PDA

View Full Version : Missouri riders and racers, i need your help

JATV250
10-12-2003, 08:20 PM
I was in Farmington and noticed lots of atvs and dirtbikes on trucks and trailers going down I67. Someone told me that there was a place called ST. Jose State park. Do any of you know about it and how many acres it is? when i left there i was on my way back to memphis and noticed some drag racing 4wheelers headed towards Benton. anybody know where it is and when they race?

Thanks

Jay

79400ex
10-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Jatv250, there is a state park by farmington mo. the place is called ST. Joe State Park. It's a old lead mining area. Has a big open area to ride and many trails. Require a three dollar day pass from the park, aflag, and helemet.

cinigen9
10-13-2003, 12:07 PM
www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

JATV250
10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys, i will be going there sometime soon.

jetta75
10-15-2003, 07:12 PM
The sand drags are in Bonne Terre. Its like maybe 3 min. from I 67. I don't know the name of the place though. I heard them when we stopped to eat.

400exdad
10-21-2003, 07:01 AM
JATV,

It's a pretty cool place to ride for a weekend. If you camp and want to get a good spot plan to get there on Thursday.

In the summer (June I think), they have the Flat River Gran Prix there. It is a very good race! Long, but fun. You sort of make a parade lap through town to the start and go 3 at a time. Gran Prix style! I raced it in 2000.

rodenberg35
11-03-2003, 09:11 PM
There is a 1/8 mile drag strip at osborn. its about 20 miles from st.joe. It is a good track they race on sat nights. I used to race my car there. Where do you guys in MO live? I live about 80 miles east of St.joe

cinigen9
11-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Have you ever hit the races at Browning, MO? They have a ~tenth mile horseshoe type track with some jumps. Sounds interesting.

Grew up in Macon County - now in Columbia.

Scott-300ex
11-08-2003, 02:16 PM
yeah man, St. Joe a.k.a. flat river is awsome, we go down there when we can, they have i think it is 2000 acres of sand flats and track type things on the sand and so forth, and they have a crap load of trails there too, you can get lost if you don't know your way around there too. That place used to be so fuc!ing huge, it extended way past the old condemed mining building by they highway and there used to be a huge *** sand hill which they got rid of and now the highway runs through it, it used to be so huge back then, my dad and his buddies used to take there big lifted, ect... trucks down there and they all went muddin and hill climbin, and even trailin, cause then the trails were really opened up and legal to take trucks on and such, it was good times. But yeah, now it's still great, they got some tough trails but you really gotta look for 'em, but the trails aren't easy, just so you know. Its great fun.

and the sand drags, i don't know if you mean the same ones i mean, but i think you do, is it the one's behind the big hill/plateau? there are also trails on the plateau and going up those big hills. My dad and i went back there one day after riding at St. Joe, and they had races and ****, they had a big amount of racers. yeah, that place looks sweet.

well, its buttloads of fun and have a good time!