PDA

View Full Version : thinkin bout my future

10-14-2003, 06:31 PM
well i go to thinkin about what i would really want to do for a living when im older, i figured id really love workin on motorcycles and quads, maybe building custom motorcycles, or doing work on them, if anyone else does things like this, how did u get started? What were some of the big things you had to take care of first? and could i really make a good living at this?

310Rduner
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
If you want a mechanic type trade, I would look into some sort of advanced technology designs, something pretty technical like jet engines or such.. i'm sure the pay is a helluva lot better than honda shop mechanics make. I would check into the Atv mechanic/ motorcycle institutes. The same company has institutes for other things like Manufacture specific cars/trucks and such

I'm still highschool, but that is just the kind of info I have looked into so far.

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 06:36 PM
The only advice I can give you is of your going to do it do it while you are young and don't have a family. Cause it just gets harder and harder to do that stuff the older you get.

10-14-2003, 06:41 PM
yea im thinkin bout going to a technical school like MMI , im also into doin things like on american chopper, u know orange county choppers , but i would like to incorporate quads and motorcycles, o and i dont plan on gettin married anytime soon, all the stuff i see is the wife yellin at the man to go make some money so she can go spend it on clothes and make up. lol

hessianmx111
10-14-2003, 07:07 PM
i dunno what to tell you but you would have to be really really good to do custom choppers and i dont think there would be too much of a market for that kinda thing

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by member
all the stuff i see is the wife yellin at the man to go make some money so she can go spend it on clothes and make up. lol

LOL thats not always true. It just gets harder to change careers when you have a family is what I'm trying to say.

10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Well do you guys have any good suggestions that envolve working on motorcycles or quads,? i could think about starting my own company, and i do realize that might take some work but, what would be the best type of company to start? i dont know yet but im tryng to think about it, im jsut worried about everything, i dotn wanna go out and have nothing to do, i will already have a car payed for so that is one less bill to worry about.

JOEX
10-14-2003, 09:04 PM
The only advice i'm willing to give is enjoy the type of work you do. It can minimize the BS that goes along with any and every 'job'. You are still quite young and your interest may very well change over the next several years. Don't tie yourself down to just one career. It is good to have a talent or two to fall back on if something doesn't work out.

Joe

4wheelboy
10-14-2003, 09:10 PM
first do u know how to weld?. if not i would suggest a tech high school like i go to. once you learn how to weld good u can start making little parts for quads/bikes. like grab bars then start selling them on ebay or somthing. i think that would be a good start on ur bizzness:cool: :cool:

10-14-2003, 09:13 PM
next year which is my sophmore year im takin welding, ag (learn how to use tubing benders, lots of power tools and we get out for livestock shows!! wooo hooo:rolleyes: ) and im taking automotive for my second year next year. so im trying to learn the basic stuff, maybe make my own parts instead of blowing 200+ bucks on them.

Narly R
10-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I am going to try to get to a Motorcycle/ATV Inssitute, In Pheniox Arizona. It seems to sound good, and HOPEFULLY open a bike shop....:ermm:

10-14-2003, 09:15 PM
thats basically what im thinking about but i would do more than just fix them and stuff, id love to trick them out like east coast atv and duncan racing does.

4wheelboy
10-14-2003, 09:20 PM
my welding teacher rides a 440ex and i know for sure hes made skids grab bar bumpers and aluminum air boxes:devil: