PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe this!!!???

416exmx
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Ok, if you look at a few of the threads, i have on here about ebay fraud. if you didnt see it, here is the story from my other post:

Well, i was looking for another quad for some reason and i saw a 400ex with a 440 kit, Laegers a-arms and swingarm, Works shocks, dominator axle. it was red with a red frame, carbon hood and front/rear beadlocks with rear blue rings. anyway it had a buy-it now price of $3000. I have seen the quad many times for like $5500 on ebay. i thought it was a good price so i e-mailed the guy and told him i wanted it if i was within a reasonable driving distance. After i sent the e-mail, i saw it said FREE shipping. I almost hit the buy-it now but didnt. Anyway this morning i looked for it again and couldnt find it. so today i got an e-mail from the guy and this is exactly what it said.:

QUOTE My name is Stewart Wallace and i am glad you are
interested on my ATV.Well,i have to let you know the
ATV is in a perfect condition .The product will be
shipped from Vienna,Austria from here will support the
shipping taxes,insurance and handling via FedEX Air service and
you will receive the unit within 3 days tops.
The price we hope to obtain is 3000$ and if you agree
with this price we can start to complete the transaction.The payment
must be done using a bank deposit or money order.
The return policy is 30 days.If you agree with these
terms,let me know and i will be more than glad
to start to complete the transaction with you.
I am waiting your email,
Best Regards,
Stewart Wallace QUOTE

That is the exact e-mail i got. I know this is not the guy that owns the quad and free shipping via air freight??? yeah right.. This guy is out to get somebody. did anyone else see this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Start reading here again if you didnt read the above)

#### ### So i e-mailed this guy and told him that since it was soo cheap i would fly to his country and look at it and give him cash money and then fly back. since he offered free shipping he then could ship it to me. Well, he e-mailed me back today and said he would contact ebay and they could convince me that he was a real ebay member and ebay verified his information and ebay would guarentee this transaction. here is the e-mail i got from ebay.

EBAY RECOMMEND SELLER "heiniedog" (they guy in Austria)

eBay Item Number:2436957450

Title of item:Honda 440ex Laeger Motocross Race ATV 400ex

Dear farmbig_01(farmbig_01@otbnet.com),

Ebay was recently contacted by Stewart Wallace(eBay User ID:heiniedog) regarding the above item.Please note that we ended all listings for the seller noted above due to site error. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Stewart asked our help in the following problem:

-help me to show this buyer I am a serious seller(I prefer a western union wire transfer to Austria for
payment and itīs better buyer to be sure I am a real seller)

We verified sellerīs informations and we strongly recommend him.
Our verifications confirm seller's contact info and his ability to deliver the merchandise advertised on our site .There is a limited group of sellers on eBay which we can recommend and "heiniedog" is one of them.

Regards,
Square Trade Safety Board
eBay Inc

------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading this last email you can tell that it is not from anyone at ebay. i think this guy made this up and somehow hacked into ebay's email or something. From what this is saying is that ebay highly reccomends this guy... YEAH RIGHT. i'am turning him into ebay and they can see this email. is there a 800 number or anything for ebay or is it all done online????

416exmx
10-12-2003, 10:59 PM
now the same quad is up for sale again and this time i got an e-mail from a guy saying he is in Italy and he will ship it for free and i just have to wire him the money. Do these guys think we were born yesterday???

JOEX
10-12-2003, 10:59 PM
Definatly send the info to ebay. We don't need any of that chit here.

Personally, i'd never buy anything from like this from over seas. Most likely the shipping charges are much more than the product is worth.

Joe

JOEX
10-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
now the same quad is up for sale again and this time i got an e-mail from a guy saying he is in Italy and he will ship it for free and i just have to wire him the money. Do these guys think we were born yesterday???
Tell the mofo you'll meet him at the Federal building for your state to make the transaction. Bring you lawyer with you.

Joe

SGA
10-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Good eye. Report him asap.
Remember the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true."

JTRtrx250r
10-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Good eye. Report him asap.
Remember the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true." Yep..what SGA said,everyone wants good deals and the scammers know that,even if its only $100..,thats $100 that you just lost and they just made

SGA
10-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Sometimes I amaze myself with my wisdom;)