View Full Version : LA dunes

dpizz450
10-14-2003, 10:36 AM
anyone ever been to LA dunes in alexandria Louisiana? great place to ride.....

Bama250R
10-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Been there many times, ever since it opened! I think it is a great place to drag, hang out with club buddies and spend the weekend on the sport quads. Our club, South Louisiana Trailblazers, makes frequent trips there!

Bama 250R

bayou boy
10-30-2003, 07:19 PM
We made a trip to LA dunes 3 weeks ago and camped the weekend. I had a blast... met alot of really cool people from all over the state, saw some good drags, and basicly rode our @$$es off. I enjoyed the night rides but you have to be off the dunes by 10:30. I cant wait to go back... Hey bama...your club is doing a great job with the spillway. We ride there about 2 times a month. Love the trails there. we were there 2 weeks ago I saw they had finished the kids mx track. I hear they are going to build an adult one too. keep up the good work...

pipeline
11-10-2003, 08:12 PM
I just so happen to live about 10 minutes from the LA dunes. It is a great place. They changed owners though and it is alot more rules to follow.:(

dpizz450
01-20-2004, 06:47 PM
yea true pipeline but they didnt really change the owners its the owners grandkid

fasterblaster09
06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
its not Mr. Barney anymore?

Kraw
06-19-2005, 06:24 PM
for those that are in South East La. area, there's a new place called Sand Hill that just opened in MS. It's off the beaten trail near Poplarville. Pretty cool. Some of us have ridden there before, but the owners really opened the place up. About 250 acres:

SAND HILL BRANCH
Gates open 9:00 AM every Sat. & Sun.
NO SWIMMING!!!

*HELMETS REQUIRED*

NO GLASS CONTAINERS
John Diamond 601-928-8776
Brad Haas 601-795-2747

$20.00 Ride All Day
250+ Acres

we were riding this weekend and the owner was asking how he should set up some drag lanes etc. He's got the room and has a christmas tree and timing equipment on the way. He said he wants to have serious drag races for some big $$$$$

awesome place. Some of the guys say it's better then LA Dunes, but I've never been there so I can't compare the two

http://www.forgotton.net/sandmenu.html

check out the "Mississippi dunes" photos

Tommy
06-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey Kraw how did the riding at the dunes go my name on the trailblazer forum is kfxrider.

Kraw
06-20-2005, 09:21 PM
good times! It was just the 3 of us from the club forums. No one else showed up. Timmyp was there and brought some friends, but they all had ut's

Looking forward to going back... you should go next time :)

tsssdsss
06-23-2005, 05:19 PM
i wanna go

bayou boy
06-29-2005, 05:54 PM
whats up Kraw...this is timmy. i see u made it over this way..I agree sand hill is way better riding than LA dunes. smoother sand better drag areas. better hill climbs and some pretty cool jumps and challenging terrain. and the owner is open to sugestions....unlike Barney. the best part is it is alot closer to home. Kraw we need to hit it again soon

Kraw
06-30-2005, 12:27 PM
yes, yes we do! I think maybe I can get Justin to go next time :)

I doubt I'll be going again soon. I have a few weddings and 3 trips between now and Sept :(

Wanna get my pipe and some paddles.

Oh, and I need to get my Jeep fixed so I can drag the trailer, since Daryl is leaving tomorrow

bayou boy
06-30-2005, 04:52 PM
I know what u mean about needing paddles. but they are coming soon.:D Hopefully next trip alot more people will show up. I think once word gets out about sand hill it will get alot of use. I wanted to go back this sunday but it looks like the spillway is where we are heading.

BIGCRIP28
07-01-2005, 06:28 AM
wheres sand hill located?

bayou boy
07-03-2005, 09:52 AM
it is in perkinston mississippi....when u get to slidell take I 59 north till you get to poplarville exit. its about 50 miles. when u take that exit go right about 10 miles to magnolia rd. they have a sign right before the rd that says entering stone county. go right on that road for about 8 miles, the road ends go left for about 1 mile...you will see wire road turn on there it is about a mlie on the left. if you go let me know I have been wanting to go back:D