PDA

View Full Version : REAR axle bearing ?????A new one ??

4traxx
10-12-2003, 11:47 AM
When I bought my 91 250x the rearaxle had play in it like bad bearings .Also the rear caliper was missing .today I found the locknuts were welded to the axle to keep it from loosening up .Heres my question ,.....i was able to tighten the locknuts up To remove the play in the bearings . did I do Okay or is it going to loosenup ? I think the last owner just put it together wrong .

toby400ex
10-20-2003, 06:20 PM
IM not sure if understand what ur saying, but if there was play in the axle up or down or side to side the bearins need replaced. And the axle nut should NOT be welded to the axle:(

4traxx
10-22-2003, 10:56 AM
tHe two locknuts were welded , just a tack I think to keep them from loosening up .I think the kid I bought it from did not have it set up right . I was able to get the play out of the rear axle bu tightening the two locknuts .I think that the kid I bought it from just did not know what he was doing .I hav not ridden it yet . I know everything loks good and tight .I am wondering if the rear axle was put together wrong .This quad was hacked and I didnt see it when I bought it .