PDA

View Full Version : GNCC quad setups???

beyer05
10-16-2003, 08:10 AM
What is the average width of the quad? 46"? Do most use +1 arms with 4-1 wheels? What size tires? 22"?

cdalejef
10-16-2003, 08:44 AM
You answered your own questions ;)
Stock arms and stock offset front wheels work well if your on a budget.

MojaveKing
10-16-2003, 10:25 AM
cool cool

BUCK442
10-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
You answered your own questions ;)
Stock arms and stock offset front wheels work well if your on a budget.

:eek2: What? Who does'nt have a budget. Unless you from KY all them boyz is rich and gots da blink blink.:cuss:

atl855
10-16-2003, 01:28 PM
i think you mean bling bling as in cot the nicest toys and it helps to have your own shop

BUCK442
10-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Yea, You correct my slang jive is off little. Stoess does know his chit and he can ride. He bee wearin a helmet so long that his ............. He can finish that sent.

Back to post: I run stock Arms with Axis shocks and it handles good enuff for me to sneak into contention on some occasions.

dwf126
10-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey, BUCK

This is Fisher from Evansville. Why you selling your bike? You going with a new ride, or you not racing anymore?

BUCK442
10-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Whats up man! Ya I am tryn to get my wife to buy me a 450crf. I have missed last couple of races due to tranny: no second gear. It is a cheap fix but takes while and I have to go to Sheps in St.Louis to work on it, so I will be at the MS races after the Ironman.

Good to see ya man, you still sandbaggin!:devil:

dwf126
10-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Not sandbaggin! Trying to get used to the YFZ. It is a lot more aggressive bike. I figured if I am going to move to the next level of racing, I had to be a more aggressive rider.

The YFZ is different, but it is wearing me out. I rode the 400 for years and had it setup just how I liked it, now I switched and I am still trying to get the bike setup to my riding style.

Now that I have the wife out of the picture, I plan to spend a lot more time racing. She never should have made me choose between the bike and her :devil:

See ya at the next mid south after the Ironman.

beyer05
10-17-2003, 08:21 AM
Do you run ZPS shocks on a XC bike? What is the average amount of sag? Frame-to-ground clearance? I know in MX, we run around 8.5" frame clearance, but we have smaller tires and such.

spincr4hire
10-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by dwf126
Now that I have the wife out of the picture, I plan to spend a lot more time racing. She never should have made me choose between the bike and her :devil:

is it like ol Rodney Carrington says "the exhaust pipe's tighter than my ex wife" ....?:eek:

bradley300
10-17-2003, 08:45 AM
yes, most run a zps type shock for xc racing.

not sure what the average ride hieght is tho

dwf126
10-17-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dwf126
Now that I have the wife out of the picture, I plan to spend a lot more time racing. She never should have made me choose between the bike and her

is it like ol Rodney Carrington says "the exhaust pipe's tighter than my ex wife" ....?

I wouldn't know, the exhaust was only thing I was getting any action from!

I traded her in on an upgraded model that loves to go racing! :D

BUCK442
10-17-2003, 09:17 AM
I thought I seen you with a hott blonde at casey a few months ago, must be girfriend? BTW how do you get those blondes, you gotta be payin em!

Yama dog huh. Just couldnt wait for honda eeh.

dwf126
10-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Yeah, the blonde is the new girlfriend. Started dating her about a month after me and the wife split up.

BTW how do you get those blondes, you gotta be payin em!

I can tell you what it ain't ...........

I was going to wait for the Honda, but I don't like the kickstart only. When I was racing my KTM, I saw too many Hondas ( and yamahas ) kicking their bikes after the flag went up. I couldn't imagine being an 1hr 30min in a mud covered race,and be stuck in the middle of a hill with people behind me screaming whille I'm trying to kick start my beast. I don't care how easy it is to kick!

BUCK442
10-17-2003, 11:56 AM
A month after.... sure. New yami is cool Shepard has one now also and he loves it. We just found out we haven a baby so might have to ride the lil ol honda a while longer.

dwf126
10-17-2003, 12:20 PM
Congratulation on the baby. I know they can be exhausting. My son was born the weekend before the Ironman in 2001. I didn't even ride my quad in 2002. They are great though.

Nothing wrong the a Honda. They are much easier to ride in the real tight stuff. ( Mid South races ).

Talk to you later