PDA

View Full Version : are blasters good

02-05-2002, 01:54 PM
i am looking for a blaster and was just ask what are the good thing and the bad. THANK

TrengaBlaster3
02-05-2002, 06:07 PM
ill give you the bad things iv experienced... rear brakes have locked (fixed with lots of grease in caliper), front brakes get wierd when they get water in them, cracked my swingarm (just from beatin the **** out of it while jumping), poor chain adjustment (got a lsr roundhousing swingarm, fixed both swingarm problems). those are the problems i have had, the only other problems would be theyre tippy with the stock tires, just buy new rears and flip the fronts around. they have a respectable amount of power stock, but can have a lot of power when modded (ask 400exjoe, lol joe). i am selling mine but i dont know if you want a used one and i dont know how close you live. write back with anymore questions.
~Craig~

xtremerider
02-05-2002, 09:25 PM
I've had pretty much the same problems. if u get a blaster i say get a hydrulic brake for the back. and definetly get a new chain adjustment.

TrengaBlaster3
02-06-2002, 12:44 PM
If you are not going to ride super hard i dont think you will have half those problems... I wouldnt go out and spend 360 bucks on hydrolic brakes when i have my stock rears working just as good. all you do is if they lock up, take the caliper apart and using a wire brush and WD, clean every part in there. then take grease and pack it into everything. i did this to mine and they havnt stuck since. thats just my opinion but id rather spend the $360 on somethin else.

02-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Tell me how much you want for your blaster and what has like pipes.o and i live in maryland. what year is it. thanks

TrengaBlaster3
02-07-2002, 12:47 PM
It is a 2001 blaster (blue) w/ Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 20x11-10 holeshots on ITP .190 rims , Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch.... possibly more to come. i am asking $3400.

Nausty
02-07-2002, 07:11 PM
What size are you? If you are on the heavy side a blaster will definetly be cramped and weak for you if its stock. btw trenga I was woundering about the rear brake thing because on time last winter my rear brakes totaly locked up. Hasn't ever happened again don't know why. Do you have a oil injector block off? because ours the red light is always turning on and I heard the stock injector barely works and may starve the engine oil.

TrengaBlaster3
02-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Nausty, the same thing happend to my brakes, they locked up then i just fooled around with them a little bit and they were fine. but then a few days later they locked up for good so i took them off and ran it without them for a couple months. then when i got the new swingarm, i took the caliper apart and cleaned everything out and greesed everything up and have had no problems with them since. I have the oil injector block off kit and it runs alot better with it. the injector runs it at 18:1 which causes it to run bad. i run mine at 40:1 and it runs great. i used to run it at 32:1 but i found it easier to mix with 40:1 cuz i just dump a container of oil in instead of a little more than 1. if the injector breaks you have no way of knowing and can blow up your engine.

02-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Overall Blasters suck If you are not learning how to race. The engine is unreliable and its to small. Plus the breaks are horrible. Dont get a Blaster!:o

Nausty
02-08-2002, 03:58 PM
I think blasters are fine for young beginners my self.

02-09-2002, 08:53 AM
I think that the Blaster is a good bike. It is a little small, but other than that I think that they are pretty sweet. A Blaster is obviously going to be over powered by a 400EX or a Raptor but look at the difference in engine size (not to mention price). As long as you don't buy one thinking that you are going to run with those kind of bikes, you will be fine. The Blaster is a quick and powerful engine. In my experiences, the Blaster almost always beats the 300EX in a drag.

TrengaBlaster3
02-09-2002, 05:44 PM
when i bought one i didnt think i would run with those quads but i now know that i can run with those quads. lol that sucks for them. right joe?

Stunz
02-09-2002, 06:32 PM
Blasters (Banshee Jr.) will always get a tumbs up from me.

They are great for tight woods riding.

Juggalo
02-09-2002, 07:39 PM
blasters are fun to screw around on. and i want one for when i have company. and you can make em pretty mean with some mods on it!

