PDA

View Full Version : Ironman, Crawfordsville Roll-Call

popo
10-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Well the 2003 season comes to a close. Finally the quads will have their day with the local population filling the pits and Polaris's zipping around on the course.

Expect "MUD" as the weather forecast has indicated rain friday night and Sat morning.
Crawdfordsville Forecast (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Crawfordsville%2C+IN)

With the returning womens championship on hand, between Traci Cecco "TLC" and Stephanie Parton. Expect to see some exciting action

The afternoon overall top 20 will be a barnburner between Johnny Gallagher and Todd Knippenberg for the #10 spot. Along with a tie between Jeff Stoess and Chris Jenks for the #14 position.

Expect to see Bryan Cook & Jeff Stoess introduce themselves on pro row.

In summary:
Rick Cecco "465Stroker" will end up finishing 3rd in class 4 stroke A.

John Rowling "rowlrag" Clinched the Jr. Class.

Adam Howell "indygncc" Swept away 4 Stoke Stock.

Lazarus Sommers "LS@Gthunder" The holeshot king.

Harlen Foley "exriders admin" He just could not sit still in one class. Altough he cleaned clock in the vet class.

And too many other fellow Exriders an outstanding job.
Rico drinks less and kicks butt in the morning class. Fred Mudd "woolin" , Ben Wrightsman "ranger400ex" Nathan Delabar "GNCCer" Chad Wallace "GNCCracer" and the list goes on.

As for me, It's been a fun season, with lots learned, tee's killed, stuck all the time and great friends to be had.

And in closing. Who will where the pink skirt?

The dreaded hill climb
http://sloanracing.com/images/DSC00765.JPG
http://sloanracing.com/images/DSC00698.JPG
http://sloanracing.com/images/DSC00699.JPG
http://sloanracing.com/images/DSC00697.JPG
http://sloanracing.com/images/DSC00686.JPG

Scott Kawi700
10-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Good luck to all! Wish we could be there.

Go get her Traci!!!!!!!!:macho

Show them pros how it's done Jeff!!!;)

spincr4hire
10-13-2003, 06:12 AM
I'll be there...

10-13-2003, 06:26 AM
I plan on being there but if weather turns to chit,,i'll be goin south to hunt bambi...:macho :blah:

400exmom
10-13-2003, 06:54 AM
i be there!!that hill doesnt look so bad...

ranger400ex
10-13-2003, 07:07 AM
Rico your a ******...get out and race you pansy!!!!

See ya all there, I will be there friday looking for some new routes. The hill is a blast...pin it and hold on, pray the front end makes it before the back end!!

Hopefully the moron in4stk A will let me stay on the ground at the holeshot this time.

:mad:

Ben

250EXstud
10-13-2003, 07:31 AM
I will be there:) Cheerin for all you guys! I am so excited I will be out therelookin for everyone and if you need me to take someone out for you guys let me know:blah: Good luck to everyone and i will try to swing by and say hey to as many people as i can.

10-13-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ranger400ex
Rico your a ******...get out and race you pansy!!!!

See ya all there, I will be there friday looking for some new routes. The hill is a blast...pin it and hold on, pray the front end makes it before the back end!!

Hopefully the moron in4stk A will let me stay on the ground at the holeshot this time.

:mad:

Ben

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/blahblah.gif

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I plan on being there but if weather turns to chit,,i'll be goin south to hunt bambi...:macho :blah:

Talk about wearing a pink skirt.

I'll be there.

Pappy
10-13-2003, 08:22 AM
congrats to everyone on a fine season. good luck to those that will finish the 2003 season at this race. it was a ton of fun at the first 7 ...maybe next year ill make all of them

spincr4hire
10-13-2003, 08:25 AM
weather channel forecast

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USIN0138?x=12&lswe=crawfordsville%2C+in&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=&y=8

they change it every 5 minutes...:rolleyes:

10-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Talk about wearing a pink skirt.

I'll be there.

I've been hunting for 24 years and riding for 8.

Sorry but hunting is my first true love, wollerin in the mud with a bunch of homo's doesn't sound like that much fun, when i could be hunting, sittin around a camp fire drinkin beer, fishin while i'm not hunting, etc, etc, etc...

Sorry but ATV's is not the only thing in my life that I enjoy doing....:blah:

Taco
10-13-2003, 08:31 AM
I've been hunting for 24 years and riding for 8.

Sorry but hunting is my first true love, wollerin in the mud with a bunch of homo's doesn't sound like that much fun, when i could be hunting, sittin around a camp fire drinkin beer, fishin while i'm not hunting, etc, etc, etc...

Sorry but ATV's is not the only thing in my life that I enjoy doing....:blah: LOOSER:blah:

Ryan
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
congrats to everyone on a fine season. good luck to those that will finish the 2003 season at this race.

Pappy
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
amen to that. hunting comes first....heck my ol' man had a heart attack at 3 am on the opening morning of rifle season 2 years ago. i called...doc said he was ok and sleeping...so in the woods i went:o when i went that night to see him i had a picture of a big 8 pointer to cheer him up. he knows what the deal is...hell he made me that way:D

i got married the weekend inbetween opening day dove season and opening day archery season....for 2 reasons.

1) so id never forget the date

2) i told my wife if she didnt pick that weekend we would have to wait till hunting season was over:devil:

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 08:40 AM
wollerin in the mud with a bunch of homo's

Is there something your not telling me about this race?:eek: Is this why someone is always wearing the pink dress so you know who is play the ****** that race?:devil:

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
What is at the top of the hill that we are not seeing? Why do they get jammed up right there?

10-13-2003, 09:11 AM
What is at the top of the hill that we are not seeing? Why do they get jammed up right there?

Nothings up there but people standing around to help. The hill slowly goes from a hill to a wall....:eek2: Your frontend tends to fill like it's full of helium as you get close to the top...:eek2: :huh :eek2:

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Nothings up there but people standing around to help. The hill slowly goes from a hill to a wall....:eek2: Your frontend tends to fill like it's full of helium as you get close to the top...:eek2: :huh :eek2:

Wanna skip the race and go hunting?:D

bradley300
10-13-2003, 09:30 AM
i'll be there to cheer on jeff and traci!

10-13-2003, 10:27 AM
Wanna skip the race and go hunting?:D

LMFAO,,,the hills not that bad,,the 800 people standing around it is....:eek:

Bradley rolled his down it a few times last year...ask him what line NOT to take....:devil:

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 10:59 AM

Bradley rolled his down it a few times last year...ask him what line NOT to take....:devil:

I know from H/M not to follow his lines. You think hanging around with u and Jeff he would have some better sense.

Braff1
10-13-2003, 11:30 AM
i'll be there. I might try to come up friday night and enjoy the wonderful weather we are having. lol

10-13-2003, 11:55 AM
This poor quad didn't make it up that hill either....:(

10-13-2003, 11:59 AM
I believe this hill is at the 3rd mile marker,,it's not near as bad as it looks in the pic..:eek2:

foxracingpredat
10-13-2003, 12:17 PM
i was there last year and made it up the hill on my scrambler..this year ill be there on my troy lee predator #321, look for me in 4-stroke novice 16-24...its gonna be my first race since i broke my wrist 9 weeks ago. so hopefully ill have a enough endurnace to finish. also is there gonna be any get together for the exriders..ill be gettign there on friday night..also does any1 know if they will be allowing pit riding this year or what time the morning race starts..i know it starts at 10 but is that easteren or central time?

cdalejef
10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Thats central time. I bet they will be strict on pit riding this year since the guy was killed last year pit riding.
We aren't have a formal party friday night but a bunch of exriders come and hang out at our trailer at all the races. Your more than welcome to stop by.

popo
10-13-2003, 01:12 PM
I know from H/M not to follow his lines. You think hanging around with u and Jeff he would have some better sense.

You could have not said it any better.

The sad part, me and peach fuzz nuts where fine, It was the guys behind us that about killed each other coming around the corner. Rico was on one wheel.

400exmom
10-13-2003, 01:21 PM
I believe this hill is at the 3rd mile marker,,it's not near as bad as it looks in the pic..:eek2: were gonna have to go up that???:huh

cdalejef
10-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
were gonna have to go up that???:huh Their teasing you!!!

popo
10-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 400exmom
were gonna have to go up that???:huh

Yes you are, you better start growing some naw naw's, cause the other side going down hill is just as bad.

10-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by popo
Rico was on one wheel.

I"m joining the carnaval and i'm practicing tricks on my fo weela for it. I meant to ride on one wheel..;) Actually I think I own the record for the longest wheelie using only 1 front wheel.. Ask ghost ryder, wyndzer, and bradley they've all seen me perform this act...:o

popo
10-13-2003, 01:53 PM
I"m joining the carnaval and i'm practicing tricks on my fo weela for it. I meant to ride on one wheel..;) Actually I think I own the record for the longest wheelie using only 1 front wheel.. Ask ghost ryder, wyndzer, and bradley they've all seen me perform this act...:o

We have seen your acts! Especially when you open the door using no hands coming from of the jiggy room. And after seeing peaches, yikes

10-13-2003, 02:02 PM
We have seen your acts! Especially when you open the door using no hands coming from of the jiggy room. And after seeing peaches, yikes

