PDA

View Full Version : Trx426f!!??

Pro400EXC
08-14-2001, 08:22 PM
Has anyone hard of East Coast ATV taking your stock 400ex frame and making mounts to accept a 250R radiator and Yz400-426F motor? What do you think the top speed would be with that coversion(stock 400ex gearing 15/38) . I also am looking for a 426F or 400F motor. You can use the stock yz-F pipe on it. Iwould use a White Bros Carbon Fiber e-series.

So do you think If i did that conversion,would it probably be better to do that than buy a new honda high-performance quad when it comes out? I priced the coversion (400EX to 426F) and it cost $1000-1800 for a 426F motor. $300 for a good used 250R radiator. $800 for East Coast to wled the mounts in a EX frame. $200 for wire harness and radiator hoses. Its around $3,500 for the whole deal. Thats cheaper than a new High poerformance quad.

So do you guys think thats a good Idea? I will get shocks and a axzle if i8 go the conversion. Thanks,Je

P.S sorry for longness:cool:

papaw
08-14-2001, 08:42 PM
you might check out last months issue of dirt wheels or atv action,cant remember which one cause i get 5 subscriptions a month but anyway there is a 400 frame housing a 426 motor and a 330r motor he uses both motors in the same frame though!!!

skemp
08-14-2001, 09:59 PM
That was in the September issue of Dirtwheels.

If you want to do it, (it seems like you do) go for it! That would be unique, something that I haven't seen for a long time. To tell you the truth, if there really is a new Honda machine, a rumor I honestly doubt, so many people will buy it that you might as well forget about getting one yourself. It would be a long time after they even announce it, if they do, and you could have your TRXYZ426FR and be able to say that you didn't hop on the bandwagon. I always appreciate things more if I have put work into it, and I think that if you did what it took to make it work, it would all be worth it, even if the guys on their new Honda 1200EX's are always flying by you. I say let them go kill themselves going 125MPH down tight, wooded trails and guys like you and I can enjoy ourselves and I will ride my dinky little 397cc toy and you your 426cc toy and live happily ever after. The big boys can keep craving more power, but I think I like what I have.

Uggh, much better. Just been seeing way too many posts asking when the new Hondas are coming out. Why can't we just wait and see if it is even true? Ah well, I'll get off my podium now. :D

08-15-2001, 10:01 AM
pro400exc go out to this link maybe Ken could help ya, save you money or give you some pointers.. He does a great job and sponsor's my racin buddy.

http://www.atving.com/editor/racing/feature/techtip/chassis.htm