PDA

View Full Version : 2004 GNCC Pro Class

DeCesare79
10-14-2003, 07:46 AM
Chad Duvall, Santo Derisi, and any other pros that read, Do you guys know what the rules are for Pro Class next Year?

ZRacer
10-14-2003, 08:12 AM
I am not a Pro, but I do know several. From what I heard, there will be a meeting Friday night to discuss the future of the Pro Class rules for next year.

Racer Production would like to see everyone on a production quad for next year, but I know that this isn't flying well with many of the racers and aftermarket companies.

I will be highly disappointed in Racer Productions if they force the Pro riders to race a Production quad next year for several reasons.

1st. There are several Pro riders that have alot of money invested in their two stroke aftermarket framed quads, and they can't be expected to switch to whole new setup in only 3 months because there is alot involved.
-Money
-Testing of different setups
-Familiarizing themselves with then engine characteristics of a 4stroke
-Seat Time, very difficult in the Winter.

2nd. Racer Productions made the 250A class the top amatuer class for 2003. Now, several of the 250A riders are ready to turn pro on the Quads that now shouldn't be eligible for next year? I think that is just wrong.

3rd. Why should the racers jump out and support the manufacturers new models when they won't do jack for them in return. Instead, they rather pay a guy on a motorcycle $5,000+ for a win and give them free bikes with the profits they earn from the Quad racers.

If Racer Productions thinks that forcing racers to run a 4stroke is the way to get more manufacturer involvement then that is great, but there should be transition year. This will give the racers a chance to sell their 2 stroke quads and build new 4stroke quads. They also will get enough time to prepared to race them in 2005.

I guess everyone will have to wait till Friday to find out what is up!

jlhughes750
10-14-2003, 11:41 AM
good situation example: EXAMPLE:next year there running Open Pro only, and say 5 guys are on R's the rest on thumpers. Borich is winning on his R and Duvall is getting second on the thumper. Duvall is getting $1000 a race from Yami to get in the top 5 overall plus finish money. Borich is on the ole R with no support and only get 800-1000 for a win, with no money from a factory!!!!! After a year like that Borich might wanna get involved with a factory payroll instaed of the ole R racer. because at the end Duvall will have made more money over the year then Borich with less wins!!! my point.... phase it out, don't kill em.. if they wait and the factorys get involved slowly on there own it'll be better. do not force them into it, or us for that matter. I for one do not really like the dictatorship over ar Racer Pro anyhow. This just boils me up how they are changing things. Theres no way they can outlaw the R in the Pro class if they do it will be the straw for me!!!!! first they dictate who can and can't run Pro which is good but they screewed a lot of guys last year. #25 could not run Pro but some guy who has not run a quad for 10 years and used to race in the 80's, he was aloud cause he knew someone?????? BULL that fires me up.. then theres another guy who's buddys with the top guys and knows the family so he was aloud too. RRRRRRRRR:mad: oh well i suck anyway so what do i care..... this is why i love the PA State Harescramble series in District 6...... no BS and close to home!

DeCesare79
10-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Another reason I bring this up is according to a few Honda Dealerships. Every dealer will be getting two 450s in December, and then only ONE each following month until the demand is done. Now, factor in the fact that we have a race in January now. The only bikes that will be ready are all Yamaha's and a few Honda's. That is what I dont think is fair. If they want to change it to only Pro Production, I think they need to make a year advance notice.

Pappy
10-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ZRacer

3rd. Why should the racers jump out and support the manufacturers new models when they won't do jack for them in return. Instead, they rather pay a guy on a motorcycle $5,000+ for a win and give them free bikes with the profits they earn from the Quad racers.

thats #1 in my book

jlhughes750
10-14-2003, 12:43 PM
i agree with Harlens #3 as being #1 with Pappy an I.:huh

i wish i had one of them "i'm with stupid" things^^^ i would change the stupid for Pappy!!hahaha

ex kid
10-14-2003, 07:14 PM
everybody always said run what ya brung. its kinda like this. suppose your 20 and your running 250B but this is in 1995. suppose right now in 2003 you have made it to the pro class and are just outside the top 10. (you race a 250R) since 1995 you've spent thousands of dollars on 250R's and 250R parts and you can pretty much build a bike with what you have laying in your shed. so racer productions and their bullshi* are gonna tell the guy that is racing out of his pocket witha few sponsers and swares by the 250R that he cant race the bike that since 1986 NOTHING HAS BEEN ABLE TO BEAT UNTIL NOW. someone said it in another post but i think it was like two nationals ago was the first time their wasnt an R on the podium. what im saying is if your as fast as Bill Ballence and you like to race a 250R instead of a YFZ or a Z then why cant you? you see Tim Ferry racing with Ricky Carmichael and Barry Hawk racing Mike Lafferty. what gives?

Johnny_G
10-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Folks I agree with almost all of what has been said in here, but there are many points of veiw that havn't been expressed yet!!

I don't really know where i stand on the issue...................It doesn't really matter to me because I am allready on a production machine, and Would never even consider going back!!

One more thing Please KNOCK OFF THE RACER PRODUCTIONS BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are barr none the best promoters in the industry......and if you think you can do better than start your own series.........PUT UP or SHUT UP :macho
I'll stand in Racer Productions corner any day!!!

ex kid
10-15-2003, 07:34 AM
johnny, they do promote the best and no one could do better, but it would be really messed up if they banned the 2 strokes from the pro class thats all im tryin to say.

jlhughes750
10-15-2003, 07:54 AM
http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/i'm%20with%20stupid.gif

edited by Rico