PDA

View Full Version : 440 Kit

Got_Mort03
10-15-2003, 08:37 AM
I think that i am going to get the 440 kit what all would i have to change i have a pipe, k&n filter and rejetted do i need to get a new rod to handle this or would it be fine the way it is??? any help would be great.

cals400ex
10-15-2003, 08:58 AM
everything else should be fine if your just getting a basic 440.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-15-2003, 09:08 AM
I would suggest a Ross 440 kit and cometic steel flex gasket kit, a drop in cam, a full exhaust system, maybe new valve seals, the rod should be fine but you can get a carrilio rod for a decent price.
other parts for more benefit but not needed FCR carb :D

Got_Mort03
10-16-2003, 09:22 PM
What would be the best though a 440 or a 426 which puts out the most power and speed...which one is the most reliable......if i get this done i dont want to have any problems down the road..i mainly ride woods and very little motocross i have heard that the 426 is faster than the 440 but i ride woods and dont really need speed.....i just want to gain power. If i go and get my parts through C&D Racing would they be cheaper than anywhere else??
i have seen kits that come with a jug that has been bored and sleeved all u have to do is bolt it on and go. I guess i just want the kit that is reliable and going to give me some noticable power.

Thanks for the help