PDA

View Full Version : PC racing plastic Renew!

sportraxkid
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
Has anybody tried this stuff I seen it in the new dirtwheels and I'm wondering how good it works.

remlapr
10-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Do some searches and you will find threads about it. Some people hav said they like it - but I think most have said it is a waste of money

nacs400ex
10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Its total garbage, I used 1 whole bottle on my rear fenders on the 300ex. I rolled it once and the plastic renew all cracked. All it is a clearcoat. Its a total waste of money, and I would only do it if you drag race, or let it sit in your garage. The amount of hours you put into its cheaper to just buy a new set of plastics, or just live with the scratches.

It gets 0 stars in my book for all of you that like the star rating. LOL

JTRtrx250r
10-15-2003, 09:52 PM
yep..waste of $$ and it still looks like chit!!:(

zfire_28
10-16-2003, 01:29 AM
Don't waste your money on this garbage product. Clean your plastic and apply a layer of Future floor wax, and it will look better than if you used PC plastic renew. It is also 100 times faster.

sparks400
10-16-2003, 09:36 PM
im with them its for sh!! i will never buy that stuff again, i was just riding and when i washed it came off. i used the stuff in shop, for sealing a wooden project. all pc did was say umm this stuff shines plastic up lets try and sell it. pc paid dirt wheels to say there stuff worked but really dont.

muff
10-17-2003, 05:01 AM
it will look nice for like one ride, then will start to flake and peel off and make your plastic look a not so great color

I use armor all now and it works good enough

kxrider
10-17-2003, 06:58 PM
i got some and it was the biggest waste of money ever it does nothin but make the plastic feel like you waxed it, and makes water bead off dont waste ur money

jshtex
10-20-2003, 10:43 AM
I wrote this review.... http://www.exriders.com/productreviews/renew.html
I don't know what happend to the pics but oh well...

For what it is worth, it does work, it takes a crap load of time, and it does not last as long as you would hope. Ours looked ok for a couple of months. But we use a power washer after every ride so that might have something to do with it.

Honestly I don't see how it could flake or peel off if you follow the directions. And half a bottle did our hole quad, again follow the directions. Basically it is a clear coat that requires a lot of surface prep. Once it wears off your plastic looks worse than it did before because of the sanding that is required to put it on in the first place.

I would recomed buying new plastic. The only way I would use this stuff again is if I was selling my quad (to someone I didnt like).