PDA

View Full Version : Crazy off-the-wall idea

quadman21
10-14-2003, 07:51 AM
I started thinking about all the positive posts in the Chad Duvall thread. Everyone was so supportive of him including me that it occured that Chad would never have any trouble getting to a race because most of us would give him the shirt off our backs to get him there. This is when I had a crazy arse thought. Right now reality TV is the buzz. I really I'm getting tired of them myself, but so many people still like them. So my idea was an EXRiders reality racer? It may sound silly but what if we took an average A or B rider and all of us either donate items or $$ to get him/her to race all the GNCCs (or the minimum) next year and see how he/she does? It could be free advertisements for whomever helped the rider out. Then he or she could report their experience when they got back? It may be far fetched but again it was only a crazy thought. Of course the rider would have to be a member and would go through some sort of selection process.

Smokey
10-14-2003, 09:00 AM
I like your idea , but I think it would hard to make it work . I think you would have to have someone manage who ever you would pick . That doesnt sound good does it ?? I think you know what I mean though. There are alot of dishonest people out there and you would really have to find the right person or you could be taken advantage of very easily ....

300exOH
10-14-2003, 09:10 AM
what about someone who's already an experienced and accomplished rider to manage the newbie? I think quadman21 has a good idea.

10-14-2003, 09:20 AM
Monkeyboy qualifies for this position I think...:huh But we'll need to get him a new ride,,this tecate ain't gonna cut it..:eek2:

bradley300
10-14-2003, 09:28 AM
i like the idea, one rider might get a little boring though, why not use a whole team? i think that would help keep things interesting

quadman21
10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
It would be tough to monitor and manage. It was just a fun idea. BUT, what ever happened to the exriders project 400EX? Who ever had started that idea would be a good starting point. You would have the quad built by exrider members for an exrider member to ride? On another thought, instead of just one rider being supported entirely by us, we could have a supportred rider for each race. For instance; we could either vote, raffle, or pick out of a hat the rider who the exmembers help to go race. Helping/supporting could include a number of different things. Donation of parts by vendors for free plugs, Donation of $$ for travel expenses, or anything else we can think of.

Or we can just take monkeyboy's tecate and have Pappy slap a PC job on it and swear it's the new kawie and ride it :ermm:

Smokey
10-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Why dont someone look at the resualts and find a rider that has had consistant finishes in a class (mid pack or so) . Then talk to local shops and others in teh industry pluss everyone on here to see what kind of help could be given to such a rider ...Could be a way to start someones career .

lshonda310
10-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I like the ideas, but I would have a hard time giving any $$, I barely make it to the race, and if I have a quad with me would be something!!

toby400ex
10-14-2003, 08:30 PM
How bout me, i need free chit and support. Oh yeah, a ride to all the races too.:p

NTPRacing#19
10-15-2003, 05:47 PM
good thinkin, that would be my favorite show

bradley300
10-16-2003, 08:55 AM
i'll volunteer! i'll be the star of this tv show!

Derno24
10-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Since we are talking crazy why doesn't someone pick up a phone and talk to a network (MTV or ESPN) come to mind. If you could possibly get them interested in this then you would have more of a spring board for advertisers. As an advertiser you would know your product would be on the air and such so more money would be given. This way no site member would have to put a dime out of their pocket.

The reason for using a big network and not just a show would be for the countless dollars they spend on test runs of shows and such.

bradley300
10-16-2003, 10:25 AM
i would call espn way before mtv. speedvision would also be a good choice and a eisier sell, since they are running the gncc schedule now

Derno24
10-16-2003, 11:29 AM
Only reason I mentioned MTV is because they like extreme sports and younger viewers. If our rider was say 18-21 they would probably jump at it. In case you are wondering I am not 18-21. Speedvision may not touch it because i am sure they would be more interested in a name racer (Borich or Ballance).

400exracer
10-18-2003, 10:00 AM
i think its a good idea

rowlrag
10-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Monkeyboy qualifies for this position I think...:huh But we'll need to get him a new ride,,this tecate ain't gonna cut it..:eek2:
Add 1 more wheel:huh