PDA

View Full Version : Is a rear shock a must have when...?

D-4our
10-12-2003, 07:59 PM
I just got a pair of custom axis shocks and i was wondering because ive never had aftermarket suspension before if my quad is gonna feel wierd when jumping it 'cause ive got stock rear suspension. Is an aftermarket rear shcok a must have? thanx

K_Fulk
10-12-2003, 08:20 PM
You will notice the rear not working as well as the front. But you can still ride it.

300extreme#8
10-12-2003, 08:43 PM
if you have the money to buy it no problem,you should buy it,i have works on the front and they have never bottomed out to anything i put them to and every jump no matter how big i relize i bottum out on the back shock and if i had the money the back shock would be on the top of my list,and this is on a 300ex it may be diff on the other quads.and the tell you the truth it is not bad enough that its hurtin me but i would go ahead and buy one if i was you

offroadfury
10-12-2003, 08:44 PM
you can do what I am going to do, Send it off and have it rebuilt and resprung for your weight for about half the price of a new one. I know TCS does the rebuilds but AXIS might too. I would probably be worth checking into.

10-12-2003, 10:06 PM
im getting mine rebuilt by santo derisi here soon before christmas

D-4our
10-12-2003, 10:27 PM
thanx for the help and thats good that you mentioned that about rebuilding the shock because i just realized the my 250r has an axis rebuilt rear shock that i could slap on the 400ex...unless theyre not interchangeable...wait, are they? i hope so, that would solve all of my problems.

swamprider7
10-13-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by D-4our
thanx for the help and thats good that you mentioned that about rebuilding the shock because i just realized the my 250r has an axis rebuilt rear shock that i could slap on the 400ex...unless theyre not interchangeable...wait, are they? i hope so, that would solve all of my problems.

They are not interchangeable, sorry. :(

Santo DeRisi
10-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by D-4our
I just got a pair of custom axis shocks and i was wondering because ive never had aftermarket suspension before if my quad is gonna feel wierd when jumping it 'cause ive got stock rear suspension. Is an aftermarket rear shcok a must have? thanx

You can always get the shock revalved so that it will work better with your front axis. It will be cheaper than buying a new one!