PDA

View Full Version : New Honda only kick start?

Moto440
10-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Just wondering if there will be an option to put an electric start on the new TRX 450 R? I sure think that electric start is nice to have.

Diedrich
10-11-2003, 09:44 PM
kick starting aint that bad..saves alot of weight too

stupid driver
10-11-2003, 10:08 PM
the 450 aint that hard to kick start. Thats the major aspect honda looked at when building the new 450. They weighed the benifits and losses. You lose a lot of weight w/out the electric start. Then, they remembered that it was pretty easy to kick over. They built this quad for the serious racer. JMO

sparks400
10-11-2003, 11:06 PM
i rode the yfz and if they made it better then that its my dream quad lol, the yfz rides like an r and has some mad power for a stock bike. the 450r has a compresion release on the clutch just like the dirt bike, so it wont be that hard, did they detune it ?

Bill Fuller
10-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Have either one of you rode a 450 dirt bike or for that matter a large bore 4 stroke quad?It may not be that hard to start but put it on a hill like say whats at the Iron Man GNCC and after an hour or so racing lets see you start it then.It in my opinion is geared more toward MX that hot start lever wont help out at all when you can't even kick the damn thing over.I love Honda but a woods machine this is not.I'm not saying you can't ride it in the woods I'm saying that I don't feel it is a race(woods) worthy machine I don't think you will be seeing alot of these on the GNCC circuit.The "button" makes all the differance in my opinion.Would I own one....well of course I would but not to race,for that I will leave to my Dale.Until Honda comes out with there woods quad.I have lost many places in the woods humping a hot large bore 4 stroke only to swear them off forever.I will not turn to the dark side and get a yahmaha I love Honda let me state that one more time.

benroels
10-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I wouldnt be a bit suprised to see Honda offer electric start as an expensive option, if not, there will be plenty of aftermarket places wanting to make a buck or two (i hope!)....so all you XC riders, dont fret....a year from now you will scratch your as to why you even asked.

Out_Sider
10-12-2003, 08:03 AM
well i remember back in the day when me and my friend jarret used to trail ride alot with his 250x..and when that thing got hot, and u started getting tired..that mofo was HARD to get started. But i've kind of got away from those kind of trails, and moved to mx tracks, wide trails (not those really tight ones), open fields, and riding wheelies :cool: . If my dad asked me which one i wanted that he would buy it..i dono what i'd say...i've really started liking electric start with me getting my 300ex, but i really really like honda...So i'd probably get the 450r..(i like how the whole bike looks..i think the hood is trick)

10-12-2003, 08:19 AM
the only reason its kickstart and not electric is because honda doesnt have an electric start version to put in it like yamaha did. Its not bc they want it to be a serious racer it is because they didnt have time to develop an electric start version. In the later years they may but for now thats why.