PDA

View Full Version : Hosting website with Your-Site.com

02-05-2002, 08:01 AM
Started hosting my business with Your-Site.com since this site recommends them, this site seems to be functional all the time, and this site has quick response times.

This company is the most unresponsive group I have ever dealt with in my 12+ year professional career. Anyone have some insight on getting customer support with this group? I have a web development team that has put together hundreds of sites but can't get mine up and running. For example, they can't even upload a new file to replace the index.html page. Days and days pass with no response to questions, etc.

I have decided to switch to another company if my site is not functional by the end of this week so any responses to this request after that timeframe won't make a difference.

Thanks,

Jon E. Kelly, President
Prime Team, Inc.
www.primeteaminc.com

Leo
02-05-2002, 04:21 PM
I've never had a problem that wasn't reasolved quickly + to my satisfaction...

Everything is pretty much standard (setting up POP3 accounts is a bit different, but not hard..)

You can't FTP in and change your index page..? Can you FTP in to your account at all?

What type of errors are you getting..?

Are the DNS servers on the web up to date + pointing to your your-site account yet..?

The quickest way (that I've found) to get help is to visit ;

members.your-site.com, they have a forum up and running to ask questions in.

I don't claim to be an expert, but if you let me know some of the details maybe I can help you out.

Leo

Leo
02-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey,

Just tried your link, the permissions are set wrong on your /WWW directory and/or your index.html page I'm getting a 403 error..

What you need to do is change the permissions... CHMOD them to 644...

If your not familiar with unix let me know and I'll give you more info.

Leo

02-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Thanks,

I will forward your message to the web development team. I would think that they should be familiar with this and have figured it out. I am not a web guy at all. Spent all my time in networking and NT engineering.

Thanks for the advice on the support group too. I think they have been trying phone support.

Thanks again,

Jon