PDA

View Full Version : Denton steering stabilizer

harebounder
02-05-2002, 06:11 PM
I need some help man what a pain in the ***** i am having with this thing. I just got one for my 400ex and it should not be taking me this long to put on. If anyone out there has any secrets on better ways to line this thing up i would appreciate it. Maybe its just me because the one on my banshee took me awhile to put on. Could be that it is 10 degrees out and i can't feel my fingers. Some hints would be helpful. thanks

TRFOXX
02-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Well I hope somebody knows because ill be putting my new Denton on Fri. Would like to know how also. Thanks

02-06-2002, 08:33 AM
Here's a pic of how mine is mounted,,I had to play with mine for about an hour to get it mounted correctly and not get in a bind when I turned the bars,,sorry I couldn't give more info but It was a pain in the butt for me too....

Scott
02-06-2002, 09:05 AM
I'll try to take a digital camera home tonight and take a picture of mine. It took me about 15 mins to put on. I don't know, maybe there's a major difference beteen putting it on the 300 and 400, but I wouldn't think so.

PsychoDave
02-06-2002, 11:59 AM
I just ordered a PEP steering stabilizer. I have yet to see it. I wonder if the Denton is better or if they are basically the same!
Any ideas out there?

Scott
02-06-2002, 12:01 PM
They're the same. Only difference is price.

PsychoDave
02-06-2002, 12:07 PM
they were both the same price......i ordered it from Moto-man. I have seen ads for denton's in mags. I just like the billet stuff on denton's better.....but if they are the same i wont worry about it, thanks>:D

MOFO
02-06-2002, 01:01 PM
oh no no no. The Denton and the Pep are different. The Pep goes from your steering stem to your engine mount. The Denton mounts (as shown above in Ricos pic)

Eric

PsychoDave
02-06-2002, 01:07 PM
so VW,

do you like your PEP give me some insight?

MOFO
02-06-2002, 01:11 PM
I love it. Had it for over a year now and not one problem and it still works great.

There is already another thread started about this....

Steering and Suspension Forum (http://forums.exriders.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7527)

Later...

Eric

mopar 400
02-06-2002, 06:13 PM
I had a ton of trouble mounting up my stabilizer. I ended up snappint the bolt that connects the mount to the stem and waited four months for a new one from Denton. They gave me the run around for ever. Once it was mounted I had to problems. I loved it so much, that my Dad went out and ordered one the next week.

As far as how to mount it, mine is mounted similar to Rico's. I have found the best way to get it to line up is through many trial and error efforts. Just make sure the first ride out to bring a allen wrench that fits the mounts out with you just incase!!!!!:p :p

harebounder
02-06-2002, 06:40 PM
thanks guys for your help i got it mounted tonight had to losen the one bracket that wraps around the stabilizer itself and let that slide down a little bit had no problem they should give better directions then a picture that really doesn't show how the brackets are. i had the same problem when i was putting one on my banshee just to much time taken doing the trial and error. thanks again guys i hear ya i almost snaped mine of too.

harebounder
02-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Rico i see that you have yours mounted different than the instuctions showed i almost did the same thing but was convinced to do it the way they showed. You must have put the mount on first then attached the stem. well thanks again guys i have every aftermarket thing that i think i need for this season.

TRFOXX
02-07-2002, 01:50 PM
Well I got my Denton today and everythings hooked up, took about an half hour it wasent to bad. Took it for a cruise and wow what a difference, I cant believe people says its a waste of money! This thing help out a lot! If you dont have one and you ride ruff trails at fast speeds thin I would totally recommend getting this stablizer. I have mine set on the 3rd setting found that it was the most comfortable so far.

02-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Now put it on the 7th adjustment and go riding for like 2 hours a day,,within weeks you'll have arms like popeye...:D