PDA

View Full Version : Roll Design Foot pegs

Holty
02-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Does anybody use the Roll Design foot pegs with the kick up feature. I was wondering if they are worth all the money they cost? $240

I don't want to run nerf bars, but I would like a little extra protection.

Also, will they work with the stock foot gaurds on the 400ex? thanks

"Roll Design Monster Pegs offer a greatly enlarged platform from which to operate. This makes them ideal for cross country riding as well as sand riding as an excellent 'foot saver.' This footpeg will keep kicking ALL obstacles ot of your way, allowing you to have fun or concentrate on the course. A patented three rung platform provides twice the width of any OEM or aftermarket peg. It features a lowered rear rung for additional ease of foot rotation for effortless shifting, braking, and stability while positioned towards the rear of the ATV in an aggressive attack position. The exclusive tooth design of the footpeg allows for maximum traction while not allowing mud or debris to cling to the surface. The kick-up feature allows for unmatched safety in keeping feet on the pegs and is one of the best additions for improved cornering, control, and handling. The kick-up allows the transfer of weight safely, and aggressively improves steering and maneuverability."

004exkid
02-05-2002, 02:24 PM
I have a set of derisi peg extenders. They arent as trick as the rolls but work very nice. They make the peg a little wider and have grip on the edge aslo. If you have they money the rolls are sure purdy.

Scott
02-05-2002, 02:36 PM
You can get something identical to the Rol Design pegs for about half the money. They're laser cut, polished, the only thing I can't remember is if they're stainless steel or aluminum. I was thinking they were 304 stainless. Pro Fab has them now, and Nacs and a couple others should have them pretty quick if they don't already. They're from B&M Racing. Don't quote me, but I thought I saw them for $130.

NJ300ex
02-05-2002, 03:11 PM
004exkid, can you use the stock heel guards with the dirisi extenders?

James70214
02-05-2002, 05:43 PM
If you want a real foot saver you can get anothe set of stock footpegs on ebay for like 15. Cut offthe little tab and weld it on your existing footpeg. That is what I am going to do.

004exkid
02-05-2002, 06:49 PM
nj300ex- You should be able to use the stock heel guards with the derisi's. I think all you would need to do is drill the 2 heel guard mounting holes through the extenders once they are welded on.

Chef
02-05-2002, 07:42 PM
instead of fork over that much cash, you could just get a set of ac racing pro peg nerf bars, the pegs aren't that much smaller and they look just as good. They even a bit of a kickup at the end..

Holty
02-05-2002, 08:43 PM
thanks for the replies.....

so no one has the roll design pegs and no one knows for sure if they can be used with the stock heel guards?

JOEX
02-05-2002, 09:30 PM
They look nice but I don't think they are worth anywhere near $240 as far as functionality goes. If you want just the kick-ups, (peg extenders) they run about $12. I'm going to try to make my own peg extenders and make them wider using spacers.

no one knows for sure if they can be used with the stock heel guards?
I don't know if they will bolt right up, but anything can be modified;)

Joe

Juggalo
02-05-2002, 09:40 PM
hot440ex- do you have pro pegs with a kick up!? cuz my pro pegs don't have em and if there are pro peg nerfs out there with a kick up i'm gonna feel kinda ripped off. i don't really see a need for a kick up when you have nerfs tho.

400MXer
02-05-2002, 09:48 PM
MOOCAZEN
He has the IMS/Roll footpegs. PM him and ask him about them. One thing i like about them is that they are twice as wide...i really wish my pro pegs were that wide!

Chef
02-05-2002, 10:05 PM
The end of my pegs go up probably like three-quarters of an inch on the ends...might not count for a kick up, but they do go up!

Nausty
02-05-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
hot440ex- do you have pro pegs with a kick up!? cuz my pro pegs don't have em and if there are pro peg nerfs out there with a kick up i'm gonna feel kinda ripped off. i don't really see a need for a kick up when you have nerfs tho.

You notice right when the peg stops how the steal part slopes up, I think thats what he means because when I was riding and ice was getting packed in my pegs my foot kept sliding off and it stopped my foot from going off lots of times side ways and frontwards. I would suggest just getting nerfs because you will probably have to have them anyways if you wanna race.

Scott
02-06-2002, 06:06 AM
If you just want the "kick ups" or extenders, they're a bolt on. If you want the wider pegs, or off set pegs (some are moved lower and to the rear) you either have to fab something or buy them. The only ones I know of that are making the wider and the offsets are rol-design and B&M. I'm not familiar with the dirisi pegs, or are they just extensions?

And I agree, I've said before that I thought $250 for a set of footpegs was insane.

Holty
02-06-2002, 07:13 AM
thanks for the help guys........

I don't care about the money really.......I just wanted to hear someone's opinion that has used them. I still don't know if I even want a new set of foot pegs yet, but I know I don't want nerfs. I'm not looking for the "offset pegs" either. I just wanted something that was wider, had the kick up, and looked good, and these are the only ones I have found.

MOOCAZEN
02-06-2002, 08:43 AM
I GOT SOME , THEY ROCK AND ARE SOLID.THE FIRST VERSION HAD 3 LINES WITH TEETH, BUT PEOPLE WERE HURTING THEMSELVE WITH THE LAST OR REAR ROW, SO THEY TOOK OFF THE TEETH OFF THAT ONE. THEY WORK AWESOME FEEL GREAT.I DO ALOT OF JUMPING AND I FEEL REALLY SECURE ON THOSE THINGS.YOU CAN USE THE REAR PLASTICS BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO MODIFICATIONS.YOU CAN ALSO RUN STANDARD NERFS, USE THE AC, BUT YOU HAVE TO DO A LITTLE GRINDING, WHAT LOOKS COOL IS RUNNING THE AC CAUSE THEY ARE SMALL AND USE THOSE HUGE PEGS, LOOKS SWEET. THE THING WITH NERFS IS IF YOUR GOING TO RACE THEY WORK REAL GOOD SO YOU WONT BIND UP WITH ANOTHER BIKE OR GET STUCK, BUT APART FORM THAT MY PEGS HAVE WORKED AWESOME.

02-06-2002, 09:18 AM
I saw a set of these at a local shop recently. They are HUGE. If/when I replace the stock pegs, this is the way I would go, but there are other areas that $240 would serve me better on my ride for now. I'll put 'em down on the future wants list.

Holty
02-06-2002, 11:36 AM
I won't be doing any racing at all. I just ride woods and local/homemade MX tracks.

MOOCAZEN,

Do you have any pics of them on your bike? Also, when mounted are they they same as stock pegs as far as height and placement?
thanks

02-06-2002, 11:40 AM
$240 for foot pegs??? I'm not even gonna start on the roll design thing again...:rolleyes:

You know Doug Roll could at least sell a tube of grease or vaseline with his products..:eek:

MOOCAZEN
02-06-2002, 01:53 PM
I'll try to get pics of my bike soon i just dont have a way of putting them on the web, they are placed same as stock but you feel way more concerned.

BTW, Rico, not to start flaming, i think if this topic is abt footpegs, if you don't have any insightful info in regards to the product, dont say anything:D I never post abt someone spending more than 1000 on shocks, or 900 bux for a-arms. Its each persons own perogative.

As for the vaseline, he started shipping it with his stuff:D

Holty
02-06-2002, 02:32 PM
if you get pics, please let me know. I would really like to check em out before I fork out that much cash.

BTW,

If you take your photos to get developed you can get them put on a CD for a little extra money. It's kinda a pain, but it works for people who don't have a scanner or digital camera. I"m lucky that I have a scanner, but it sucks, so i'll be getting a digital camera soon.

Winged Warrior
05-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Got mine from Rocky mtn 105 i think but now I want the matching heel guards!

