PDA

View Full Version : At what age did you leave home?

mrusk
10-11-2003, 06:30 PM
I don't want to go into the details but when i graduate high school i want to get out of my house. I don't want to get into the details, but i just can't stand putting up with bullsh$t anymore. So i was just wondering what age some of you older guys left home.

matt

Pappy
10-11-2003, 06:33 PM
i didnt have choice..i was on my own at 16.

batgeek
18 to go to college.

flyin#5
if you want to get out and have the money, go for it.

bandit390
10-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Im 19 and still at home(20 in 2 weeks). I rather have money and put up with some bs once and a while than be broke, living somewhere else. Plus I go to a local college. When im done with school, ill be out.

10-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by bandit390
Im 19 and still at home(20 in 2 weeks). I rather have money and put up with some bs once and a while than be broke, living somewhere else. Plus I go to a local college. When im done with school, ill be out.

Im in the same situation as him. Cept i may be selling all my quads to buy a house. So i dunno:confused: Im 19 by the way

Doibugu2
10-11-2003, 07:11 PM
moving away from your parents is not going to get rid of the headaches. they are just different types. Obviously your not rich, because you would probably want to stay and milk mom and dad for awhile. So your probably not going to be buying a house. So I would bet you will move in with a buddy. So then you have someone else to deal with. (yea you can tell your bud to f-off. But what happens when he doesn't come up with his portion of the rent.

Think before you make a decision that may cost you in the long run. Get your education, and make the right decision for the long term. The older you get the less time you will be at home anyway.

blondie69
10-11-2003, 07:17 PM
i'm only 16 right now...but the VERY last day of grade 12 I'm gone...my parents know it, and I have enough money in the bank right now that I could if i wanted to. oh..when I graduate I'll be 17, turnin 18 that August:blah:

batgeek
10-11-2003, 07:20 PM
i just wanna be around when the reality of the real world smack these kids in the head.

it's not as easy as you may think.

chucked
10-11-2003, 07:35 PM
how much money in the bank??? figure mortgage, gas, electric, property tax, upkeep, car payment, insurance, food, clothes, and all the other crap that you may need or buy. You better have a full time job and ba making some money cuz that money in the bank will run out quick. Im 18, I live with my parents and my bills are more then I make (Im starting a second job next week) and the only recurring bills I have to pay for is my car, quad, gas and car insurance.

flyin#5
10-11-2003, 07:37 PM
you have 2 good options of getting out.

1. go to college, get out of the house and still get money from ma and pa

2. move in with an older sibling (if you have one). pay low rent and you can tell them to F off when they make you mad and not have to worry about them leaving.

Doibugu2
10-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
i just wanna be around when the reality of the real world smack these kids in the head.

amen to that.

JLanphear
10-11-2003, 07:48 PM
I moved out when I was 18...got an apartment.....22 now and in the process of building a house.

That's a quick summary...lol

blondie69
10-11-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by chucked
how much money in the bank??? figure mortgage, gas, electric, property tax, upkeep, car payment, insurance, food, clothes, and all the other crap that you may need or buy.

I aint talkin bout enough money in the bank for a house...I mean enough to get moved out and get an apartment and stuff and pay for a few months until I got a job (if I didn't have one already).

416exmx
10-11-2003, 07:53 PM

I 2nd that

TheX1992
10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
my dad said for my 18th birthday he's getting me luggage....but he's serious. so the middle of my senior year im out no questions asked. so me and my girlfriend are in the same situation. were just going to end up splitting the rent of an appartment for a while

10-11-2003, 08:03 PM
i can stay at my house as long asim going to school. Thats wrong tokick you out like that in themiddle ofyour senior year in high school. :eek:

Narly R
10-11-2003, 08:08 PM
Im in no rush to leave, but my dad will be tierd of my chit by the time Im an Senior, im surprised Im still here!:p Ill move out at around 18 to go to college.

chucked
10-11-2003, 08:20 PM
i 3rd it

Originally posted by 416exmx
I 2nd that

K_Fulk
10-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I was 21. The bad thing with renting is you make payments and get no equity.

chucked
10-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I was 21. The bad thing with renting is you make payments and get no equity.

but it helps your credit, right??

