PDA

View Full Version : shifting problems a rancher es

2K400ex
10-13-2003, 11:19 AM
my buddys rancher started messing up this weekend at Hatfield Mccoy trails his rancher is an es (electric shift) and it wont **** it anymore.. i started tryin to shift but it seemed like it wasnt moving the sifter al the way to complete the shift .. any guess's is to what the problem is??? :confused:

10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
with the es's the battery has to be all the way full...thats why my mom got a rancher S :p

Chanman420q
10-13-2003, 03:23 PM
i have the RECON ES and thats not true at all. We asked the dealer about that and it runs off of an alternator. so even if the battery is completely dead, the ES still works. as long as the engine is running. We had problems with it shifting into revease and it was a wire that wasnt hooked up right. So u may have knocked a wire outa place and thats why it isnt shifting.

10-13-2003, 06:58 PM
oh..ok..my dealer told me & my mom not to get the ES because the battery always had to be full for it to work right. I guess they were just pushing them though :( I have little experience with the es's except my friends rubicons :cool:

danney f
10-14-2003, 01:30 AM
My brother-in-law has one of these. Had the same problem. first time it was just a loose wire on the under the quad on the backside of the trans. The other 4 times he had to take it to the shop and have differant thing replaced in the tranny.:eek2:
Hope you have better luck.