CranMan
02-10-2002, 07:42 AM
My son has a Blaster, and I like to ride it sometimes. There's something about that 2-stroke powerband that I like. That's why I won't ride a Banshee, becaust I might not like the EX anymore after that. But I've done some trail riding on the Blaster, and I've got to say I'd like to get one as a second quad and mod it, just for playing around on. No it's not in the EX's class at all, but it's still a darn fun quad when they're running right!!!

02-10-2002, 01:06 PM
I agree that it is POSSIBLE to make a Blaster run with the bigger bikes. Stock for stock it is in a whole other league. I definitely give the Blaster a thumbs up!

02-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Hay i hav a 400ex but my old bike , a blaster 89, has become my dads. So when i got my 400 my dad takes it apon mimself to do whatever it takes mo beat my stock 400ex.So he takes the whole damn thing appart i mean everything. he has ordered 240 kit active reeds, reed specer , pc pipe/scliencer, all around holeshot xct on .190 itp rims,oly shock kit,knn airfiltr, airbox vents.jet kit and new blue and white myer plastics. to tell you the truth i am a litle intimadate becaus with he light weigh of the quad and all that power \ i dont know how my 400ex will hold up in a drag. BUT i have orderd with him a power bomb hedder with a pc4 and a jet kit knn air filter and also airbox vents turftamers and shock wares. i hope i can hold up agnst him. ill let youknow how the blaster runs after he gets all his crap in the mail. later

Bud88
02-21-2002, 12:37 PM
i can run with bigger bikes ive beat a 300ex and a warrior and can keep up with a 400 ex my bike blew up because of the oil injection so i blocked it off and the brakes but other then that i love that bike its fun

DiceMan400
02-21-2002, 07:10 PM
A blaster can not run with the big bikes....... Not even a 400 ex..... A stock 400 will stomp on even a tricked out blaster...... Use your heads people....... If a 400 can smoke a worrior and a worrior can smoke a blaster what do you think a 400 would do to the blaster?

TrengaBlaster3
02-22-2002, 08:09 AM
you aint got a fuggin clue in life!

Scott
02-22-2002, 08:15 AM
WHO CARES?!?!? They are two completely different machines (400 and blaster) targeted at two completely different groups. Small bore 2 stroke and large bore 4 stroke. They aren't going to compete ANYWHERE except in back yards and friendly trail rides. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. You're never going to come to an agreement as to the better machine, it completely depends on what you intend to do and who the rider will be.

Get over it.

rhandw69
02-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Way to go Scott. I think thats an appropriate reply to every post that says how theyre 400 is better than this, or theyre raptor is better than this or how no one can touch there quad.... blah blah blah........................who gives a rats *##!!!!
Just ride and be happy.
Whether your on a 400 or a breeze or a banshee,,,it beats watching and walking while others are having fun.
Peace!

DiceMan400
02-22-2002, 04:21 PM
I was not trying to get anyone mad or say my 400 is the king of quads....... I just hate when people say they can get a little baby bike like a blaster to run with the bigger bore bikes..... It just aint possible....... Oh and to Trengablaster3, I aint got a clue? Well that cool bro....... I would not expect anything less from a little kid..... I was ridin before you were even thought about boy.......

TrengaBlaster3
02-22-2002, 09:47 PM
umm..... yeah that makes alot of sense.... eat **** faggit!

TrengaBlaster3
02-22-2002, 09:48 PM
SHE IS A BADASS BANSHEE EATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotflmfao, you stupid flamer

02-22-2002, 09:57 PM
are you always this much of a jerk????

how would you know if a modded blaster couldn't beat a 400ex .?

it's got a lot of mods and i ride with it and it's as fast as ****.
why don't you just keep your mouth shut unless you've raced that blaster!!

MxStar826
02-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Ya,sorry to say bud,but I rode trenga blasters blaster last weekend and the thing rips,you shouldnt open your mouth cuz obviously you dont know how fast blasters are when you but 3,000 into them. I bet I could beat a 400ex or even a raptor,any quad could beat any quad,its all in the rider.

