PDA

View Full Version : Burgards A-arms

INFANTRY RACING
10-14-2003, 07:58 PM
i plan on buying some burgards std. +3 arms for my 400 this week and was wondering how strong they are. How beefy are the ball joints. Crashing cause of weak ball joints or designs is never fun. thanks...and who will give me the best prices

pineway
10-14-2003, 08:22 PM
From what i here, there the best around for the price there at. I just ordered a pair and they should be here this week. I got them for 450. I would just call up burguard themselves. If you go to the links section, there site is in there.

Mike

mysticfalcon
10-14-2003, 08:40 PM
There nice arms but will make the quad sit a lil higher than some others. with same shocks and tires houser arms will sit 1/2" lower. This isnt really a big deal just something i discovered when i had to many friends parts in the garage while i was bored. I love my bugard arms. I've had no problems with mine.

fmf400ex
10-15-2003, 06:07 AM
actually they do lower your quad some. my burgard +2's with works shocks lowered my front end by about 1/2-3/4"

Pappy
10-15-2003, 06:28 AM
burgard..houser..leagers...all use the same ball joint. LSR uses a 1 mm larger ball joint. ive seen them all fail at one time or another so i wouldnt sweat it.....ive seen the new style ball joints breal also so.

burgard arms are IMO the best value for the average rider. what determines the best is up to you.

mysticfalcon
10-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by fmf400ex
actually they do lower your quad some. my burgard +2's with works shocks lowered my front end by about 1/2-3/4"
they will lower the quad its just that the housers will lower the quad 1/2" more but the money you save will pay the difference betwen works stealers and stadium series so you can get ssd instead :D

hondapunk
10-16-2003, 01:48 PM
I got a pair and i love them!!!!! I had one problem with the ball joints out of the 2 years I had them. I hit a tree going pretty fast and i hit it just in the right place to break the lower ball joint. They are all pretty much the same thing. It takes a lot to break them. I bent the whole front of my frame and the Burgards held up. So for the price you can't go wrong.

ZRacer
10-16-2003, 01:53 PM
I got a pair and i love them!!!!! I had one problem with the ball joints out of the 2 years I had them. I hit a tree going pretty fast and i hit it just in the right place to break the lower ball joint. They are all pretty much the same thing. It takes a lot to break them. I bent the whole front of my frame and the Burgards held up. So for the price you can't go wrong.

Nothing can beat an Honest opinion. Most of the time people break things, but forget to mention what they did or down play it.

hondapunk
10-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Yea no point in trying to play things off. Oh well i got a nice powercoated frame out of it so i got something good even though the money came out of my pocket. :D

Dave400ex
10-16-2003, 06:35 PM
From what I've read and seen Burgard makes very nice stuff. Not only that, he stands behind his products.

Greg Z
10-17-2003, 04:29 PM
if they can hold up in XC and have maybe little minor problems that you can fix and burgard porbably would help you out that means burgard can stand anything but THIS is my question are there A-arms ment for MX im not talkin about strength or anything just in conering ability and handeling

Ralph
10-17-2003, 08:40 PM
burgard isnt an all xc racing company,

ATVer14
10-18-2003, 08:27 AM
I run the burgards for MX, they hold up fine. I mean, where else are you going to find extended chome a-arms at a price like that! The only problem I've had is bending the upper a-arm and breaking a ball joint in the same crash. I nailed a fence post at the track going about 35 mph with my left front tire (yup, i'm and idiot too). The impact was so violent that I bent my steering stem from the force through the TIE ROD!!! So I'm not blaming burgards products on that one, plus they hooked me up with a new upper a-arm and ball joints 2nd day air for no extra charge!! Oh yea, the tie rod, also a burgard part, survived the crash with no damage even though it had enough force going through it to bend the steering stem.

So yea, go ahead and get them, you'll be happy.

fmf400ex
10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
I have been racing mx with my burgards also and they have held up awsome. I say go for them :muscle: