PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Fraud !!!! Anyone else see it????

416exmx
10-11-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, i was looking for another quad for some reason and i saw a 400ex with a 440 kit, Laegers a-arms and swingarm, Works shocks, dominator axle. it was red with a red frame, carbon hood and front/rear beadlocks with rear blue rings. anyway it had a buy-it now price of $3000. I have seen the quad many times for like $5500 on ebay. i thought it was a good price so i e-mailed the guy and told him i wanted it if i was within a reasonable driving distance. After i sent the e-mail, i saw it said FREE shipping. I almost hit the buy-it now but didnt. Anyway this morning i looked for it again and couldnt find it. so today i got an e-mail from the guy and this is exactly what it said.:

QUOTE My name is Stewart Wallace and i am glad you are
interested on my ATV.Well,i have to let you know the
ATV is in a perfect condition .The product will be
shipped from Vienna,Austria from here will support the
shipping taxes,insurance and handling via FedEX Air service and
you will receive the unit within 3 days tops.
The price we hope to obtain is 3000$ and if you agree
with this price we can start to complete the transaction.The payment
must be done using a bank deposit or money order.
The return policy is 30 days.If you agree with these
terms,let me know and i will be more than glad
to start to complete the transaction with you.
I am waiting your email,
Best Regards,
Stewart Wallace QUOTE

That is the exact e-mail i got. I know this is not the guy that owns the quad and free shipping via air freight??? yeah right.. This guy is out to get somebody. did anyone else see this.

416exmx
10-11-2003, 08:04 PM
ok, before i hear about it, i just now saw the other thread about this so sorry for making another.

Pappy
10-11-2003, 08:05 PM
we cant ever have to much info about frauds....

cdalejef
10-12-2003, 08:24 AM
send the email to ebay and report him! I've been getting 2 or 3 emails a day similar to that one. There is a usually a link at the bottom of the email that you can click and it will tell you how to report it. Its pretty quick and easy todo.

416exmx
10-12-2003, 05:12 PM
here it is again. i e-mailed the guy to see what he would say. it is a different sellers name but same quad/description. i bet it is fraud also but i'll see if his e-mail is fishy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437283009

stepupmx
10-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Look at the other things hes selling.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=pecbetts&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Why would he have 3 things in different currencies and the quads in american?

quadrider400
10-12-2003, 05:25 PM
hard to say I looked and his feedbacks are almost all good... :eek2:

stepupmx
10-12-2003, 07:30 PM
He probably hacked into someones account and did it :confused:

RytM1
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
It sucks that the internet fraud laws are not the same in every country. It only takes one sucker to bite on this one, and the "seller" is $3000 richer, and there won't be a damn thing that the sucker, or the Feds can do about it.

AndrewRRR
10-12-2003, 10:28 PM
I had a similar experience. I bid on a banshee and got an email from someone posing as the seller saying the quad was in Spain (uhhh, yeah right). He wanted me to deposit the money into his account and he'd pay shipping via UPS. I told him UPS won't ship items that big, etc. lol.
I hate low lives like that.