can ride whenever my quad works:macho

trx400
10-17-2003, 03:32 PM
i'm 17 my dad bought my quad for me. i can ride mine whenever i want, with whoever i want, wherever i want legal or not, he'll even let me trailor it. i guess i'm lucky i dont even have to ask. i just tell him i'm goin wherever and around the time i'll be back.

flyin#5
10-17-2003, 03:41 PM
i ride when i want to. i paid for half of my quad. ive been riding by myself anytime i want for a long time, and im only 15.

blondie69
10-17-2003, 04:15 PM
i was allowed goin whenever i wanted, and mostly wherever i wanted. If i was goin further, I had to have my brother or someone on back with me. My parents didn't care too much really