PDA

View Full Version : Glamis for Halloween

desertsandrider
10-15-2003, 06:56 PM
We'll be camped as usual at vendor row with the Got Huevos? stand. Who else from here will be out that weekend?? Stop by and have a beer!

norrisboat
10-15-2003, 10:41 PM
I will be out there on halloween from thursday to saturday. Just look for a couple of quads that say DFR. I have a silver 400ex/lonestar/pep setup. Yellow a-arms #13

Dan_Guetter
10-23-2003, 10:38 PM
we'll be there, along with all the hbomb crew...should be a fun time....ive met the owner of got huevos? down in mexico.....i was curious, then i asked him if it was associated with the "huevos" movies.....hes like nope, ive been around way longer then those guys......im like yep

Oh yea hey man, nice rip off

desertsandrider
10-27-2003, 09:21 PM
DVS,
It's not my place, nor do I want to speak for Got Huevos?, I will however, speak my mind on your comment.
The owner,Edmond, who I assume you met, has had the idea for 5-6 years now(dating back to when his first inquiry of trademarks was) he played with the idea of a clothing line until last year, when he actually trademarked and launched it. If you asked him if he was associated with your crew, it was obviously carnal in intent (to assume he would say "yea, they are my bros!" when they are not. And I doubt you introduced yourself and explained who you were to his understanding), he gave you the true answer of "no". And to assume he knew how long the Huevos movies have been out.......I just saw my first one this year...Huevos 5....and have only heard of the movies maybe a year ago. If he said he has been around longer than Huevos movies.......I dunno, has he?? Were there Huevos movies 5 years ago when he was tooling with his idea? I dunno, so I am asking, no sense in getting stupid about it.
As I browse the trademark listings, I see the last registered Huevos as a surfboard leash.....The Huevos movie names aren't even trademarked...maybe copyrighted.
Now for the rip off comment........you have got to be kidding me. All the time I heard him talking about coming out with Got Huevos?, never once did the movies enter a conversation. It was during the time that everything was got this and got that....he was a mexican from LA that thought it would sell in the dunes since it was on the edge of acceptable for people to wear....so he ran with it. He definately wasn't thinking of the movies.

Nick

desertsandrider
10-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Oh Yea,
I just talked to Edmond........he said that he never said he was around longer than the movies. And he gets approached all the time about being associated with the movies, and he always says no, as he did to you. I don't want any ill feelings, we all love the movies, and what you guys do. We have even bought the movies. Got Huevos? is not in any way a rip off of the movies......it is a clothing company geared twords extreme sports, and that is it. I just wanted to explain his disposition on this....and say that it was never meant to relate to H-Bomb Films....in fact, it is mostly sold at skate shops that have nothing to do with motorsports. Later,

10-28-2003, 11:26 AM
just answer me this how was the name got huevos thought up?

Dan_Guetter
10-28-2003, 12:02 PM
lol i was joking, you take this thread way to serious, he explained to me the whole deal with his company

i should come out with a company

"got crusty demons?" or something

10-28-2003, 03:01 PM
i hear cows are freaking pissed off about the whole "got milk" thing.

tants
10-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by fuZe
i hear cows are freaking pissed off about the whole "got milk" thing.

norrisboat
10-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Who all from the bomb squad is going to be there? Isnt August back in Utah now? So thats one that wont be there.

400grl
10-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey Nick! We will be over there at the Glamis end one of the days this weekend - we will come look for you! Lance, make sure you stop by if you see us out there!!! I will keep my eyes peeled for you bombsquad guys......this should be a great weekend!!! :)

desertsandrider
10-29-2003, 09:47 PM
I am loading up tomorrow and heading out in the afternoon....hope to see everyone out there. Look for my Nut Buster Racing trailer and green gmc. Hope to meet some ex'ers out there!

Dan_Guetter
10-30-2003, 02:34 AM
we'll be there, i believe creech will be there too, not sure...hes coming here on thursday....so prolly...look for us

Glamis400ex
10-31-2003, 05:18 PM
It's supposed to be REAL smokey out there this weekend due to all the San Diego fires happening. Thats what I hear anyways...:confused:

Glamis

400grl
11-02-2003, 07:37 PM
OH wow......it was so beautiful out there this weekend!!!! A little bit of haze on Friday morning....then clear skies the rest of the weekend!!!! Couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!!! Hard to come home after a weekend like that!!!

Nick! We were at Glamis on Saturday.....went down vendor row and didn't see the got huevos trailer......ate at the store...gased up and headed back kinda late.....as we were passing through vendor row again I glimpsed the Got Huevos trailer but we didn't have a chance to flag down the rest of our group that was already ahead of us..........you going on Thanksgiving??

What an awesome weekend!!!!

desertsandrider
11-02-2003, 08:30 PM
yup, i'll be there in the same spot for almost a week for t-day! we had an awesome time too. saw lots of carnage as always......lots of broken trucks....even got to see some BONE......some poor kid endoed on sand highway going to olds hill...split his arm out of the skin....we got the rangers(who i might add have a terrible attitude this year) and hopefully the kid is alright.
we had some awesome duning on saturday morning after all the wind stopped and left smooth dunes. the sand drags were packed as well as olds hill at night.

later