DiceMan400
02-24-2002, 09:12 AM
Dont get mad little boys...... I dont even bother racing blasters anymore..... ...... I have fun just blastin...... Like I said I have been riding way before you little turds were born...... :blah Have fun on your blasters kids.......

JabberJaw
02-24-2002, 09:48 AM
I think that if you bought two blasters, they'd make an awesome set of rollerskates!!!

TrengaBlaster3
02-24-2002, 10:26 AM
yeah the funny part is i am a kid. im 15 and prolly a **** of alot better rider than you and still have alot of years ahead of me. i dont even know why i care what quad is faster because im a jumper and mine works awesome for jumping. you people should be kickin yourselves in the *** for even having to argue with a blaster owner. 202cc's more the 400 shouldnt even have to worry about a blaster.

DiceMan400
02-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Ok kid...... I am sure you are a better rider than me...... You must be if you can handle the awsome power of that mean blaster......LMAO....... My little 8 year old cousin rides a blaster and I aint jokin...... I have raced and jumped with atleast 10 hopped up blasters..... And they all stink....... JMO???? Dont think so.......

trx400ex
02-24-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TrengaBlaster3
yeah the funny part is i am a kid. im 15 and prolly a **** of alot better rider than you and still have alot of years ahead of me. i dont even know why i care what quad is faster because im a jumper and mine works awesome for jumping. you people should be kickin yourselves in the *** for even having to argue with a blaster owner. 202cc's more the 400 shouldnt even have to worry about a blaster.
doesnt even know his own displacement:rolleyes:

they do make good rollerskates jabber

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 05:45 PM
I would really like to see any blaster beat a 400. Im sure it can be done (stevengates beats banshee's with his 300ex in drag races...lol) I dont think trenga will be the one to do it. You seem like a cocky kid that hasnt really ridden that much. I would put my money on dice. A 440 vs. a blaster? And yes, there are faster quads out there then a banshee, I believe that a 440 will beat a banshee, atv action did a test when the 400ex was new and with a piston change, a new cam, and a new pipe, it was out running a banshee in the strait line drags. I would like to see this good thread turned bad locked.

MxStar826
02-24-2002, 05:48 PM
I would really like to see any blaster beat a 400. Im sure it can be done (stevengates beats banshee's with his 300ex in drag races...lol) I dont think trenga will be the one to do it. You seem like a cocky kid that hasnt really ridden that much

Obviously you don't know TrengaBlaster3,he might be cocky but the kid is better than most the riders out there. I think it's sad you "old people" have to pick on young kids,you must have no lives or something.

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 05:51 PM
I think it is sad that you think a blaster will outrun a 400ex, and you sit on here all day and talk about how good of a rider while the rest of us are out there mxing or riding trails.

MxStar826
02-24-2002, 05:56 PM
ya,cuz I sit here all day and think about Trenga. And you know,right?*****real bad word******

clean it up or keep it to yourself
4punks

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey, can we please keep the language clean here? I am not going to argue with you, so lets just drop it, we are in the same sport here. I have ridden blasters, and they are extreamly fun to ride. They just are in a different class as the 400ex, apples to oranges.

DiceMan400
02-24-2002, 06:10 PM
See now we can see the age mentality of these kids out here..... Why must we resort to foul language and name calling...... I guess us "old" guys are just alittle more laid back than these wirey little boys are....... I understand you love the bike you ride but the facts are just that....... Blasters are toys and 400exs, banshees and raptors are for big boys.......

DiceMan400
02-24-2002, 06:16 PM
Hey ridered you seam to be one of the younger guys out here with a brain in his head....... These other kids can learn alot from you.......

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks for backing me up here. I hate when kids my age go shoothing off their mouth and give teenagers a bad name. I come here to read about my favorite sport, and dont need to see this crap.

DiceMan400
02-24-2002, 06:22 PM
I haer that bro..... We should let this stupid tread die...... See ya on the forums........

