PDA

View Full Version : fireworks in october??

slosh13
10-15-2003, 07:38 PM
I just got my hotcam stage two cam this mornin and i just came inside from installin it. I read the instructions onj how to break it in and i did that. Before i started it with oil i flushed it with kerosene and then i drained it completely. I put oil in it and ran it for 20 minutes like i was supposed to and it backfires like a MF'er. i dont know whats makin it do that. Could i be the jetting i never altered the jetting before. can anyone help? below are a list of my previous mods.....

wiseco 11:1 piston 416
bored cylinder to a 416
port and polish
hotcam stage 2
stock carb
k&N air filter
stock airbox with airbox lid on
TC shorty pipe with stock header
running straight cam2 gasoline(108 or 110)

skemp
10-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Sounds like residual kerosene in the motor. Drain the oil right away and get some new stuff in there! Whenever you flush a motor, you usually will have to drain and refill the oil at least one or two times to get it all out. That is my first guess anyway. Hopefully it clears the problem up :)

ewalker302
10-16-2003, 02:16 AM
OK with just a pipe & filter you need to rejet.

You mean you are running the stock main with the mods you listed??

If so then yes buy a jet kit.

Your initial problem may be because of the residual kerosene.

If you are running the stock main jet you need to rejet asap.

Instructions are in the tech articles section.

:bandit:

10-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
I just got my hotcam stage two cam this mornin and i just came inside from installin it. I read the instructions onj how to break it in and i did that. Before i started it with oil i flushed it with kerosene and then i drained it completely. I put oil in it and ran it for 20 minutes like i was supposed to and it backfires like a MF'er. i dont know whats makin it do that. Could i be the jetting i never altered the jetting before. can anyone help? below are a list of my previous mods.....

wiseco 11:1 piston 416
bored cylinder to a 416
port and polish
hotcam stage 2
stock carb
k&N air filter
stock airbox with airbox lid on
TC shorty pipe with stock header
running straight cam2 gasoline(108 or 110)

Sounds like you need ta raise yo main jet up a few sizes...

Has the carb been rejetted at all, or ever for that matter???

UglyMotha™
10-16-2003, 07:34 AM
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/i'm%20with%20stupid.gif

slosh13
10-16-2003, 03:06 PM
no:rolleyes: