PDA

View Full Version : GNCC racers - tire question

beyer05
10-15-2003, 02:27 PM
How often do you get flats in a race? Are they repairable (after the race of course) with a tube, plug, or are they junk? I am thinking of trying some cross country, but don't want to experiment with $250 worth of tires.

4TraxRider
10-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Get a set of set of Razr 2's or holeshot XCT's, they are super strong.

Bill Fuller
10-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Make sure whatever tire you get that they are 6 ply.I have run Raxrs and Holeshots both are very strong.I run my fronts with 10 psi and the rears never lower than 4 psi.Helps the tires keep from rolling up in the turns and that is where you will get most of your flats cause the sidewall will get pinched or catch a rock.Tires are repairable with a plug or two.With the above info I have only had one flat front in 6 years of XC racing.Rears are a different story but as long as you check the pressure before a race you should be fine.

Braff1
10-15-2003, 06:10 PM
This is my first season in racing xc. From talking to Jeff@quadshop i would follow Bill recommendations. Personally I have been running Holeshot xc up front and xcr-03 in the rear. The fronts I run 7 psi for dry and 6 muddy. The rears I run 7 dry and 5 wet and muddy. Has been working good for me.