MxStar826
02-24-2002, 06:56 PM
I understand you love the bike you ride but the facts are just that.......
You got it wrong,no offence. I don't love my blaster,first off,I'm 5'10 and the blaster is way to small for me,if I had a choice,I would get a Banshee or a 250r. The blaster isn't anything compared to my old 2000 Cr125. I bought it off a professional that raced against McGrath and all the big boys. That bike flew. The only reason I have a blaster is because it's the only thing I can afford right now because I'm saving for truck.

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 06:59 PM
You sold off all of those awsome bikes and now have a 1989 blaster? Something doesnt add up here.

MxStar826
02-24-2002, 07:03 PM
I grew out of the first 2 kawis,but then I wanted to race quads after racing dirtbikes so I sold my cr and got the 300ex but it wasnt fast enough.so i traded a kid for the quadracer but it needed some work and I didnt feel like putting money into it so I traded a kid my 250 for his blaster. The 250 didnt run and he gave me $300 so I couldnt pass it up. I'm trying to sell my blaster and if I do I plan on getting a race ready 250r by the end of 2002.

RideRed04
02-24-2002, 07:04 PM
I got ya. Good luck with the r, I have never ridden one, but hear they are awsome.

TrengaBlaster3
02-25-2002, 04:14 PM
doesnt even know his own displacement
whats 397 minus 195 smartass. i have beaten 400exjoe's 400 i dont kare what the **** you people think. i dont give a **** if you people wanna hear about your "favorite sport" or not. of course im not a good rider im not a "honda rider". how could i be good if i have a yamaha? whatever i dont care maybe ill just sell my quad, i can never be "good" so why bother.

RideRed04
02-25-2002, 05:42 PM
No one ever said anything bad about yamaha, we said that they are 2 different classes of quads! Just when the conversation starts to get civil again.

trx400ex
02-25-2002, 06:50 PM
edited

DiceMan400
02-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Oh trengabombster calm down son you might blow a gasket or something....... Why cant you just understand that your blaster cant beat a 400ex???? It aint your fault that blasters are slow little toys...... And why do you keep using foul language????? People will never respect you if you keep doing that...... Take a lesson from RIDERED....... He is your age and has more brains and respect than some people my age....... Its not how fast you go it how much fun you have doing it....... Im am sure you are a fine rider, I was when I was 15 but you just dont have the body weight or muscle to ride the BIG bikes...... Its ok you might be there in a few years....... I hope I did not make you cry when I said that blasters stink....... Dry your tears and act like a big boy....... You will see that people will be more willing to listen to what you have to say...... Well its 9:30 so go get your cloths ready for school in the morning a get to bed.......

JustRace
02-25-2002, 08:09 PM
I'll just sit here with my pop corn and watch the soap opera continue. :D

Good ol fashin entertainment. :devil

TrengaBlaster3
02-25-2002, 08:15 PM
ok im not looking for respect, all i am saying is that i beat 400exjoe on a track. i can definetly handle the big quads i just cant afford one, how bout you make fun of me because of that too. but really i dont even ride much anymore so i really dont kare that much about them, i just ride once in a while. im done with this site except maybe an occational post so you dont have to worry about me anymore. later guys.

DiceMan400
02-25-2002, 08:49 PM
I aint makin fun...... I am just makin a point...... It looks like you are starting to understand because you did not go crazy in your last post...... Just keep it real...... Your bike did not beat the 400.... You did..... You are ok with me...... just keep the dissin and foul language to a minimum.....

Bud88
02-27-2002, 12:09 PM
dico man
i never said i could beat those bike bikes i can keep up with the stock ones easily the way my bike is built i can hang with a 400ex and kinda hang with a stock banshee my bikes built a lot on a cop radar i was clocked at 68-70 mph i mean thats pretty good for a blaster i didnt say i could beat them i can just keep up with the stock ones !

