PDA

View Full Version : I ran my first hare scramble Sunday!

oynot400
10-13-2003, 08:27 AM
For you that don't know I sold my old friend, my ex. :( I got me a dirt bike instead, a KTM 400 EXC. I took it to a hare scramble on Sunday. Now remember I have only been riding 2 wheels for a week. I have to say that was the longest 8.5 mile track I have ever seen! I really learned alot on that track, balance and throttle control. Oh yes, arm pump! :eek: I did do better then I thought I would do. I only made 2 laps but it was worth it. I can't get over the support the spectators, track officials and other riders gave me. I wanted to quit at one point and other rider talked me into finishing. I am really glad I did.
This really gave respect for all the guys and gals that race these types of events. :)

bradley300
10-13-2003, 10:03 AM
somthing tells me your first wont be your last, good luck.

i know what you mean about spectator support, theres nothing like topping a crazy hill to hear people you dont know cheer you.

Chino
10-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Spectator Support, is awesome. I think at the time somone starts cheering and hollering for you, you go that much faster at that time. I wish i had somone beside me the whole race cheering me on. It's just feels good to have people cheer for you.

Chino

bradley300
10-14-2003, 09:30 AM
yep, spectators need to from a single file line that goes all the way around the track, i'd really be flyin then

jja125
10-14-2003, 05:59 PM
yeah but it sucks when they're standin' right there when you crash....i made somebody's videotape highlight reel at powerline park on that big hill the first lap. :cool:

Pappy
10-14-2003, 06:01 PM
good for you!!! i hope you stick with it:)

AtvMxRider
10-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
good for you!!! i hope you stick with it:)

jja125
10-14-2003, 06:34 PM
actually now that i think about it i almost hit a spectator at powerline park. i had some kind of brain fart and i came up over a little hill wide open and it was all slick clay and stuff right before one of the field sections and i got all squirelly and did like a slow motion donut around some kid that was standing right alongside the trail and while i was doing it i said "sorry bout that" and he said no problem and i just went around him and never looked back. but i did like a full donut about 6" away from him and never touched him - it was kind of cool actually. so just in case he's an exrider, i'll say it again. "sorry bout that" - it'll never happen again. :devil:

oynot400
10-15-2003, 06:29 AM
I have so many stories I can tell. I got out of the way of an AA rider on a hill. I had a little trouble getting going again. I turn around and there is a guy with a huge camera taking pictures! I know I will be on the internet somewhere. :eek2:
I laid it down a couple times on a couple different hills. I had so many riders stop to ask if I was ok, I thought that was pretty cool. :cool:
I am pretty pumped to try another one. The last one of the season is this weekend but I can't go. :( Then again I am still sore. :blah:

jja125
10-15-2003, 05:10 PM
i would be going to indiana this weekend, but i'm getting my hand x-rayed tomorrow cause i think i have a few broken parts in there from all the way back in taylortown at the begingn of september. :grr: