PDA

View Full Version : How long for ESR to re-buld a crank?

Narly R
10-15-2003, 09:19 PM
I had a guy send my crank off (along with 3 others) off to Eddie Sanders Racing, how long does it usually take them to re-build them? And do they do a good job?

AndrewRRR
10-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Just give them a call, it probably depends on how busy they are. They have great customer service IMO.
I got a new 4mm stroker crank from them instead of sending in my stocker to get rebuilt since it was only like $100 more. I got it in 3 days.

oldsandman
10-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Andrew is right it just depends on how busy they are. 90% of the time they are extremly fast.

310Rduner
10-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Just give Darren a call and ask, it took about a week for them to have my cylinder bored and sent back from the time i shipped it, and they were decently busy at the time.

Why not just buying the stroker...:devil: it will save ya shipping costs should you decide to do it later...

If you wanted to do that, call Darren and he will tell you exactly what you might need to do it.

Narly R
10-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Just give Darren a call and ask, it took about a week for them to have my cylinder bored and sent back from the time i shipped it, and they were decently busy at the time.

Why not just buying the stroker...:devil: it will save ya shipping costs should you decide to do it later...

If you wanted to do that, call Darren and he will tell you exactly what you might need to do it.

Fill me in what is the diff between the crank I have and a stroker crank?

I will give them a call thanks guys, I yhave herd they have great service, and are great people!:)

310Rduner
10-17-2003, 04:32 PM
the stroker cranks are 4-5mm longer than your stock one you have right now. They will give you more midrange power.

For $325 they will use your crank, rebuild it same as they are now, AND stroke it +4mm.

For $449 they will give you a brand new crank, made from new honda parts and stroke it +4mm.

You could probably sell your crank to recoup some of the cost to do it also..

Narly R
10-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Ohhh thanks man! But I cant manage to spend anymore money right now, Ill do that NEXT time I blow her up....;) :p

Thanks for the info man!:)