03-02-2002, 07:54 AM
Now ct has a mean 240 kit for the blaster, puts out as much horces as a stock banshee= 40hp, it would burn a 400, and easy hang wit a 440.

yamasaki_125
03-02-2002, 11:44 AM
i know a guy with a blaster with the following mods and it will blow away your little ***** 4 strokes

295cc big bore kit
+2 extended arms
+2 extended swingarm
aktive reeds
vitos degree key
39mm keihin pwk carb
itp holeshots on douglas .190 all around
renthal bars
full race poring
head milled
liquid cooling kit

that thing pumps out 54 horses on the dyno

RideRed04
03-02-2002, 12:22 PM
Ok, fair enugh, now lets talk money. After we talk money, lets talk reliability. After that, lets talk about trail riding. After that....

yamasaki_125
03-02-2002, 01:17 PM
he bought it used for $3500. it is an awesome trail riding machine, it handles great and has lots of low end. reliability- he has never had one problem with it and it is a '92. and just because you messed up and got a little gutless 400 4 stroke doesn't mean you have to be a sore loser!!! mine has all of the mods his does except i have a 265cc kit instead of a 295cc kit and i could beat your little 4 stroke without 6th gear!!!

RideRed04
03-02-2002, 01:32 PM
What is with all these blaster owners? I dont care if yours is faster, mine is perfect for ME, why dont you get that?

edit* my 400 is small, but your 265 is big?

trx400ex
03-02-2002, 01:36 PM
thats what im saying...blaster owners tend to be hostile, i think its because they get made fun of by there riding buddies who have bigger quads, then they get on the internet and try to get back at the world, kind of like the child abuse heredity thing:huh , i dont know, just a theory, and yes im serious!!

yamasaki_125
03-02-2002, 02:46 PM
i was just sayin that your 400ex is not all bad like you think it is. especially if you get can be beat by those "rollerskate" blasters. and your 400 air cooled 4 stroke is weak and small compared to a liquid cooled 265 2-stroke, it would blow the doors off of urs. oh and by the way how many horses does your little 400 have?

TrengaBlaster3
03-02-2002, 02:57 PM
aright shut it down ladies.

RideRed04
03-02-2002, 07:17 PM
I agree with you trenga, but I want to know a few things first, you have a liquid cooled blaster? And read my posts, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I never said my 400 was "bad", I said that it was good for me. I still think that my mildy tuned 400ex is a million times more reliable than a wound out blaster, and that is important to me. I am done, lets let it die.

TrengaBlaster3
03-02-2002, 10:44 PM
many people take the liquid cooled head off the DT200 dual-sport bikes that the blaster engine was originally designed from. it'll make about 30hp after that. i am not sure about his bore tho, i have never seen anyone bore the liquid cooled head....
i wonder if you could throw the ct big bore into a dt200 head... that would be some crazy power.

RideRed04
03-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Ok, I remember reading about that a while back on the connection, looked interesting. Wasnt it the whole top end they used? I dont think it is the liquid cooling making the extra power though.

iceman2488x
03-03-2002, 02:34 PM
NEEVER BUY A BLASTER EVERYONE I KNOW THAT HAS HAD EM HAS HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING ON EM MY GOOD FRIEND HAD ONE AND BOUGHT IT FOR 1700 AND ENDED UP PUTTING 3000 INTO REPAIRS OVER 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!BUY A USED 300ex INSTEAD ITS CHEAPER THAN A NEW BLASTER AND WILL LAST U LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!blasters suck people :devil :devil !

RideRed04
03-03-2002, 03:49 PM
Why does it not suprise me that you are 13? Just when we all calm down again! I think you could have worded that post better, I dont know, I had some friends that had bad experiences with blasters, but they where older modles, I'm sure the new ones are reliable...

MxStar826
03-03-2002, 04:14 PM
hey iceman,right now I have a blaster and I haven't had any problems with it and it's an '89. But for that 300ex,I had a 98 and it blew up,that peice of ****. I put atleast 2k into to make it worthy of riding and it bit the dust. No offence,but the only honda I'd ever buy is the 250r.