AtvMxRider
10-11-2003, 08:46 PM

HAHAHA man ain't that the truth.

Out_Sider
10-11-2003, 08:47 PM
well, im gonna stay at home as long as i can because my brother dan moved out at 18, and he had to drop out of COLLEGE because he got married at 19, and now he has a kid and now he is in SOO much debt its not funny...and i want to stay at home where once im done with college i can just chill with Ma and Pa for a couple more years, until im ready to get my own HOUSE...i got it all planned out and im only 13 right now :D Im gonna have my nice truck, and a nice quad to spend my money on, instead of house payments, and other bills:blah:

batgeek
10-11-2003, 08:48 PM
life throws curveballs....

and they are wicked ones!

wilkin250r
10-11-2003, 08:49 PM
I moved out, and had a kid (oops)

The mother was a flake, so I took custody, and moved back with my parents. I moved out again when I finally got my degree, which was around 24 yrs old.

All the youngsters will probably call me a loser for living at home until 24, but that's the price I had to pay for my mistakes. However, living at home allowed me to get my degree, and now I'm an EE, so I think it was well worth the sacrifice. It also helped that my parents and I never argue, so there was no BS to put up with.

Moral of the story? Birth control...

Pappy
10-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

id say more like " taking resonsibility for one's actions"

i salute you;)

batgeek
10-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
id say more like " taking resonsibility for one's actions"

i salute you;)

yup yup!!! yer a good man wilkin250r :D

K_Fulk
10-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by chucked
but it helps your credit, right??

I know having a loan helps your credit. I dont know if it does if your giving a guy 500 a month for living in his apartment. It might if your renting from a larger company that send you a bill every month. I'm not an expert on this maybe some one else knows.

Take this example , I bought my house a year ago my payment is $80 a month. (not a big house or anything but its big enough for now. A buddy of mine just started renting a double for $500 a month. How would you rather spend your money?.

So if we both of us move at the same time who is going to have more money to work with?

10-11-2003, 09:06 PM
i just started working a regular 40 hr a week job where u work pretty hard, its not as easy as youd think and there is more pressure than when your in school, i cant imagine having a family and a house and cars and all those bills, its crazy, i dont mind living at home, i have my own end of the house and no one bothers me, pretty soon im gonan have to start paying rent but that aint bad, right now im dealing with that, car insurance, maintaining a truck, getting my quad ready for next season, new clothes and shoes, gas money,spending money, and stuff like that, i was thinking of buyting a sled so i can stay in shape in the winter and have fun besides sitting here on ex riders in my spare time

im pretty well organized and im gonan start dividing my money up , gas,spending, savings , quad money, an i was possibly thinking about buying a sled but i dont think i want a payment hanging over my head

basically i wouldnt have chit if i had to support my self 100% and i wouldnt wanna deal with that pressure and stress, my 400 would be the same and i couldnt afford to race id have no extra money, i dont even wanna think about it

10-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I moved out, and had a kid (oops)

The mother was a flake, so I took custody, and moved back with my parents. I moved out again when I finally got my degree, which was around 24 yrs old.

All the youngsters will probably call me a loser for living at home until 24, but that's the price I had to pay for my mistakes. However, living at home allowed me to get my degree, and now I'm an EE, so I think it was well worth the sacrifice. It also helped that my parents and I never argue, so there was no BS to put up with.

i dont see whats uncool about living at home ,im not a partier and i come home, go on here, maybe talk to my gf on the phone, ride a lil bit, hang out , help my granpa out and relax in some nice peace and quiet

416exmx
10-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by freeride132

basically i wouldnt have chit if i had to support my self 100% and i wouldnt wanna deal with that pressure and stress, my 400 would be the same and i couldnt afford to race id have no extra money, i dont even wanna think about it

welcome to the "REAL WORLD"

10-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
welcome to the "REAL WORLD"

yes, i kinda realized how hard things would be if i had to awhile back, but i dont give my parents too much **** so they dont mind me being here

KP's lil'300
10-11-2003, 09:23 PM
I am KP's older brother, I was looking for advice on my 250R and saw this post.