I bet your still wondering how I lifted the latch to unlock the door and turned the door knob aren't ya...:devil:

popo
10-13-2003, 02:20 PM
I bet your still wondering how I lifted the latch to unlock the door and turned the door knob aren't ya...:devil:

It's a SMALL thought! aw whooo-pish

gncc571
10-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Popo when are you getting there?We are leaving Thursday evening so we can be there when the gates open Friday morning.
Hope too see everyone there.:D

Dave400ex
10-13-2003, 03:26 PM
I will be there to cheer everybody and finally meet a lot of you guys. I plan on wearing my EXriders shirt and will have to find the Quadshop trailer.

popo
10-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
Popo when are you getting there?We are leaving Thursday evening so we can be there when the gates open Friday morning.
Hope too see everyone there.:D

Good, you can make breakfest too.

I plan on 6:00 A.M. Friday morning, hope to be the first in line and attack the mullet man while he is sleeping and cuff him to a tree.

ranger400ex
10-13-2003, 04:30 PM
I will leave about 45 minutes before I need to be there...kinda nice to have one on home turf every year....you all can come to my house and party friday..if someone can bring the beer!!:D
jk

I hopefully will be staying with the QS boys again...just keep an eye out for Ragweed...he ain't nothin but trouble.

Ben

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I will be there to cheer everybody and finally meet a lot of you guys. I plan on wearing my EXriders shirt and will have to find the Quadshop trailer.

Why aren't you going to race?

Dave400ex
10-13-2003, 06:58 PM
I want to race some more local races and get more experience before I go to a national. Plus I know I could not keep a very good pace for 2 full hours.

Taco
10-13-2003, 07:00 PM
lol and do you think doibugu2 can :D :blah:

Wingnut
10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm going to be there trying to regain the points lead and championship for my class. If anyone sees Jessie Brunton (#555) on the track, please point him the wrong way. :devil: ;)

Wingnut
10-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I want to race some more local races and get more experience before I go to a national. Plus I know I could not keep a very good pace for 2 full hours.

My second race was a GNCC. I was doing good too until I broke down. My third race was also a GNCC and I won! Come on out and give it a shot, at least you'll know what to expect next time.

gncc400exxx
10-13-2003, 08:54 PM
I'll be there. My first race of the year:( and only my 3rd time on my quad all year. But with the wife going back to school full time and having a 10 month old to take care of, plus me working 2 jobs ,it will be nice to get away for the day. and hopefully i can quit early friday and go sign up and check out the course ,and of course swing by the quad shop trailer and say hey.

look for me in the moring race in the stock class, my fifth year running in that class. I'll be on the trusty 99 400ex with the pumpkin face headlight covers ,the economy elkas on the front and hipers on all 4 corners:cool: and yell for me when i go by http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p5cc7eb3c850766a968fe3ca58ea95a65/fad4f9c7.jpg.orig.jpg

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Taco
lol and do you think doibugu2 can :D :blah:

What you trying to say, I'm not in shape?:mad:

Ha ha ha, he has never met me.

(damn, I got dialup at home, this is almost a waste)

bradley300
10-13-2003, 10:16 PM

at least i didnt wuss out and take the easy line! i only flipped 3 times, and that was on the same lap, would have been 5 if not for the spectators, one was even nice enough to put down his beer to help, must have been a helluva guy.

bradley300
10-13-2003, 10:18 PM

you should have seen me when i first started riding with jeff, i've gotten better than i thought possible

foxracingpredat
10-13-2003, 10:20 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on 6:00 A.M. Friday morning, hope to be the first in line and attack the mullet man while he is sleeping and cuff him to a tree.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have a breakfast there before the race??what do they got

popo
10-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by foxracingpredat
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on 6:00 A.M. Friday morning, hope to be the first in line and attack the mullet man while he is sleeping and cuff him to a tree.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

they have a breakfast there before the race??what do they got

White Castles and beer tinies.

atvchik
10-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Good luck to everyone racing the Ironman!

TLC & Jeff, kick some atv azzz out there!
Someone better take lot's of pic's since I'm missing all the action ;)

Popo, you'd be winning something if you ate whitecastles for breakfast and it wouldn't be the race :eek2:

Thanks for hooking me up with parts before Windrock, Jeff.
Got the package this morning.