Bud88
03-04-2002, 12:41 PM
blaster was a great begging bike but im up for moving on to a bigger bike im buying a 400 no question about it but my blaster was a good begging bike

MxStar826
03-04-2002, 01:16 PM
I've been riding and racing dirtbikes and quads for over 10 years,and I ride a blaster and it's still a fun bike. I've ridin most the quads out there and the blaster doesnt have anywhere near as much power as all the other quads,but I can't say too many bad things about it.

TrengaBlaster3
03-04-2002, 03:57 PM
yeah its the whole top end of the DT200, and i do believe it is the liquid cool that gives it the power. itll run cooler which gives it extra power. iceman you cant expect to pay 1700 for any quad and it to be good. buy a brand new one and you will have a few cheap, easy to repair problems.

Poncho
03-04-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by iceman2488x
NEEVER BUY A BLASTER EVERYONE I KNOW THAT HAS HAD EM HAS HAD MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING ON EM MY GOOD FRIEND HAD ONE AND BOUGHT IT FOR 1700 AND ENDED UP PUTTING 3000 INTO REPAIRS OVER 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!BUY A USED 300ex INSTEAD ITS CHEAPER THAN A NEW BLASTER AND WILL LAST U LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!blasters suck people :devil :devil !

Well, he really did tell the truth.:o

03-06-2002, 07:37 PM
I personaly have always had dirt bikes. But my wife however has kept with quads mainly. She rides a 250r now but had a blaster for years. There is a few things you have to consider. The blaster engine is "small" so you say. And your air cooled 400 is "bigger". Like I said I ride bikes and the rule of thumb is it usually requires exactly twice the cc's of a fourstroke to equal the same horse power in a 2 stroke. Case in point. Yzf 426 "4 stroke"which I own is the same power and horse power as my cr250 "2 stroke" which I also own. So is the "small" 250 crappy and sucks because it's not a 426? Also take the weight of most 4 strokes and compare them to the 2 strokes. Also spend $500 dollars in mods on both the 2 and 4 stroke and now guess which one is faster. To get a 4 stroke engine modded costs 4 times what it costs to get the same amount of added power desired out of the 2 stroke motor.

Don't get me wrong I like fourstrokes alot I own 2 of them the 426 yamaha and the 501 husaberg but if I put $1000 dollars worth of modds into my fourstrokes motors and a $1000 dollars worth in my 2 strokes motor I promise my cr250 would blow the snot out of my fourstrokes, plus still weigh about 30 lbs less.

As for the blaster, If I remember right it cost exactly half of the 400ex new right. So if one was to put that other $2,500 into the blaster to equal the cost of the 400ex stock, and have a proffesional shop do all the motor work correctly. I believe their is no way the 400 would stand a chance. For $2500 in a blaster would put it near 300cc "2 stoke cc's mind you" extended swingarm extended A arms new works suspension and still alot lighter than a 400ex.

My wifes blaster had a fmf pipe and silencer, reeds, removed head gasket for higher compression, ported and polished and with her light weight she would beat alot a stock bigger bikes. I dont need to say which ones you know which ones.

Also the kid said he can beat most 400's. If he has a blaster like he say's then I believe him. Why? well considering when I was 15 I weighed about oh 135 lbs. Now since most 400 riders are older or bigger it would explain why a 135lb rider on a modded 2 stroke beating say a 160 - 220 lb rider on a stock 4 stroke.

I'm not sticking up for either side here. Personally I cant believe the way most of you would bicker back and forth like you just did especially with a 15 yr old kid. Let alone doing it on a public board.
Should any of you care if someone say's they can out ride you or their bike is faster than yours? The only time you should care if it's live in person with both bikes present. Peoples personality's change when they get behind a keyboard as supposed to how they would talk or respond to an acusation in person with the other individual. So the fact that he is 15,was told his story about being able to beat a 400 was false, and being "ganged" up on in a way by older men old enough to be his father. I can see his use of attidude in a way. When I was 15 I may have responded the same. But I would sure hope someone 10,15,or 20 yrs oler than me would understand adolesents and not continue to egg me on.

