PDA

View Full Version : My 400ex sleeve cracked

seg400exr
10-14-2003, 02:47 PM
I have a 400ex that I bored to a 416 with a jp piston hotcams stage 2 and xr gaskets k&n air filter dynojet and a doma exhaust. It seized up on me and when I took it apart the sleeve was broken and it is stuck between the piston and the case and the piston won't move. If any one has any advice on what I will need to buy to fix it and how I can get the piston out It would be greatly appreciated.

stupid driver
10-14-2003, 07:22 PM
if its cracked, your gonna have to resleeve. So you can use a little, "force" to get the piston out. Just dont screw up the cylinder block

hondapunk
10-16-2003, 04:53 PM
I have a 300ex and my motor seized as well. I took it down the the shop and when they pulled it apart they found out that the sleeve had come apart from the cylinder. The sleeve slid down into the lower motor and the crank came and hit and and cracked it into pieces. The piston was wedged in the top of the sleeve. the whole lower half of the sleeve was cracked and pieces were in the lower motor. In my case i had to get the lower motor cracked and cleaned up. They had to replace the piston and sleeve that was pretty much it. I put a big bore though since i was putting a new sleeve anyway. As long as nothing got into the lower motor with yours all you have to do is resleeve and piston(including rings, clips, pin gaskets). Im not really sure how they got the piston out of the sleeve but you can e-mail them or call tell them your problem and ask them. They are really cool people so im sure they will help you out. Heres a link to their site C&G Cycle (http://www.cgatv.com)