PDA

View Full Version : haven't been on hear lately, out at the track racing...

TC17
10-13-2003, 04:53 PM
well, i sold the 355ex and i'm using a 400ex now. next week i'm getting a pipe, cam, filter. i'm using nitropropane right now mixed 1/3 with straight gas and there's a big big difference. i rode a YFZ and if the new Honda has equal to or more power which i'm hoping it does, i'm going to fly on this thing. i'm getting it as soon as it comes out in January. i'm pushing this 400ex to the limits. i have the shocks on 5 and i'm hitting 50' doubles and they're bottoming, i got a steering stabilizer for in the whoops, ITP tires and rims. some other mods, but it's just not fast enough. the shocks suck, it's underpowered, and it doesn't corner as good as i need it to, it always get on 2 wheels and wants to rool even with my *** on the footpegs.

but i'm going to Wolfmann's MX right now and racing. i got 2nd out of 5th last weekend. yesterday was just flat out horrible. my gas line broke, i ran too lean of a jet with the nitropropane, my retarded friend put my filter on backwards, my rims were bent, left my key at home and my aunt had to drive down an hour to give it to me. i missed practice and the first moto. i was really mad cause we didn't know what to do cause it wasn't starting, there was no key, and we didn't know what was up. so finally we got it all fixed up and i got on the line for C class. everyone had a YFZ and that intimidated me with almost a bone stock 400. off the line they obviously had me. there was a guy with a 500ex stroker, i almost thought it was chad, lol. well, i was in last (8th). i passed one in on the uphill double, i dont' know why he didn't do it but it was a 55' footer, it was decently long. then on the last lap i was right behind this guy and he slowed down just perfectly timed for me to jump right over him. he dipped down the double and i'm sure he heard me on the gas cause i saw him slam his brakes on before the landing. it was a 50' double. i got a good 10 feet high on it. this time i didn't want to land on him so i overshot it a good 10 feet long just soared. so i landed somewhat smooth and went right into a 70' tabletop that i somehow cleared. it was great last weekend. i have a bunch of pics.

i'm going to get someone here to post some pics for me. 10 feet is nothing now that i'm used to it, i used to thing 5 feet was a lot of air...i'm gotten a lot better. i'm hoping when i get this Honda that i'll be out in front hopefully in B class next year. i got sponsors, Thomas Racing is paying me $2,000 for next year. i'll probably put that toward the 450R and race fees. and save the rest for pipe, and tires or something.

here are the pics...give me about 10 minutes to get them working. first time at this...

Tommy 17
10-13-2003, 05:01 PM
hows ur dad ant????:(

and congrats on racing... i hope 2 see u out there next year...

KrazyKid300ex
10-13-2003, 05:07 PM
yea, how is your dad making out?

go with the yfz man.

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 05:21 PM
WTF is nitropropane?:huh And how do you put an airfilter in backwards?:huh

TC17
10-13-2003, 05:26 PM
thanks for asking guys. he's doign awesome, he's running and ridign and everything. i have no idea, my friend is as big retard, literally. :eek:. nitropropane has a real high oxygen level for better compression and i'm also using Koolinal which helps cooling and prevents pre-ignition. i just threw toghter a photo album. i'm still adding pics. i have 2 in. check it out... http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/ yeah Tommy, i'll def be out there, i'm a HUGE honda fan, so i have to go with it man:cool:

250x#93
10-13-2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah man good luck wit all ur racin, i haven't been here much either at all, sorry to say but my addiction to this site has floated away:o I never come anymore, i really never ride anymore, but oh well i'm satisfied wit like ridin once a month:D Other than that i'm dun here at exriders:(

Blasterkid195
10-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by TC17
i have no idea, my friend is as big retard,

Yea, joey is pretty messed up. :rolleyes: I hope we get to hit wolfman's next weekend because ur parents going to new york. That will give me time to get my new chain and sprockets on :D

KrazyKid300ex
10-14-2003, 04:03 PM
I SAID... get a yfz man. lol :D :D :D i have some good pics but idk how to post them.:mad:

TC17
10-16-2003, 08:10 PM
i'm too big of a Honda fan. every quad i've ever had has been a honda, 90, 250, 300, 400, and now a 450R, i've had the lineup. and my advice is, if you have a 250 do NOT get a 300, go straight to a 400. and when you get a 400, do NOT mod it out. get a cannondale, yfz, 450R, or something fast/reliable. do NOT trust used stuff. every mod that goes on decreases it's reliablity, learned it the hard way.

anyway, i'm probably heading out to wolfmann's sunday and i'll try to get someone to post some pics. there's a 60' double i'm getting real close to clearing, i get 3/4 but i know if i pin i i'll get it. i'm getting some real nice air. i'm out...

KrazyKid300ex
10-17-2003, 04:39 AM
450R=kaka i was a honda fan until i saw the beastly yfz.