I am 21, in college and live at home. Paying rent doesn't help your credit usually. It is the same as paying an individual, most of the time, your credit report isn't involved.

I am in college right now, working on a psychology degree. I will graduate in about a year and go on to get my masters degree in education administration. I do not see it as a hindrance to live at home. I just come in from work, watch TV, do homework, and relax.

I work two jobs, around 43 hours a week total and go to school full time. Between pickup payments, insurance, 'wheeler payment, parts, food, gas, school, books, and everything else i couldn't live alone.

I plan on moving out when I get my degree, but that is after I am able to get a well enough paying job to support myself. To me, the freedoms of living alone aren't worth giving up my hobbies, shool and lifestyle.

I have had friends in college that moved out, lived with girlfriends, had children, got married (and divorced), and they almost all say live at home as long as you can. Freedom now isn't worth selling your future.I genneral, Bills Suck, stay at HOME!

Nic

10-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by KP's lil'300
I am KP's older brother, I was looking for advice on my 250R and saw this post.

I am 21, in college and live at home. Paying rent doesn't help your credit usually. It is the same as paying an individual, most of the time, your credit report isn't involved.

I am in college right now, working on a psychology degree. I will graduate in about a year and go on to get my masters degree in education administration. I do not see it as a hindrance to live at home. I just come in from work, watch TV, do homework, and relax.

I work two jobs, around 43 hours a week total and go to school full time. Between pickup payments, insurance, 'wheeler payment, parts, food, gas, school, books, and everything else i couldn't live alone.

I plan on moving out when I get my degree, but that is after I am able to get a well enough paying job to support myself. To me, the freedoms of living alone aren't worth giving up my hobbies, shool and lifestyle.

I have had friends in college that moved out, lived with girlfriends, had children, got married (and divorced), and they almost all say live at home as long as you can. Freedom now isn't worth selling your future.I genneral, Bills Suck, stay at HOME!

Nic

well eventually you gotta make the transition to getting your own place but im gonna make sure im prepared before i do and i have all the toys i need and a good truck all paid for

JTRtrx250r
10-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i didnt have choice..i was on my own at 16.

batgeek
10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
KP's lil'300,

you are one busy mofo!! :D

watch that psych degree...i have one and it hasn't done me ***** :)

Bill Fuller
10-11-2003, 10:44 PM
I was 17 for 1 month,dad gave me the choice....live by my rules or leave.Needless to say I packed my chit and have never looked back.32 now and don't regret anything.

10-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I was 17 for 1 month,dad gave me the choice....live by my rules or leave.Needless to say I packed my chit and have never looked back.32 now and don't regret anything.

why were his rules real strict or were u unruly?

10-11-2003, 10:55 PM
why didnt u ever how at LBL labor day fuller?

Bill Fuller
10-11-2003, 11:00 PM
He was a drill seargent(23 yrs.) and I was his troops.The rules were ridiculous,no phone calls,in by 7 PM,be home for dinner or don't eat,go to bed when mom goes to bed,no friends over without 2 weeks written notice etc....I was not a problem child he was big and could get his point across (if you know what I mean).I got an apartment and made it.Have not talked to him since.

10-11-2003, 11:03 PM
He was a drill seargent(23 yrs.) and I was his troops.The rules were ridiculous,no phone calls,in by 7 PM,be home for dinner or don't eat,go to bed when mom goes to bed,no friends over without 2 weeks written notice etc....I was not a problem child he was big and could get his point across (if you know what I mean).I got an apartment and made it.Have not talked to him since.

damn, u havent talked to your dad in 15 years? what about your mom?

Bill Fuller
10-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Crazy,sorry about Labor day.It was damn near divorce central that weekend at the Fuller household.I would like to make it out and ride with you sometime we will have to make some plans.As long as there are no Mid South races.I go quite alot during the winter,the colder the better.