Nausty
05-08-2004, 10:40 PM
my advice would be to get some nerfs that bolt up to the stock pegs and just weld two sets of stock pegs together.

I think you have to have nerf bars to race anyways and the two sets of pegs works great for me.

Vtr_Racing
05-08-2004, 10:58 PM
We use them in desert racing on our 250r. They are nice. I never thought that footpegs made that much of a difference but a nice set of foot pegs is a good investment compared to stock.

Chanman420q
05-09-2004, 09:22 AM
i have them and i didnt pay 240 for them. i got mine brandnew from some store off ebay. ill see if i can find it. i paid 165 shipped for mine. if anyones interested i can find the guys ebay account name

The price is a bit outragous. But roll is a very quality product. i had no doughts i wasnt getting what i was paying for. and after riding with them i dont think ill ever own a quad without them. there wider and longer then stock pegs, the teeth are actually sharp, not like the rounded off stock pegs. or the AC teeth that wear down after 3 or 4 rides. The quality is amazing, ive got about 20+ rides on these pegs and the paint off the teeth is still there. My only complaint is, i got a little rust on the backs of them. but took it off with an SOS pad. The only other option id consider other than the roll pegs is the gibson/x-factor propegs, but even then i dont think the pegs are nearly as aggressive as the roll ones.

Lethalhonda2
05-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I have them on both my 250r and 400ex. They are nice, but a little pricey for something to stand on.During races especially if its wet my feet stay put instead of sliding off like the stockers Every time I go through the woods I hope a rock or tree stump wont hit one and bend the peg,I think the frame would break first though!
Well made product just pricey..

zephead400ex
05-09-2004, 12:32 PM
From James Lucky you can buy peg extenders that bolt up to the stock peg. It doesn't look the best but you could make it look alright. Not a bad idea for only $13.

http://www.jlatvproducts.com/catalog/index.htm

TCracin440ex
05-09-2004, 02:10 PM
here is my insight on nerfs or no nerfs.....i know nerfs have saved my ankles plenty of times from getting sucked under the quad...i dont care how or how good rolls products are their pegs aint gonna help you if your foot falls off the peg...regardless....240 dollars for JUST PEG ALONE is bs.....and if you want to add on nerfs thats another 149.95...id get AC pro pegs for 200 bucks just as good as the roll pegs, and they have the nerf built in...i wouldnt recomend anyone ridding without nerfs....they are hard to get used to at first...but after that they are great

so you do the math 389 dollars for pegs/nerfs

or 200.00 for AC pro peg nerfs....

DantheEXman
05-09-2004, 02:13 PM
I have the roll kick ups, I love them.

I picked mine up for less than 200 dollars.

IMO, It was well worth it, I dont know how I rode without them. The kickups are the greatest things ever.

cletusEX
05-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I know a couple guys that I race with that have them and swear by them. I have ridden my brothers bike with them on and it does make a huge difference. I have kickups bolted on to my stock pegs and the roll pegs are a lot better. Your feet do not move on these pegs. I'm scrounging up some money for them as we speak. They are a little expensive, but what aftermarket part isn't overpriced.

Chanman420q
05-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
here is my insight on nerfs or no nerfs.....i know nerfs have saved my ankles plenty of times from getting sucked under the quad...i dont care how or how good rolls products are their pegs aint gonna help you if your foot falls off the peg...regardless....240 dollars for JUST PEG ALONE is bs.....and if you want to add on nerfs thats another 149.95...id get AC pro pegs for 200 bucks just as good as the roll pegs, and they have the nerf built in...i wouldnt recomend anyone ridding without nerfs....they are hard to get used to at first...but after that they are great

so you do the math 389 dollars for pegs/nerfs

or 200.00 for AC pro peg nerfs....

dont forget to factor in rebuying the ac nerf bars because the pegs wear down after 8 or 9 rides and are basicly a wider stock peg. soooo 400+ because obviously if the first pair did it the second will. so u can tuff out the extra 189 dollars now and save ur *** later. cuz in the long run its a lot cheaper.

