PDA

View Full Version : YFZ Question

chad duvall
10-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Ryan, To get back to you on your question about the YFZ for an amature level. I do know someone that is riding on with stock shocks in the Pro class and likes it. Taken some of the pre load out makes it a little better. These shocks probibly can be re valved to make them a little softer for the woods. One investment I would make would be the Ricky Stator tyrod and tyrod ends. These are more like the honda style and hold up. That would be a good start. Then figure out your style and budget and go from there.
Thanks
Chad

Pappy
10-14-2003, 03:07 PM
hey chad...if you could fix one thing on the yfz...what would it be?

chad duvall
10-14-2003, 03:19 PM
a reply from my mechanic, changing the position of the upper and lower ball joints to be in line with each other. This would make it not be so dicey.

10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
welcome to the site chad. Thanks for signin up and giving us good info.

Ryan
10-14-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks Chad for the information. Im considering buying a YFZ450 (In the future) and just wanted to get the facts straight.

jlhughes750
10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Chad, did u ride the YFZ with stock shocks and then with the new frt. end and shocks. or did u go straight to the LT set up from Houser. What i'm asking is if u got a chance to pound that thing through the woods with the stock shocks????

Also if u have a moment? How does the YFZ (w/new suspension) compare to the ROLL u ran a few years ago. As far as handling, are u able to take the Yami to edge and live to tell about it. How about confidence? are u able to just sit down and plow through the rough yet and trust it, or is it still a little bouncy feelin'???
Thanks for the time Chad!! Go get em!!!!!!!

later, J

400grl
10-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Cool!!! Someone else has good feedback for Ricky Stator!!! I had his a-arms / tie rods and loved them - great ball joints!!! I would suggest those tie rod ends to anyone with a Yamaha - Rappy riders especially!

Welcome to the site, Chad........great to have PRO pro's on the forum!!!! This is all great info on the YFZ.......:)

jlhughes750
10-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Bluetraxx!!!!! we got Chad over here!!!!:blah:

hahahaha:D

10-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
Hey Bluetraxx!!!!! we got Chad over here!!!!:blah:

hahahaha:D

Yeah i'll be happy when we get some talk about the new honda.. I hate seeing threads about yamaha's over here....:grr:

But hey,, your free to talk about what you want, and it's awesome to get free info from Chad. :D

400grl
10-15-2003, 12:38 PM
When I get my Honda I will post for you Rico!!!! :) With pics!!:D

AtvMxRider
10-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
When I get my Honda I will post for you Rico!!!! :) With pics!!:D

What about me?:(

400grl
10-15-2003, 01:52 PM
You too, silly!!! :)

AtvMxRider
10-15-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
You too, silly!!! :)

;) :devil:

chad duvall
10-15-2003, 06:06 PM
No,i didnt use the stock, i went straight to the
houser stuff when i got the bike,as far as the stock shocks this is just feedback from another rider,as far as the bike go's i havent been this excited about a bike since my roll bike. My ex
has been good to me but this new bike really rocks. The front end is a little dicy,the caster
needs to be changed,but this bike is just about as good as my roll. This thing is fun and awesome just to ride. About everyone i no as put a leg over it as bought one or wants one. Their is no dought that this thing as some issues too.
Thanks, but if their is any more question just ask me.

jlhughes750
10-16-2003, 06:59 AM
thanks Chad. Good luck at Indy!!