Bill Fuller
10-11-2003, 11:07 PM
In 15 years I have maybe talked to her 10 times.It wasn't to long after the"day" that they got divorced.I don't have a clue where he is.I went about 7 years before mom found out where I lived.I don't feel I owe them anything,by todays standards they would both be in prison for child abuse.Mom never hit me but she never stopped it either.

JTRtrx250r
10-11-2003, 11:55 PM
In 15 years I have maybe talked to her 10 times.It wasn't to long after the"day" that they got divorced.I don't have a clue where he is.I went about 7 years before mom found out where I lived.I don't feel I owe them anything,by todays standards they would both be in prison for child abuse.Mom never hit me but she never stopped it either. that sure sounds familiar:rolleyes: but ya know Bill...I grew up and now put the fear of god in my step-dad,my real dad passed away b4 I got the chance to square up w/ him...,in a way ..it probably made us stronger ppl..b/c the only ppl I take chit from now is my wife and kids...and maybe the occasional cop;) :D

quadrider400
10-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Quick while you still know everything move out...... cause later its amazing how smart your folks get....

I say not knowing what #@$t you are having to deal with....

I was 18 when I moved out but on good terms w/ folks... that makes a big difference in the long run....

My son left at 18 and came back at 21 to "get started over" but he left on fairly good terms and did not tell me or his mom to pack sand when he left....

:eek2:

400grl
10-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I basically left home at 15 - I went to a boarding school in California (we lived in Nevada at the time)....I came home on major holidays. During the summer I worked at a summer camp as a councelor in Cali, so I didn't go home during the summer, either. And....that was about it!!! High school and college and summers were all spent in Cali, then my parents moved back to Phoenix sometime in there.....then...when I was done with school I moved back here to Phoenix and stayed with them a few months until I got my own apartment....haven't been back since!! And the silly thing is - my parents and I got along really well - and being away just made us both appreciate each other more than we ever would have if I had stayed at home.........

I'll have to say - everyone has a different home life. I don't see anything wrong with living with your parents as long as you can stand it and save up some money in preparation for the real world - some people don't have that option, and get out much quicker. Whatever works the best for you - you know?

I am where I am right now because of the way things went down when I was younger......and I have no regrets. I guess that is the important thing. :)

Woodsrider
10-12-2003, 11:13 AM
I didnt read the rest of the posts, but I left home at 18. I graduated H.S., and two weeks later left for the army. I was in my 8th week of basic when I got a letter returned to me that I had sent home. It said on the envelope; "Return to sender, Not at this address"!Yep, my dad waited till I left, then got married and bought a new house.

A week later I got a letter from him explaning it all. He knew I didnt like his G/F and thought it wouild be best if he waited till I was gone.

10-12-2003, 11:23 AM
fuller...imgoing again on the 24,25,26this month.It would becool if you could go too

Doibugu2
10-12-2003, 11:28 AM
I think the stories where someone left very early and made it (in life) shows how resiliant some of us are.

But notice that the ones that left early were the ones where there parents basically forced them out. There parents were pretty extreme.

I guess I'm more of the oddity of the group. I didn't move out till I was 26. I got my degree, had a little fun mooching off my parents for a couple years, then bought a house.

I have a decent job, a house, brand new car, and have enough money left over to put some money into my quad.

Don't short change yourself, you will be kicking yourself in the arse if you don't get a college degree. I'm actually in charge of who we hire in our department, so I get to see all the resumes. We don't even look at someone for an entry level position that doesn't have a 4 year degree. And that person's starting salary is only $30k.

Yea there are plenty of jobs out there were you don't need a college degree. My dad had one. Construction. I actully like working on houses. And have worked many days with my dad. But I sure is hell don't like getting up in the morning to go work outside where its 0 degrees. And you have to take a break every hour to get the feeling back in your hands.