TCracin440ex
05-09-2004, 09:56 PM
um no all u got to have is the right kind of tools and the know how and sharpen them yourself....you dont go buy a new set of lawnmower blades every time they get dull do you...i kno i dont....we take them off and sharpen them with the bench grider...all you need is a file and file them back to a point...

jjthekj
05-09-2004, 10:19 PM
I've heard that the stock 450R pegs bolt onto the 400EX. They are much larger than the EX pegs and probably don't cost $240. They should also be easier to match up to stock mud gaurds, or nerfs. For $240 I'll make my own. Hey! If I do, does anyone want to buy a set for $239.95. Heck, I'll even ship 'em for free!

EXDuner
05-09-2004, 10:37 PM
I've got em on my 400EX and I love them! I really seem to have more confidence when jumping and the cornering is awesome because you just put your foot on the kick up part and shove and the back end just whips right around! I watched on Ebay for over two years for some and when an auction ended without the reserve price met I emailed the guy and offered $135 shipped and he took it. As a bonus they were powdercoated silvervein like my frame. COOL!!:D

pairanutz
05-10-2004, 02:45 AM
i run them also and love them-but didnt pay near that -got them off a member here-as far as i can tell they are in the same location as stock just wider and alot more grip-feet dont slide on them at all -but they tear up the bottoms off your boots
it looks to me that it would take alot off mods to make stock heel gaurds fit-good luck doing it -post picks when done

pairanutz
05-10-2004, 02:47 AM
not the best pics

pairanutz
05-10-2004, 02:49 AM
realy help out when its wet or muddy

jjthekj
05-10-2004, 09:59 AM
The stock foot pegs for the 450R cost about $25 per. I just ordered a set from my local dealer and paid under $50 for the set. They're longer, wider, and look pretty beefy sitting next to stock EX pegs. The bonus? They'll be there tomorrow!

Chanman420q
05-10-2004, 04:11 PM
the people who havent tried them are ignorant, and the people who have em love em, so go figure

tore up
05-11-2004, 11:51 AM
This is the end all be all for the peg story!!! Check these out

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=7686&

We make these and sell these. weare in the process of fabing hem to fit the AC standard nerfs. They are a bit longer than the Roll',made for running without the nerfs in desert racing but we are in the process of converting them to MX style. The dimensions for the Roll Design pegs are (approx./ without mounting plate) 6-3/4" long by 2-1/2" wide by 2-3/4" tall. The pegs that we manufacture are 8-3/4" long by 2-3/8 wide by 2-3/4" tall. Trust me you will see a huge difference in the way you feel and handle the bike no matter what peg you decide to go with.

k2-dawg
05-11-2004, 01:16 PM
I love my Roll Design w/kick up foot pegs!!!

I bought mine off eBay for $199.

remlapr
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Do the ones with kick ups for a 400ex have teeth on all three rows? I have seen pics where they only had teeth on the front two rows :confused: , but it those pics it looks like all three.

EXDuner
05-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Mine for my 400EX have teeth on the front two rows. Same goes for the ones I just installed on my Z400.

JOEX
05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
I never thought i'd but a set but I came across a deal I couldn't refuse:o They were still alot of money, haven't rode on them yet but I can see they are a nice addition;) Just gotta figure a way to mount the nerfs.

All three rows have teeth on mine.

jjthekj
05-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Yup. My 450R stock pegs came in, next day. Well, I doubt anyone will confuse them for Roll pegs. They look like kids painted them in 2nd grade art class. I'll try them out before I judge them too harshly. They'd look great chromed, maybe some kick ups.... How much were those roll design pegs? Seriously, I'm downsizing. I've got a set of (I think) DG nerfs with HUGE footpegs with a BIG kick up at the end. Anyone need a GIANT set of pro peg nerfs with red webbing?