Well maybe this is the end of this thread which I hope. But come guy's dont hide behind keyboards. Talk to one another the way you would if you were both in a bike shop buying new bikes and happen to be BSing together. Take it easy! Jeff

TrengaBlaster3
03-06-2002, 08:25 PM
WOW! that was extremely well said. i agree with everything you said. i also hope that this will end the post and the wars between quads. later.

RideRed04
03-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Very well said. In theory, the 2x displacement thing is right, but not always proven to be true. A 400ex has oh, 27 hp, and a blaster has (___ fill in the blank, I think it is around 18). A case that is opposite is a suzuki 500 quadmaster isnt making close to the hp of a 250r.

TrengaBlaster3
03-07-2002, 03:13 PM
im not sure the horsepower of a blaster stock, i have heard anywhere from 15-18. but you are right, its not always true.

Nausty
03-09-2002, 05:17 PM
ok all you people dissing the blasters really don't know much about them. I have room to speak because I have a 400ex and a blaster we are trying to sell. The reason I am selling it is because I am just plain to big for it. i'm tall and i weigh just under 150 pounds so its pretty cramped but you guys don't relize that if you are a small to medium guy you can make a blaster fly with all the cheap mods you can do to them. They weigh 100 pounds less than our 400's and they can make 35 or so hp for about the same price as our bikes including new shocks, tires, and wider axle and they also have the 2 stroke powerband. Now they arn't as reliable as our 400's but we have a 10hp head start but if we want to get some power out of our quads. it will cost us. But we do have the advantage and because of the 250r styled frame and handling. The only thing bad about them is all the parts you need, like better rear tires first off, brakes, pipe, and the oil injection blockoff. I think the blaster is awsome for woods riding for the vertically challenged people:D Now I was comparing if you were to put that 2500-3000 dollars into a blaster because of the cost of our quads. Go to atvnews.com and in one of the project bikes they got a blaster that they put just over 3000 bucks into if I remember right and that thing should rip but for the bigger, heavier riders it loses the nimbleness so you might as well get a bigger quad.

03-10-2002, 06:52 PM
The good things are 2stroke fast and light but the bad thing is kick start no reverse

joe250
03-10-2002, 09:58 PM
heres a pic of my 250ex and my friends blaster.

DiceMan400
03-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I cant believe this tread is still going......... Look what we started Trenga..... LOL...... Its much better now that we are all speakin like adults...... I guess it dont matter what kind of bike we are on as long as we are having fun....... Later

TrengaBlaster3
03-12-2002, 08:20 PM
LOL it can go on for as long as it wants now that there is no more fighting.

87Warrior
03-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Blaster is ok if you are small enough to fit on it and don't want to spend a lot of money. it would make a great beater. nice to buy as a second or third quad.

DiceMan400
03-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Hey 87Worrior,
Why would you go from a Worrior to a 300EX...... Save your cash and go with a 400EX...... If you are used to a worrior you will not be happy with the 300EX....... It will almost be like you are downgrading your quad....

EX4Life
03-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Your downgrading???????????????

Not true...

I owned a warrior and got rid of it because of a good deal on a 300.

After putting the exhaust and jet kit, the quad is a blast.

But remember HP isnt everything. I completely like the feel of the 300 compared to the Warrior. The ride is totally different, so your downgrading comment is purely an opinon and not neccasarily the truth.

I have a group or 15 friends that I ride with and we go at least 3x a month for 2 daylong trail rides.

There are yamaha's and honda's and if we can get along riding together, how come we cant get along on a computer??

We all need to stick together before there are NO places to ride and this is all we have left.......computers:(

87Warrior
03-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Dude its wArrior and i am not downgrading since my warrior only pulls 47mph
i MIGHT get a 400 but i need reverse so a 300 is good enough

i need to get better at riding and i think you can only be as good as your quad and mine is limited and a 300 is more suited to motocross

if i get a 300 ill just end up skipping the 400
meaning ill sell the 300 when the romered 650ex (NOT the 750, this one will have the XR650 engine) comes out and if it sucks (i doubt it will) ill get the 400 or a 250r

DiceMan400
03-17-2002, 08:04 PM
Who said anything about getting along or not getting along....... You are right it is my opinion....... I thought I was giving good advice......And I think that correcting spelling is unnessisary...... We are not in school and everone mispells somthing sometimes..... Get the 300EX and you will see for yourself....... How fast do you think the 300ex goes anyway?????