Don't make a quick decision. What you do between the years 16-22 are probably some of the most important decisions of your left.

zephead400ex
10-12-2003, 11:45 AM
my story - Graduated HS, moved out 2 weeks later, live in an apartment 16 miles from my hometown with my best friend, go to college, work 40-45 hrs a week for an internet company making decent money with great benefits in my hometown, do not have a degree in anything yet (working on it), have a girlfriend of 3 yrs, party hard and ride hard! (that is one hell of a compound sentence!:p

Doibugu2 - not flaming but your last post: only partly true. The majority of jobs nowdays do require a 4 yr degree before you are even considered. However, if a person does not have a degree, working construction is the only opportunity:confused:

peace

FourFiftyFour
10-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Im 18 and I still live at home, I go to college, majoring in Graphics Design. I had a job but they wouldnt work with my college hours so I decided to take a break from a job for a little while and concentrate on gettin used to my college hrs. I have a little bit of money saved up for my racing to pay entry fees. My parents told me if I didnt start going to college in the fall, that they would kick me out. My parents and I sometimes get a long, and sometimes dont... but lately they know I'm stressed with the college hours I have..... some of my classes are four hours long. I think I'm the only freshman taking as many classes as I am... I dont know why my schedule ended up like that. Anyways, my parents are very helpful while Im in college.. they have wanted me to go for the longest time, so I guess Im lucky in that aspect.

Doibugu2
10-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Doibugu2 - not flaming but your last post: only partly true. The majority of jobs nowdays do require a 4 yr degree before you are even considered. However, if a person does not have a degree, working construction is the only opportunity:confused:

peace

Reread the first sentance again of that part.

Yea there are plenty of jobs out there were you don't need a college degree. My dad had one. Construction.

Just trying to make the point that some jobs that don't require a college degree my not be the most deseriable, day in and day out. I loved working with my dad in the spring or fall. Wasn't to hot, got to be outside all day. Worked with my hands.

If I'm not mistaken, Bill Gates doesn't have a college degree, so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about. He probably makes more in 1 hour then I make in a year.

zephead400ex
10-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Reread the first sentance again of that part.

Yea there are plenty of jobs out there were you don't need a college degree. My dad had one. Construction.

Just trying to make the point that some jobs that don't require a college degree my not be the most deseriable, day in and day out. I loved working with my dad in the spring or fall. Wasn't to hot, got to be outside all day. Worked with my hands.

If I'm not mistaken, Bill Gates doesn't have a college degree, so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about. He probably makes more in 1 hour then I make in a year.

I apparently read the statement from a different view than you intended, I now see your point!:)

peace

10-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I was gone at 18..

AtvMxRider
10-12-2003, 02:53 PM
I left when I was 19 an joined the Navy.

Doibugu2
10-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I apparently read the statement from a different view than you intended, I now see your point!:)

peace

It's difficult trying to say what you really mean, through these threads. Lots of things are taken the wrong way.

Glamis400ex
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
I left at 18, to go meet my biological father. (lived in different state) Ended up living on his property till 22, moved back to Cali, with GF in tow. Moved back in with mom and step-dad for 1 1/2 years to save money for wifes college. Moved to Idaho for 3 1/2 years, so wife could get degree, moved back to Cali with mom and step-dad for 1 1/2 years to save money to but house.

It's all good cuz my parents never charged us a dime for rent or food, ever.

Glamis

SGA
10-13-2003, 08:16 AM
This thread brings back some memories. I moved out when I was 16, went to live with a relative. Out on my own around 20.

DESDAK4
10-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Got out of HS at 19 and went right into the Air Force. Been in for 11.5 years and have three daughters of my own now, just trying to do the stuff for them my parents never could do for me. I want them to feel like they are welcome in my home no matter what.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

stace609
10-14-2003, 08:29 AM
I left at 16. But I took the easy way out. I got married. lol. But it is harder than you think. You go from worrying about what to wear to worrying if you can pay the bills next month.

zfire_28
10-14-2003, 08:35 AM
I lived at home till I was 20, saved up $10,000 and payed off 2 cars before I moved out.

kaneman23
10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I was lucky and didn't leave the nest until I was 22. I went college(assoc. degree) and took a job involving heavy travel when I was 20. I was ready to move out but couldn't see the point if I was only home 1 week a month. I did that for 2 years and then got a new job without any travel. I then married my wife(h.s. sweetheart) and we bought a house. That was 3 years ago and I haven't looked back since..

