PDA

View Full Version : caliber froze up on my dirtbike

brian400ex
10-12-2003, 04:13 PM
I was riding my dirtbike and felt the rear brake dragging. I touched the rotor and about burnt my fingers. It sizzled spit! What should i do to fix it? Just take the caliper off and move the pistons back and forth? What are my chances that the rotor is warped now?

Thanks
Brian

deathman53
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
the pins in the caliper are froze, put the caliper in a vise, move the dust seal and spray penatrating oil and force it in, you may need to put a socket on the outside of the pins for it to close. after that pull the bracket out and lube more(it may take some pursausion from a hammer to open it). Once you get it moving, move it back and forth. If you can get the pins out take fine sandpaper and sand the pins and put antiseize on, its great stuff I use it on almost everything. I unsiezed the caliper on my 200x that way. Usually the pistons don't seize, but the pins always do.

4TraxRider
10-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Make sure you get new pins for it as well, the moose ones work great. The have regular socket heads to get them out, instead of allen key heads.

hondapunk
10-18-2003, 04:57 PM
I had the same problem. I got it fixed and new seals put in the caliper and the damn thing still doesn't work. Last time i rode and hit the brakes fluid strted pissing out the black off plate. You know if they make gaskets for them ??