PDA

View Full Version : Nitro RC Cars

Trx4Life
10-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Does any one here have any experience with the Traxxas Nitro Rustler 2.5? Im thinking about getting into Nitro RC and was just wandering how dependable they are and how much mantinance they require?
Thanks

2001400ex
10-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Yes, my bro has one, it comes race ready, just do the proper break in and adjust the carb. and you're set...and the usual stuff like oiling the filter, you get a video with it so don't worry about it.;)

F-16Guy
10-16-2003, 12:50 PM
It's a pretty good truck. The old Traxxas gas engines were junk, but the new ones are much easier to keep running (I think they copied OS's carb design). I like their stuff, good bang for the buck.

NateLHonda
10-16-2003, 01:06 PM
I have a 2.5 Rustler and i like it. Its very durable and fast. Its easy to maintain too. I like it but i like my Tmaxx a lot more.

Trx4Life
10-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Well I already have an E-Maxx and I think its asome. It will climb anything. I was thinking about the rustler cause I want somthing extreamely fast and I want to try nitro, and like I said I already have somthing for climbing.

Sportrax10
10-16-2003, 01:23 PM
I have a t-maxx 2.5 ill sell you once I get it fixed.

Adam202
10-16-2003, 01:35 PM
i got a 2.5 maxx for sale, check it out top of this page. http://extrememonsters.netfirms.com/For%20Sale%20page.htm

10-16-2003, 02:52 PM
be sure to break it in properly if you get a brand new one....i used to be realy into nitro RC and went to my local hobby store atleast twice a week...i talked to the guy about getting one and he said that there realy good...so i replied "well people i know are having troubles with the motor blowing" and he said thats its becuase no one breaks them in properly...they just fill it and go..my friend on this board, Rippinitup7 had one..it seemed like a very good RC car, i would suggest getting one as long as you take proper care of it

Adam202
10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
R/c cars can be alot of fun, they can alose be the biggest pain in the arse. you normally have to tune the carborator everyday, and it can be very tricky to get it to the right point so it wont overheat and stall out. ive been in and out of r/c cars for a couple years. i just cant seem to hold the motivation for them.

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Adam202
R/c cars can be alot of fun, they can alose be the biggest pain in the arse. you normally have to tune the carborator everyday, and it can be very tricky to get it to the right point so it wont overheat and stall out. ive been in and out of r/c cars for a couple years. i just cant seem to hold the motivation for them. been there b4 myself,I get bored w/ them easily,I got a buddy thats into racing them and tryin' to get me sprung on buying 1....I keep tellin' him I'd rather have 1 I can fit in:blah:

cabex
10-16-2003, 08:39 PM
i have a nitro rustler 2.5 and a savage ss .25

the rustler is a good running truck the only reason.. what i dont like about it ism if you do drive it hard like i do, and jump the Sh%^ out of it, the bulkheads tend to break alot. also the stock shocks are very poor, they are plastic. and if you jump high the caps will blow off constitly. i would recomend buying big bore alluminum shocks right away. other than the that the 2.5 is a great rc truck.

But i like my savage ss .25 alot better! it is way more durable and will go through anything!

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-16-2003, 08:43 PM
one of my biggest regrets in life was nitro rc cars...they will drain your wallet in a heart beat.....not to mention the amount of care they need. i would go into further detail but would bring up too many bad memories:mad:

killed300ex
10-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Yup easer to burn a hole in your pocket then quads every time you go out its at least $20-30. Couldnt afford it any nitro car will be that way very hard to keep running right. However when running they are alot of fun but not worth it in my book
killed

yamaha250f
10-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Yea there fast and they are fun to run but they are a pain in the *** and a waste of money. i bought one and i loved it at first but they break easy and they just end up over an amount of time jst sitting in your basement taking up space.
i have mine for sale because i havent driven it in the past like 2 years at all last time i drove it the damn thing broke so ifixed it and parked it. if anyone is lookin to buy one i have one for sale.

Bretmd94
10-17-2003, 10:52 AM
I had a T-maxx 2.5. I couldnt use it for climbing though. Too much power. Theres no slow with those things. The 2.5 motor is great though. So much more power than the old T-maxx and the elec start makes starting easy even when the motor is being a pain.
It was my first nitro and i did fine with it.

300XFST4602
10-17-2003, 03:45 PM
I have a Built up race ready T-maxx for sale.. Pm me about it...

chucked
10-17-2003, 06:37 PM
i have a nitro stampede, i loved everything on that thing. I had a pipe, shocks, heavy duty tranny parts and a hi per. clutch, but the one time the on/off switch shorted out (spilled gas on it probaly) and the throttle got stuck wide open and it hit a tree... its sitting in my basement in a few pieces, I did this like 2 years ago i think. seeing this thread makes me want to get it back out once i get back on my feet financially.

CHAUNCY
10-17-2003, 06:57 PM
I used to have an rc10gt but sold it. Was a pain to keep maintained but when it ran it was a blast! I wanna get a t-maxx later on.... Here is a pic or two of it......

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/p4ed1afb3aea23b91d71be2ff0333f4cd/faedad82.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid82/pc94a4f4fa1bfeb55a6615f711b859e63/faedad4d.jpg

Trx4Life
10-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Nice paint job. Do it your self?

lol
10-17-2003, 08:19 PM
pretty good car, runs fine, alot o maitenance though!!

300XFST4602
10-18-2003, 01:12 PM
here is my T-maxx that is for sale
http://a.domaindlx.com/Honda4602/Cnv0008.jpg

http://a.domaindlx.com/Honda4602/Cnv0010.jpg

http://a.domaindlx.com/Honda4602/Cnv0011.jpg

CHAUNCY
10-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Trx4Life
Nice paint job. Do it your self?

No the kid I bought it from did it. It was one of those stencil kits that they sell at the hobby shops:)

Trx4Life
10-18-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by CHAUNCY
No the kid I bought it from did it. It was one of those stencil kits that they sell at the hobby shops:)
very nice none the less.

300XFST4602 what u sellin it for....? that dosent look like the stock motor what is it?

300XFST4602
10-18-2003, 05:15 PM
No it is not a stock motor it is a O.S engine motor , it is very fast and can be even faster if tuned right. It also has a JR Racing XR3 digital screen romote control , and i was thinking around $850. There are tons of upgrades on this T-maxx. Thanks Ryan

crday98
10-19-2003, 10:24 AM
i have the T-Maxx 2.5 and it is a blast to play with but a PIA to tune.the weather is always different from one day to the next.i have launched it 15 ft. high and 25 ft. out and not once broke a bulkhead.chassi braces,skid plates and a-arms were another story so the plastic ones were tossed for aluminum ones.i currently have aluminum chassi braces,skids,a-arms,shock towers and body mounds wraped with a stainless steel cage and rear steel cvd's and it is holding up to all the abuse i put it through.if you do plan to go with aluminum parts they are quite costly but you also want to keep some things plastic or you will be bending chit and end up screwing up other things because you did not notice something was bent and out of line.with plastic it will break but for the price of replacement parts for bulks and bumper mounts vs something serious,it will pay off in the long run.the only other disadvantage to aluminum is the weight gain over plastic.you might have to gear down to keep the snap and power but it will not be as fast in top speed.
oh well,enough of me babbling have fun with it if you decide to get one;)

Trx4Life
10-19-2003, 02:29 PM
Ordered me a rustler 2.5 today.... the video on Traxxas's web site sold me. And if it dosent actually run like that ill give it to my godchild as a birthday gift or somthing. lol