My brother is a whole different story. He is 24 still living at home off my parents. He makes good money but is in too much debt to move out on his own.

400exmom
10-14-2003, 08:51 AM
i got out at 17 and never looked back

OCCRA288
10-14-2003, 09:10 AM
Alot of you younger guys have no clue how hard living on your own really is. My girlfriend and I moved in together when I graduated HS, May 2003. We barely made it through the summer much less going into winter. We lived with no rent, (Uncle has a house that he used for storage) All we had was our upkeep on our vehicles, my truck payment, our electric bill, and food. Needless to say we moved back in with my Mom two weeks ago. In fact, she asked us to move back in because she was worried about us.

Don't rush growing up guys you'll regret it in the end.

Jay300ex
10-14-2003, 09:28 AM
I am 18 and still live with my parents. I goto HS ( last year ) full time, soon I will be going for 2 hours then I am interning at the Honda shop where I work on weekends. I spend any available time with my girlfriend, that is if I am not working at Wendy's ( 3 days outta the week till midnight ) I rarely see my parents, but they understand my motives.

I saw my older brother and sister go through hell when they left home. Why would someone like myself want to go through that stuff? I could see this this and this happen to me if I don't keep my head on my shoulders. Then I can see this this and this happen to me if I do. What is this this and this? Well you can figure that out.

As soon as I graduate I am driving to Palm Bay Florida to live with my aunt. Every morning at 6 AM I am going to drive from there to Daytona Beach, to attend AMI ( You know, the college that the guys from Orange County Choppers went to ). That is not a college, it is a technical school. And I am paying for it. I will be done with that after 6 months, doesn't seem long does it? By that time I will have enough training to work for Daytona Bike Week. The guy said the school is open 24/7, and students that wish to work, will make anywhere between 2, and 5 grand. Thats almost half my tuition haha.

Anyway, when I am done with that, I am moving back home to New York. I will have a job waiting for me at the shop that I work at now on the weekends. As for housing, my best friend, known for 18 years, his mom is giving us her house, which is right across the street from my house now ( my rents house ) and we just have to pay the taxes, and electric + water, no gas.

I just like to think about, how I sat down one day years ago and said that I want to put all my effort in my BRAIN to smart my way into a good life.

My quote, and don't forget it: A vision without action is a dream.

Jay

JustRace
10-14-2003, 09:47 AM
I still live at home and i'm 21 turning 22 in December. I go to college full time for Criminal Justice. I have it made I guess. I have absolutely no bills, I get along great with my parents. My dad just got remarried at 50 so now he has two houses. Well he mainly stays at her house so I pretty much get the house all to myself during the week then I go stay with my GF thursday-monday morning. She is 19 has an appartment and goes to college full time.

I would love to be able to move out but its just not feasible for me to do so right now. There is absolutely NO work for me around here that is flexible with my college schedule. For my old job I had to drive 20 miles one way just to make 5.15 an hour and even there I was only getting 20 hours a week. I plan on moving this spring once I get my degree and start looking for another job so that I can actually save some money up.

But I love living at home, with my dad gone I pretty much just have to take care of this house.

My sister on the other hand moved out when she was 17, moved back when she was 20 and I believe she finally left when she was 23 (she got married and her and her husband saved up and got a house). Now she is so loaded with bills though, has 2 kids and her husband had one from a previous relationship. So me being the youngest of 4 i've realized that i'm not moving out until its best for me, not just because i'm upset at my parents. My brother is 28 and doesn't have crap, I have a 31 year old sister that was paying 900 dollars a month for an appartment and she complains that she can't save up for a house. So i'm learning from there mistakes that way i don't have to make them. A side note though i'm the only one that has gone to college.

