PDA

View Full Version : Does this feature work out here?

Guy400
10-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Well does it?

Guy400
10-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Woohoo...we're on the road to recovery!!

UglyMotha™
10-10-2003, 03:32 PM
i perfer this kind of torture

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/-kinky.gif

AtvMxRider
10-10-2003, 03:42 PM
:huh You 2 ok?

Guy400
10-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Just making sure the attachments work in the public forums:D

Chino
10-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
:huh You 2 ok?

Awful kinky to each other arent' they. Wait till there wives and g/f's see the marks, and wonder where they came from :eek:

flyin#5
10-10-2003, 07:20 PM
can you see it now? :blah:

Woodsrider
10-10-2003, 07:36 PM
Sawweeet:D How long before we all get the privlage to attach again?

Guy400
10-10-2003, 07:43 PM
I can't speak for Harlen but only the mods have picture attaching capabilities for about a month on a test period. I asked Harlen for an explanation of what happened and honestly, I didn't understand. From I could piece together it sounds as if we just had too many pics being attached and it clogged the database all up. When the pics overflowed to some other directory the database tried grabbing them from that new directory and even messed more stuff up. But again, I didn't understand fully what Harlen was explaining.

Woodsrider
10-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I don't understand it either, but it doesn't suprise me. The picture posting had gotten way out of hand with off topic pics. Its really a shame that it had gotten so out of hand.
Maybe after its fixed we need to just delete any pics that arent ATV related, see rule 4 ;)

No more "Post pics of your girlfriend" and chit:macho

310Rduner
10-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I don't understand it either, but it doesn't suprise me. The picture posting had gotten way out of hand with off topic pics. Its really a shame that it had gotten so out of hand.
Maybe after its fixed we need to just delete any pics that arent ATV related, see rule 4 ;)

No more "Post pics of your girlfriend" and chit:macho

Yeah.. just use the hosting functions for those ones.. :devil:

Woodsrider
10-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Yeah.. just use the hosting functions for those ones.. :devil:

;)

I was just lookin at another thread about this, and it looks as though when its all said and done its just going to be the good ol boys club with the posting feature.

310Rduner
10-10-2003, 08:04 PM
;)

I was just lookin at another thread about this, and it looks as though when its all said and done its just going to be the good ol boys club with the posting feature.

I wonder if I am going to be allowed into this.. I will just have to stick steadfast to another member with good standing who will back me up...:(

I have never been in trouble.. or caused trouble.. :cool:

10-10-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
I wonder if I am going to be allowed into this.. I will just have to stick steadfast to another member with good standing who will back me up...:(

I have never been in trouble.. or caused trouble.. :cool:

nonsense u argue with me all the time, hence youve broke a rule

chuck norris killed the server i think:(

310Rduner
10-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
nonsense u argue with me all the time, hence youve broke a rule

chuck norris killed the server i think:(

yeah, but so does the majority of the site.. So I think I am OK.;)

10-10-2003, 10:12 PM
yeah that why no one can post pics:eek:

10-11-2003, 07:27 AM
;)

I believe that members will also be able to join the good ol boys club but how you'll join I don't know right now, but the feature will be back under different regulations...:cool: It is nice havin the feature back though...:devil:

Admin
10-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Life is GOOD!!!!

Glow Plug
10-11-2003, 07:57 AM
man it just so great everyone can post pictures again :p j/p

But great thnig you got it back harlen, hopefully all of us can post pictures soon to :)

AlaskaSpeed
10-11-2003, 08:17 AM
cool....the moose and the pigeon are on standby!

Woodsrider
10-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I believe that members will also be able to join the good ol boys club but how you'll join I don't know right now, but the feature will be back under different regulations...:cool: It is nice havin the feature back though...:devil:

I agree, without a doubt it needs to be regulated. But "how" is the question. The ability to post pics without hosting elsewhere was one of the features that made this site what it is today. It helps alot to be able to post a picture along with the discription of a problem or a fix.
It seems the problem stems from all of the non-ATV related pics clogging up the database. Limit the file size and the content, and maybe add a probation period for new users:confused2

At any rate, its great to see the little paperclip again:D Cudos to Harlen and any of the rest of the globetrotters who may have helped.:D

hessianmx111
10-11-2003, 09:58 AM
I agree, without a doubt it needs to be regulated. But "how" is the question. The ability to post pics without hosting elsewhere was one of the features that made this site what it is today. It helps alot to be able to post a picture along with the discription of a problem or a fix.
It seems the problem stems from all of the non-ATV related pics clogging up the database. Limit the file size and the content, and maybe add a probation period for new users:confused2

At any rate, its great to see the little paperclip again:D Cudos to Harlen and any of the rest of the globetrotters who may have helped.:D
I think one way to do this is to not post a bunch of stupid pics like the lil rabbit with a pancake on his head, you know the funny crap like that because they were highly overused as well. Id like to get the file attachment back because it was so much easier and more convenient. since the img tags have been the only way to attach pics since july there havent been near as many pics. one reason i loved this site was because of the friendly users and the many many pics. well i hope there is someway most users can get it back soon but glad to see we are on the road to recovery.

