PDA

View Full Version : drain bolt help!!!!!!

R-Crazy
10-12-2003, 03:26 PM
ever since i have installed my new clutch on my 86 250r, it leaks oil from the drain bolt. not fast, and its still ridable, but its annoying. as of now, i probably need a new washer, considering i torqued this one down prtty hard trying 2 get it to stop leaking. i have also used a dual layer copper washer with and o-ring hoping it would work, but it didnt. rite now, i have the old crushed washer on it with a rubber seal on it and loc-tite, and it still leaks. what is wrong???? thanx in advance

dave

Doibugu2
10-12-2003, 03:31 PM
You shouldn't have to torque it down very hard. It's your washer that is giving you problems. You don't want to strip out your drain plug, so don't try and turn it to tight. Get the new washer.

I don't know who carries 250r parts, but I'm sure someone else here can.

AtvMxRider
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah sounds like you need a new washer.

10-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah sounds like you need a new washer.
sound right ,but use the stock one (aluminum)..& it is good idea to replace it....every so often to keep it sealing real nice

R-Crazy
10-12-2003, 05:50 PM
yea, i figured, i torqued it down so hard more out of frustration than anything else:blah: buti figured the loc tte would at least seal it up, but i guess not
ill run to an auto parts store and pick one up, cuz i have a certain one in mind that are supposed 2 work real well, they are a washer but have a lil rubber seal on the inside, and look like they will work well. thanks

dave