PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem please help!!!!!

08-14-2001, 08:01 PM
Ok when i parked my 300 it was running fine, then when I go to start it, it won't start. The first thing I did was put a new fuse in, that wasn't it. So then I checked my solonoid it was fine because when I tried it would fire but not start, so then I got thinking maybe gas but that can't be it since the back light dont work. So could anyone tell me what you think would be the problem????

skemp
08-14-2001, 08:05 PM
Did you maybe hit your kill switch by accident? I always freakin' do that.

08-14-2001, 08:07 PM
Nope I checked that.

Atomic83
08-14-2001, 10:12 PM
haha when I first got mine I would hit the kill switch all the time and didn't know what was the he|| was going on, but now I have learned :)

skemp
08-14-2001, 10:31 PM
Is it just cranking over and nothing else?
I would just check the wires to the starter, the kill switch, the key, etc. I don't know if you checked, but your plug cap might be off. Maybe someone was trying to be funny. :rolleyes: Also, your spark plug might be loose itself. That can cause the motor to have low compression and make starting difficult if not impossible.
Just check the wires, make sure everything is tight. I just replaced a bulb in my taillight so it could just be a bulb. If your headlights work, and your motor cranks, and your kill switch is on, and the plug is tight, the cap is on, it has gas, the choke isn't on, all the connections are good, (especially to the starter), then maybe your solonoid is bad, or your plug is getting crappy spark. Maybe some moisture got in the cap or something. It seems odd that anything major could happen with it just sitting there.

Sorry I can't be of much more help, I have a 400. :) Good luck though!

JabberJaw
08-15-2001, 08:22 AM
I have had my 400ex for about 4 months now, and noticed the other day the nuetral light looked like a coffee pot purculator light when the bike was running. It kept on flickering.

Then the bike began to not start all the time. I was thinking maybe I pulled something loose underneath from riding through the thick brush. After stopping to check it out, I noticed that when I bounced on the bike it would start, hmmmm..

The battery terminal was loose, after I tightened it up my bike ran much smoother... it's always the simple stuff.

08-15-2001, 01:04 PM
Ok don't ask me why but the people I bought it from had a toggle switch for a key, and that was mounted on the headlight but I took the headlight off and the toggle switch just kinda layed there. And when it would hit the gas can it would short the fuse, so after putting about 4 fuses now it's not that I'm goin to put a new switch on tonight but I don't think that, that is the problem. I think I shorted some wires but I'm not sure wich ones

08-17-2001, 12:44 AM
check all those wires by the head light . i'v seen them mess up with a few wrecks