Tab~

10-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Weather is lookin better.. Woo hoooooo

How far is the jiggly room from the track?????:o

Braff1
10-14-2003, 01:18 PM
I watched the weather station.com radar almost all night at work last night. the storm seem to move through pretty quick. Right now 30% chance scattered storms friday.... Anyone from that area of the hood give us a live update?

bigb426ex
10-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey Popo,
The 2nd picture you posted is off me going up one of the hills, green helmet and goggles and red 400ex. I was just browsing through the pages and saw it. THAT MADE MY DAY. That was also my first GNCC and it was awesome. Thanks for making my day again. Now I can show all my friends what we go up sometimes:D

markeg192
10-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Hopefully I'll be there bringing up the rear. Someone has to be last right!

popo
10-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by bigb426ex
Hey Popo,
The 2nd picture you posted is off me going up one of the hills, green helmet and goggles and red 400ex. I was just browsing through the pages and saw it. THAT MADE MY DAY. That was also my first GNCC and it was awesome. Thanks for making my day again. Now I can show all my friends what we go up sometimes:D

bigb426ex,

Actually you can thank Jason Sloan. I found the pics from his website.

Sloan Racing (http://www.sloanracing.com)

Admin
10-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Popo, you are the biggest picture thief on the Net. I don't think you even take your own pictures:D

popo
10-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Popo, you are the biggest picture thief on the Net. I don't think you even take your own pictures:D

I am too dahm short to take pictures, All I get is butt shots, & why take them, when I can steal yours.

At least I give credit from whom I steal them from.

660bigdaddy
10-15-2003, 02:38 PM
come on zracer, open up the picture posting tool for us. please?:(
i really miss that .
btw, yfzcentral has it... why can't we?

Doibugu2
10-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
come on zracer, open up the picture posting tool for us. please?:(
i really miss that .
btw, yfzcentral has it... why can't we?

cause they have 4 members we have 12000

foxracingpredat
10-15-2003, 07:12 PM
does any1 have any suggestions of what to set tire pressure to for the ironman?what do u guys usually use for gncc's?also if it is muddy am i going to want to lower the preesure or higher it?thanks

Wingnut
10-15-2003, 07:58 PM
I use about the same pressure regardless of mud. It is a trade off really, more pressure will give you a little more ground clearance and less pressure gives a little more traction. You kind of have to judge at the last minute if the track is going to be slippery or get rutted. Usually if it just rains the day before it will be slippery, but if it rains for several days before the race and has a chance to soak in the ground then it will get rutted. If it is about like last year (not really muddy but still wet) I will use a little more air. The creek banks will get rutted regardless of rain and the fields will be very fast so I think a higher pressure will work best.

cdalejef
10-16-2003, 07:23 AM
5 psi if you have 6 ply tires.

400exmom
10-16-2003, 07:28 AM
what is that grease crap i need to put on my electrical wires?? and what can i do to my quad so the creek crossing before the hill doesnt make my quad choke and sputter?

cdalejef
10-16-2003, 07:52 AM
Its called dielectric grease, you can find it at most auto parts stores.
Put it on all electrical connections. If you have holes in your airbox, put duct tape over them and seal it up! Also make sure you have the stock snorkle on too!

Doibugu2
10-16-2003, 08:22 AM
Anybody got a spare bed for me to sleep in? I'm don't think I can get very comfortable in my civic at midnight when I plan on getting there.:(

10-16-2003, 08:51 AM
Anybody got a spare bed for me to sleep in? I'm don't think I can get very comfortable in my civic at midnight when I plan on getting there.:(

YOU'll have a heck of a time finding anybody at that hour and with it being the largest race of the year... LMFAO.. good lucky Dougy...:blah:

400exmom
10-16-2003, 09:03 AM
ill be pullin in at 630 am sat. so ill just park and hope i can find someone- ill have my white jeep grand cherokee pullin my lil trailer-

Doibugu2
10-16-2003, 09:18 AM
YOU'll have a heck of a time finding anybody at that hour and with it being the largest race of the year... LMFAO.. good lucky Dougy...:blah:

Yea that was what I figured. Oh well, had to ask.

ranger400ex
10-16-2003, 12:58 PM
I am staying at a buddies house 2 blocks from the entrance...we gonna throw a little shindig that night w/ some girly friends of his. All I have to do is ride over to the start line!! So Rico you gonna come ******??? See ya all there, I will be there around 8-8:30am tomorrow morning....any spot you want Jeffy?? Popo ain't allowed to find spots anymore....he makes the walk to far...

ben

monkeyboy
10-16-2003, 02:16 PM
i gotss 4 *** kikkinz ta hann ouut att iransmon..:mad: :grr:

neeeds ta git mo fo weeela nutts an screes 2:devil:

pairanutz
10-17-2003, 01:36 AM
im comin i think its 230 am and still tryin to get back togther
havent raced since 2000 ironman this outta be fun
need to quit wastin time on this computer and get back to wrenchin see you all in few hours

660bigdaddy
10-17-2003, 04:40 PM
cause they have 4 members we have 12000
i guess i'll have to post my pics over there and set up a link to them here :p that will work...

250EXstud
10-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey anyone got directions? like where is this at in crawfordsville?