Ohio R
10-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Lets see left home when I was 15 to shack up with an older chic...:) That was a fun 4 years.. Started my own biz, 3 kids later, and havent looked back...

blondie69
10-14-2003, 02:09 PM
ha....seems like i might be leaving a bit sooner then expected...i won't bother sayin on here y...but if "this" happens...then i'll be outa the house probably when i turn 17...maybe ealier..:eek:

10-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
ha....seems like i might be leaving a bit sooner then expected...i won't bother sayin on here y...but if "this" happens...then i'll be outa the house probably when i turn 17...maybe ealier..:eek:

:eek: You got one cookin in the oven???? :eek:

blondie69
10-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Rico

hahaha...no....not quite....try something dealing more along the lines w/ that hurricane that we got a few weeks ago...

sportraxrider10
10-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Rico

OMG...that was the funniest thign i have heard in a long time...i would have never thought of it like that:devil: http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/laughin_above.gif http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/noddin_laugh.gif

joshyz125
11-13-2003, 03:44 PM
I didn't leave home. But my perants moved out. I was 20 when i took over that huge house payment, while paying for my own school. Im' making it, but as for upgrades on the 400ex, they'll just have to wait.

redroost85
11-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Well, I guess I was officially on my own after I graduated college, which I will be paying for quite some time. I got me a job, not great but making for the time being. I live in a split house with some cool older couple next door. I do all the yardwork and up keep on the house so I can keep a near zero rent. I also get the garage out back for my ride and my toys and schiz! Living on your own is tough. Some months are pretty tight, hopefully it won't get so bad I gotta sell my quad. That would seriously suck! :cuss:

So all you younger dudes. Be certain of what you really want. having to tuck tail and go back to ma and pa is not cool! You gotta have some kind of discipline if you want to make it well. For me I know I can't piss away my paychecks on quad parts and beer!:D

86350x
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
I moved out right after high school, got a job elsewhere for a bit, and ended up getting a better paying one here back nere home so I moved back(THEY asked ME to move back)

Only 22, graduated at age 17. An I helped put my sisters through colledge. We didn't have the money for me to go, but my "work place" sent me to school for some stuff.

And don't shove the student loan thing down my throat either, I know how it "really" works.

Lol my dad is making payments to me, we make the same amount of money, but I have never been happy with this job. I work 50 to 60hrs a week wich is fine, but the people that work there and some of em that run the place are too crooked and I can't stand them. And btw I bought my parents THERE quads!

I'll be checking some out of the country stuff over the next 8 months, and a scenery change is inevitable. They'll probrably be heart broken when I leave, but having no life and being miserable just isn't worth it anymore.

Life goes on, and I've always been promoted and have done well with every type of job I've tried. Cosey computer jobs aren't all they are cracked up to be either.

I think they are now financial secure enough, and I have enough money saved up to persue something else.

I think that some can make it right out of school, but really need to plan stuff and not live life on the fly.

Greg Z
11-13-2003, 08:58 PM
i plan on staying home not going to college and starting a porno business with beer and root beer for the children eek2:

D11NR
11-14-2003, 05:24 AM
Moved out when I was 18 for the Army. 15 years now
For those thats not moved out yet----GOOD LUCK---
It's not as easy as you think, and get ready for a hell of a ride:devil:

wwclea01
11-14-2003, 09:22 AM
I could live at home until im 30 for all I care. as long as I have my cool toys. Id rather have the toys than the house. I am 18 now

jcv400ex
11-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by mrusk
I don't want to go into the details but when i graduate high school i want to get out of my house. I don't want to get into the details, but i just can't stand putting up with bullsh$t anymore. So i was just wondering what age some of you older guys left home.

matt

Left at 18, went to college, came back at 23 with a **** load of credit card bills :devil: , left again at 25, been out of the house ever since.

MXcutie
11-14-2003, 01:03 PM
my parents told me that i never have to move out... but i only have one more year of college left so i'm sure i'll live at home till i get my college loans paid off then i'm outta there and moving where it's warm but i'll always be back to take care of them when they get older i mean come on they took care of my *** the least i can do is take care of them when they need it

CUZ'n
11-14-2003, 01:18 PM
ma pappy say "get da *** out" an i lef:(