EX4Life
03-17-2002, 08:16 PM
who said anything about spelling???

87Warrior
03-18-2002, 03:41 PM
a 300 ex goes 52mph and can be easily upgraded to go faster

Nausty
03-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 87Warrior
Dude its wArrior and i am not downgrading since my warrior only pulls 47mph
i MIGHT get a 400 but i need reverse so a 300 is good enough

i need to get better at riding and i think you can only be as good as your quad and mine is limited and a 300 is more suited to motocross

if i get a 300 ill just end up skipping the 400
meaning ill sell the 300 when the romered 650ex (NOT the 750, this one will have the XR650 engine) comes out and if it sucks (i doubt it will) ill get the 400 or a 250r

1st top speed means jack.
2nd just cuz it has more cc's doesn't mean jack either and can also be a hinderance.
3rd I can't think of anything else but 2 isn't enough:D

lol I would seriously just go with a 400ex now the only thing it lacks is serious power but look at doug eichner he rides and a 400ex and auviously you can mod those tow in the 4 stroke championships and that skill has a lot more to do with it than the quad. 400ex really isn't lacking in power but is awsome in handling so that makes up and you can mod them out to make a lot of power.

87Warrior
03-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

1st top speed means jack.
2nd just cuz it has more cc's doesn't mean jack either and can ...

1. top speed is very little, not nothing, just very little. i don't mind my top speed of 47mph much (its got it where it counts), only when im going across town behind my friend's 400EX AND EVEN A POS RECON (no brakes, half a seat, engine has over 4in of play in it) beats me.

2. the 300 has way better throttle response than a 350 warrior, not b/c of the ccs, its b/c of the 4 valves instead of 2, and being a honda helps too.

stevengates45
03-22-2002, 11:42 PM
pic of my old blaster. I put alot of money into it & it was nice but it was very hard to sale! I had on it: Barnett clutch, FMF pipes, K&N filter, bored .50 over, DG bumper & 6pack rack & nerf bars, extra set of stock tires on rims, extra set of paddle tires on ITP rims, blue shockwears on the front, cascade handlebar clamp, & renthal metallic blue handlebars. I liked it but if im glad I got rid of it.

TrengaBlaster3
03-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Heres some pics of my blaster....

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/F0/A4/9179120-a73e-019F0108-.jpg
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/F6/A4/9179126-fa24-017400FB-.jpg

It Has Lone Star +4" roundhousing swingarm, Works Dual-rate fronts, Graydon Proline pipe and silencer, Trenga Racing's oil injection block off kit, RK "RX" 108 link chain, 20x6x10 holeshots on ITP .190 rims, 18x11x8 Turfs on douglas .125's, Aktive reeds, Trenga Racing billet reed spacer, DynoJet race needle & jetts, UNI dual-stage filter, Motion-Pro brake cable for extended swingarm, Talon 40t rear sprocket, Renthal 14t front sprocket, ProDesign kill switch.

250exmaster
04-06-2002, 06:33 PM
i think the blaster is an asome quad. eaven though it is a kind of every 2-year rebuilding. belive me or notbut when we had my friends stock blaster on a road riding next to a mercedes benz ml 55 it said he was going 58. we thought that was a little high so we all pitched in and bought a trail tech spedometer and it said 57. Im tryng to prove that blasters are awesome ive seen blasters beet 400's in drags and blasters are so light the jump beutifully.

BNlasters ROCK:D

250exmaster
04-06-2002, 06:34 PM
a nice looking blaster

04-06-2002, 06:36 PM
wit right parts, sweet bikes, stock, ehh, weak

RideRed04
04-06-2002, 06:37 PM
Man, who dragged this one out from death?