PDA

View Full Version : A-arms help

exman
10-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Looking for +2 or +3 a-arms for 300ex, trying to find some that don't have the screw in type ball joint on bottom arm. Do they even exist or will i have to go with the screw in ball joints. Anyplace that will make them for me. Help Help Help

thanks

300exOH
10-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by exman
Looking for +2 or +3 a-arms for 300ex, trying to find some that don't have the screw in type ball joint on bottom arm. Do they even exist or will i have to go with the screw in ball joints. Anyplace that will make them for me. Help Help Help

thanks

As far as I know all of the aftermarket a arms have screw in ball joints. They are bettter that way so you can replace them without having to replace the whole a arm. You just screw the lower ones all the way in and use the uppers to adjust the camber. Hope this helps.

exman
10-15-2003, 03:57 PM
It just seams that the potential for a snaped balljoint is greater when they are screw in type. I would hate for son to be sailing a double and land and ball joint stud snaps...could be ugly. I wonder if they can take the abuse of hard MX track riding.

hondapunk
10-16-2003, 03:09 PM
I haven't heard of any aftermarket a-arms that don't have screw in ball joints. As far as holding up on the track just go to a race and look at all the lower a-arms they have screw in ones. So they can take the abuse but im not gonna say they don't break becasue they do. Its not that often though. Out of 2 years with my a-arms i've only broken one ball joint.