PDA

View Full Version : no school for me for a while- teacher strike

Juggalo
10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
i know its kind of a sad thing but i can't complain about a free vacation. since i'm a senior i'm not gonna have to make up the time we are missing now. its the first day of the strike and its pouring outside and its colder that a witches tit slidin down an icy hill with a brass bra on. poor teachers.

dpizz450
10-14-2003, 10:17 AM
lucky SOB

300EXrider02
10-14-2003, 01:07 PM
you are lucky, damn:mad:

sucks for the teachers:D

blondie69
10-14-2003, 02:29 PM
damn your lucky:eek: wish i could miss a bunch of school...missed a week...and i was jus gettin used to stayin up until 4am every night...ah..get used to the vacation while it lasts:cool:

stace609
10-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
damn your lucky:eek: wish i could miss a bunch of school...missed a week...and i was jus gettin used to stayin up until 4am every night...ah..get used to the vacation while it lasts:cool:
4 am?:eek2: geez girl u a damn owl? i'm in bed by like 10. lol.

Bretmd94
10-14-2003, 03:43 PM
that sucks, i guess. Teachers always get screwed. They dont get paid enough to babysit all day. I know, i was a pain in the *** through school.

4wheelboy
10-14-2003, 05:08 PM
yea thats cool.:devil: we had a lil vacation yesterday. all the other schools around here had teecher in service so they were off, since i go to a trade school we get the towns high school bus. well we waited for 50 minutes for it to come but never did. so me an 2 of my friends were like screw this we walked to wendys then some girls house and woke her up at like 8 and watched a movie

Chino
10-14-2003, 05:09 PM
I wish i was still in school. Winter is coming up and snow days will be plentiful. Oh well maybe they'll cancel work :eek:

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Chino
I wish i was still in school. Winter is coming up and snow days will be plentiful. Oh well maybe they'll cancel work :eek:

HAHA don't count on it.:blah:

Chino
10-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
HAHA don't count on it.:blah:

Your next on the gropenatiors list :devil: :cuss: :cuss:

dirtmomma
10-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Speaking of teacher strikes my son has been out of school for 43 days because of a teacher strike:mad: :mad: which sucks cuz he wont' have a summer vacation, heck now they're talking abuot striking till JAN:eek2: :eek2: Thinking about transfering him to a different district but now he's gonna be WAY behind!!! Thats all I have to say about the deal cuz I'm sure there are teachers on here & I don't want to "step on any toes";)

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Chino
Your next on the gropenatiors list :devil: :cuss: :cuss:

:rolleyes:

Woodsrider
10-14-2003, 08:16 PM
I don't want to "step on any toes Step away girl who cares whos toes you step on. the friggin teachers and the school board need to get with the program and get this chit straightened out.
Locke is as much to blame as the school district. And he is now threatening to take "drastic measures" Ha! LMAO whats he gonna do, assemble a board to study it like he has our traffic issues? Then raise the taxes to cover the study? Meanwhile the teachers are still out on strike and the seniors who are under contract to leave for the armed forces after graduation are now panicing trying to figure out how they are going to deal with the reprocutions of this B.S. strike that they and the rest of the students are caught in the middle of.

I think the teachers union would settle if the school district didn't want to stop paying them the portion of their pay that the state doesn't cover :eek: I think when it is all over there needs to be a complete reconstruction of the school board, from the Super. on down. You parents need to start putting pressure on them to settle this.

I guess I'll get off my soapbox now, sorry for the rant:o

hessianmx111
10-14-2003, 08:25 PM
ive been off school for last week and this week for fall break and damn im gonna hate goin back but i start welding so that shoud be cool

10-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i know its kind of a sad thing but i can't complain about a free vacation. since i'm a senior i'm not gonna have to make up the time we are missing now. its the first day of the strike and its pouring outside and its colder that a witches tit slidin down an icy hill with a brass bra on. poor teachers.

man that turned me on

JTRtrx250r
10-14-2003, 11:59 PM
man...that never happened while I was in school:confused: :grr: barely got any snow days off ...maybe 4 in all my school yrs:(

dirtmomma
10-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Step away girl who cares whos toes you step on. the friggin teachers and the school board need to get with the program and get this chit straightened out.
Locke is as much to blame as the school district. And he is now threatening to take "drastic measures" Ha! LMAO whats he gonna do, assemble a board to study it like he has our traffic issues? Then raise the taxes to cover the study? Meanwhile the teachers are still out on strike and the seniors who are under contract to leave for the armed forces after graduation are now panicing trying to figure out how they are going to deal with the reprocutions of this B.S. strike that they and the rest of the students are caught in the middle of.

I think the teachers union would settle if the school district didn't want to stop paying them the portion of their pay that the state doesn't cover :eek: I think when it is all over there needs to be a complete reconstruction of the school board, from the Super. on down. You parents need to start putting pressure on them to settle this.

I guess I'll get off my soapbox now, sorry for the rant:o

WHOO HOO GO MIKEY GO MIKEY LMFAO!!!!! Well I guess I won't be stepping on any toes now:eek: You can rant all you want hehehe. Yeah it is a bunch of BS, I drive by the schools w/them out there picketing & what REALLY pisses me off is they are ******ing about more $$ but yet they ALL drive BRAND NEW high end cars:huh I can understand thier cncern about having pay taken away but WHY DID THEY GET INTO THE PROFFESION IN THE FIRST PLACE?????? I'm sure it WASN'T for the money, they always say they picked teaching FOR THE KIDS well this sure as the heck ain't helping the kids any!!!!
I suppose we'll have to hire a tutor to get DJ caught up so he doesn't just get lost. This really cuts into Pappy's challenge:confused: :( :(

CowsBitePeople
10-15-2003, 04:19 PM
waaaaaaaatt teacher strike no fair!