PDA

View Full Version : golf carts

nj300exr
10-14-2003, 06:06 PM
everyone knows that golf carts are cool except for one fact, they are two slow. i am gonna start modifying my golf cart, first i want to make it faster tho, soo i need some help, anyone know how to adjust the throttle cable on them soo you get more pull topen the carburater cuzi cant seem to figure it out, please help, its a yammy by the way, if honda made em i would prolly by one but they dont

DEAL
10-14-2003, 06:29 PM
I saw one done up with fast trekkers , beadlocks a dg bumper and some other stuff a few years ago.

JTRtrx250r
10-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by nj300exr
everyone knows that golf carts are cool :huh :confused: are you serious or j/p?Im not flamin' at all so dont take it that way...but why?it'll never really serve ya any purpose unless you just want a strange challenge I'd think..,I remember seeing 1 ..it was heavy,slow,and extremely top-heavy and the guy had all tricked out like stated above..,he looked kinda bummed haha,..are they good boggers or something?if your sprung on doing it...good luck I spose;) :D

4wheelboy
10-14-2003, 08:17 PM
i kno some 1 from atco thats got 1 its pretty cool:D

black box films
10-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Remove the governer(sp?). Then it will be faster.

-Bo

4wheelboy
10-14-2003, 08:23 PM
put a snowmobile engine in it:eek2:

JTRtrx250r
10-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
put a snowmobile engine in it:eek2: he'd probably be better off buyin' an Ody:blah:

nj300exr
10-15-2003, 05:38 PM
what purpose will it serve? any obne i want, its fun as hell to drive around town, espically if ur just headin down the street or what not to your buddys, secondly, it will always get attention, just think of the looks people give ya when they see ya drvin a golf cart, also, i could see if ya dont hve anything better it would be pointless but since i alreadyt got my qaud and truck thids is just anothercool toy to have. anyway about making it faster, iuts got a silly carb on it, it actually readjusts once it hits the tops speed, i need some one with experience on these things to help me, i cant even explain how silly it is. snowmobile engine would be worth it only if it was free

JTRtrx250r
10-15-2003, 05:49 PM
Alllrighty then,I personally wouldnt waist my time ...but what ever amuses ya,that kinda chit isnt legal on the roads around here,when we were young kids we took golf cart on the road and got whipped on by the cops,i'd probably be more sprung on trickin' out a moped haha,you might be able to make a riding lawnmower carb work,regardless ..have fun I spose

10-15-2003, 07:28 PM
put a 39mm keihn carb on it...that should solve ur problems:o

CowsBitePeople
10-16-2003, 06:16 AM
Good luck and i think the idea sounds pretty cool i used to want to do it i just didnt have the money to buy the cart to begin with

4TraxRider
10-16-2003, 08:30 AM
If you tell me what brand of cart, and year, I can help you. We've had a lot over the years.

nj300exr
10-16-2003, 05:41 PM
its a yamaha of some sort, not sure on the year, mid to late 90s maybe? does that help

mxdave28
10-16-2003, 07:23 PM
here is the one we used during the Fair...we added a few Emergencey lights and a siren...it got up and moved pretty good on top end but, was a tad slow getting there but, really not bad

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/p1a0063debe560182367d1c865e9a565f/face6b95.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pd7ccd1808b7735ab9bdd7fcd77f2bfa6/face6b93.jpg

JTRtrx250r
10-16-2003, 07:32 PM
I saw something like that but it was a Kawasaki Mule or the Ploaris version that was all tricked out that did look pretty cool,had the roll bars,lifted,big meats,big shocks and even a pretty flashy paint job,Im almost postive it said it was 4wheel drive,kinda looked like a minature rock-crawler or bogger,now I cant find where I saw it:confused:

nacs400ex
10-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Most gas golf carts are sled motors. I think they are around 200cc. Atleast the old yammie golf carts are. My buddy has one. take the governer off and they fly. We were going to make a custom frame and put a quad rear end on it, and a quad front end. LOL I guess it would end up being a quad with a lifted golf cart body. Then we were going to add hoodscoops and rice it up as a joke. But he though I should spend the money into it and leave it at his house. So I said screw it.

4TraxRider
10-16-2003, 09:11 PM
If it's a newer yamaha mdel, look in the back where the clubs usually go. Have someone press on the gas while the wheels are off the ground. You'll see a gold lever comoing out with some cables running to it. When the motor revs to to speed, teh lever will move to shut it down a little. All it takes is a Zip tie to hold it open.

nj300exr
10-17-2003, 06:47 PM
thanx four trax i'll have to ry that tommorrow. heres what i plan to do with it- lighting, neons, stereo, windsheild, some crome rims, and maybe get somepaint bobms and work a lil magic soo when i get finshed i'll give soem before and after pics, by the way doesn anyway know how much pwer the noens draw, like how many amps?

hondafox440
10-17-2003, 08:05 PM
I always thought golf carts were electric?

4TraxRider
10-18-2003, 09:30 AM
I don't know how much they draw, but I know that golf carts have realy good altenators because they have to stop and go so often. I'm sure you could run a set of lights off of it.

HoNdAdude48
10-18-2003, 09:45 AM
i have a yamaha, take the govenor off, it will do about 45

stepupmx
10-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Bill - Theres electric and gas golf carts.

Just like gas cars and electric cars but different.

Smokin 440
10-24-2003, 03:45 PM
1st neons don't draw much amperage at all, they have a converter that puts them at very high voltages but low amps. It's cool cuz my bro has em on his car and u flip the switch and the stay like for a lil bit from leftover current.
2nd the rear end throttle thingy works, did it on ours...... and we have 22inch mud busters on it w/ a homemade liftkit.
3rd if u wanna make a diff intake w/ a k&n rite behind the seat in the air so u dont get as much dust, and get rid of that little whirly bendy exhaust and make a lil straight pipe w/ a glass pack or something instead :devil: you would prob have to jet it up after that and i think u have to drill it out(its a fixed jet (i think)) or put a diff carb on.

I've alway wanted to do the intake and pipe, but my dad won't let me cuz he doesn't want it to be loud like everything else i have... either way golf carts are fun to dick around on, doughnuts, 180's it does em all... :devil: