PDA

View Full Version : dmc exhaust for the 400

hawiianpwr
10-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Sorry I know this is another exhaust question. But I'm really close to making a decision and I want your guys opinion. I've went back already through past forums and read through everything that I could. But there isn't much on the Dmc Alien and DR FATBOY 4. So could any of you guys with these pipes give me your detailed opinion on it.
-Are they loud? I dont want a pipe thats obnoxously loud. I did see that DMC have a quiet core
-How do they sound?
-Quality?
-Low end or top end pipe?

I will be biulding my motor this winter so I would like it to match the motor mods that I will be doing
My plan: 416 11:1 Je piston, Hotcam 2, and maybe mild port and polish. All from C&D of course!
:D

Any info would be great!

Thanks ahead of time

*FoX*KiD*
10-14-2003, 10:23 PM
well i've never riden a quad with a DMC but i've seen them there pretty loud i can tell you that i dont really like they way they sound cuz there more of a top end sounding pipe yah know how you can heard the deep troat of a pipe and jsut know its a low end well this is the complete oposite its a high pitch loud so its probly a top end pipe

if your planning on gettin an engine kit i can tell you that the DMC is a free flowing pipe everything gets through pretty qucikly so maybe thing about that

but neways thats all i really know about the DMC and your right noone really talks about them on here

first time i've heard anything about them but they do look good ill give yah that but i dont really like them jsut cuz i would rather have a low end pipe than a noise box

K_Fulk
10-15-2003, 07:36 AM
They are loud, When i put on my sparks x-6 it was actually quieter. The DMC ia a well made pipe but just doesn't make the power it needs on a built engine. Good gains from a stock motor though.

kgbg
10-15-2003, 02:10 PM
DMC are nice, I used to run one, my buddies run them. Its one of the better pipes out there. They have a tendency to break the welds where it bolts to the frame, weld ip up w/ reinforcement before you ever bolt it on, it will last for days. My friend had problems w/ silencer rivets and screws coming out (he does not understand that these things vibrate and you need to check fittings every once ina while), anyway, DMC sent him a brand new silencer for free. Service counts!

Colby@C&DRacing
10-15-2003, 02:32 PM
I agree it is a loud pipe. Louder than the sparks x-6. I also agree that it is made well but not desided for a built motor I am not saying it will not make good gains but that a pipe like the x-6 will make better gains.

4wheelboy
10-15-2003, 03:26 PM
my friends got 1 on his stock 400. yes its loud has some good power gains for a stock engine. get reel lous when the quad is wfo

hawiianpwr
10-15-2003, 03:41 PM
how about the Duncan racing Fatboy 4? Would you choose that over the Sparks x6?

a1965gt
10-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Thy guy I ride with has a DMC, makes good power, very loud, seems to be good quality except his is missing one of the heat shield bolts and the nameplate on the muffler fell off.

K_Fulk
10-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by hawiianpwr
how about the Duncan racing Fatboy 4? Would you choose that over the Sparks x6?

No its pretty much the same othere then the silencer, It would be hard to make a better pipe than the x6.

a1965gt Thy guy I ride with has a DMC, makes good power, very loud, seems to be good quality except his is missing one of the heat shield bolts and the nameplate on the muffler fell off.

I never had any problems with the way mine was built, but mine didnt have any heat shield mounts or a name plate. I just kept melting my boots.

stupid driver
10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
No its pretty much the same othere then the silencer, It would be hard to make a better pipe than the x6. .

i agree, the only difference between the fat boy 4 and the alien is that the alien doesnt combine headers at the silencer, the fat boy does. All i can say is, get the sparks. the x-6 is to me, and to many others, the best pipe you can get.