PDA

View Full Version : 300EX clutch

quadfamily
10-13-2003, 07:35 AM
I think my clutch is bad. It's a 300EX with I beleive a stock clutch. It's hard to get into neutral at idle from either first or second. It seems to have some resistance then it goes past neutral all of a sudden. I try to lift up on the shifter real gently but it requires a little more force than it should then it just goes right past neutral. If I rev the engine just a little it goes in real nice though just like butter. Also with the clutch all the way in when I go from neutral to first or reverse it clunks a little bit and starts rolling forward or backwards just a little. I have an adjustable clutch lever and I can adjust it all the way so that the clutch doesn't engege at all and it still clunks into gear from neutral. So is it the clutch or what?

fuddrucker
10-13-2003, 07:49 AM
I think it is normal. I have a 98 and a 96 300EX and they both do the same thing. I can get it in neutral about 2 out of 10 trys. Usually I have to just turn the engine off, then pop it in neutral.

dirtmomma
10-13-2003, 09:06 AM
YES you need a new clutch!! I have a 96 that was doing this when I first got it(used) then when you put it in gear it pretty much goes by itself?? It really sucked when I would get up on the starting line & try to putit in nuetral & couldn't get it:rolleyes: so I put a new clutch in & it doesn't do anything now:) goes into gears great!! Good luck I'd get a clutch!!

10-13-2003, 09:56 AM
my clutch lifter pin broke :(