PDA

View Full Version : Stock tires.

DangerousDean
10-14-2003, 07:01 PM
What PSI should i be running in them? front and rear, I have the stockers on it and it says looking the owners manual, which i dont have.

Can anyone tell me what kind of pressure should be in them
Thanks

skemp
10-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Try 5 in front and 4 in back. That is what I found best when I had stock tires.

10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
i run 3 1/2 all the way around

wilkin250r
10-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Just like anything else, tire pressure depends on your type of riding. You certianly don't want to run 5psi if you're riding in sand, more like 2-3psi. However, you could run into problems if you tried to run 2psi with 22's on hard dirt, because your tires would want to "roll" in the corners, and you could possibly break a bead.

Since I don't know your riding style, or terrain, I'd suggest experimenting between 3-5psi and see what feels best to you.

xrracer36
10-15-2003, 10:19 AM
LOL
i just got my 400ex.
on my old mojave, i would run like 5 psi all around usually
the tires are stock on my 400, and they were kinda low looking when i got them, so i got out the low pressure tire guage, about 2 psi all around.
i'm just riding it around the back yard and spinning donuts on cla for now, and i'm running about 7 psi all around. seems to work just fine. just gonna keep an eye to make sure i'm not running them over inflated and wearing a bald stripe down the center. :blah:
stock warning labels on the plastic suggect about 4 psi all around.
when i start racing it, though, i'll probably get some aftermaket tires and run about 5 psi all around. seemed to work good in the kawasaki.
racer36 :D