Pappy
10-11-2003, 07:00 PM
all i know is that over 45,000 pictures were transfered to a different database and not routed to the main exriders database.

basically harlen gave the site an enima:huh

Doibugu2
10-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
all i know is that over 45,000 pictures were transfered to a different database and not routed to the main exriders database.

basically harlen gave the site an enima:huh

yea and how many of the dumb coon we got drunk.

Lets pay to host. Pay $10 get 10mb of posting space.

JOEX
10-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
yea and how many of the dumb coon we got drunk.

Lets pay to host. Pay $10 get 10mb of posting space.
There's a thought. May need to work on the $ vs. MB ratio though.:)

Joe

AtvMxRider
10-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
cool....the moose and the pigeon are on standby!

Yeah so is my apple.........:devil:

10-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
There's a thought. May need to work on the $ vs. MB ratio though.:)

Joe

I'd have to say that if your just a normal member that has not supported the site in anyway...odds are you won't be able to post...:D

Doibugu2
10-13-2003, 08:13 AM
I'd have to say that if your just a normal member that has not supported the site in anyway...odds are you won't be able to post...:D

what qualifies as supporting the site?

AtvMxRider
10-13-2003, 02:45 PM

I bought a t-shirt does that count?:huh

SGA
10-13-2003, 03:53 PM
I noticed the pic size is set at 65,000 bytes. Some of the pics I used to post, I had to resize down to get them to work. Thats ok with me, and that should help alot with the overcrowding. You can have a small pic at 125,000 bytes or a big pic at 50,000 bytes.
Notice the big pic that rico put in above, its 61,634 bytes. Notice how its not real clear.
Now notice the pic the EXriders Admin put in, its 36,466 bytes. way smaller and much clearer.
I set my digital camera on normal instead of fine quality, it uses much less memory that way. Smaller pics with less bytes of information, but plenty clear for the internet.

nacs400ex
10-13-2003, 04:59 PM
I would support the site, but last time I tried to buy a shirt, I had a really fun time trying to get Ben to answer my posts/pms. I would ask a question about shipping and nothing would ever happen. I dont wanna go through that hassle again. I want to support the site, because I use it everyday. But I dont wanna go through the problems.

I live in Canada and its cost me a $60 fee to send a $80 part over the border. That aint too fun.

I dont post too many pics, but it is a nice feature. I would help pay/buy things regardless. But the border thing turns me off.

Woodsrider
10-13-2003, 07:32 PM

LOL! I have to ask the same question here. Many of us didn't support the site by buying a shirt because of the choosen design and/or the "winter theme" :rolleyes: But have purchased and display the site stickers on our trucks and ATV's. We ride together in groups when we can get together, so what qualifies a person?

SGA
10-13-2003, 07:53 PM
so what qualifies a person?
Skin pics of the wife/girlfriend to the ADMIN and MODS is a good start...;)

Chef
10-13-2003, 08:05 PM
I bought lots of billet from Leo...does that count?

Woodsrider
10-13-2003, 08:07 PM
(checks to see if wife is looking...)
LOL you don't want to see skin picks of my wife, trust me, right now is not a good time;)

Bad Habit
10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
LOL you don't want to see skin picks of my wife, trust me, right now is not a good time;)

LMAO, exactly what I was thinking. Sending a pic could get you the ability to post pics, or, it could get you the big red button.

QuadJunkies
10-14-2003, 12:21 AM
LOL you don't want to see skin picks of my wife, trust me, right now is not a good time;) LMAO!:p Well if Im not able to post, Ill just keep doing it the same as I have been....But I have bought from C&D and bought a shirt so I think Im good to go eother way...its good too see the site is getting a good "cleansing".......:D

10-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Well I don't even know what it will be. I was just wanting to state that if joe blow joins the site he won't be able to start posting pics right away. For those that have been long time members and purchased from the site sponsor or bought stickers or shirts you'll probably be OK but I don't know this for sure..it's a decision that Harlen will make not us mods...:blah:

Woodsrider
10-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Oh yah! I forgot about buyin my pipe from the Quadshop and my dampner from C&D:D

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Well I don't even know what it will be. I was just wanting to state that if joe blow joins the site he won't be able to start posting pics right away. For those that have been long time members and purchased from the site sponsor or bought stickers or shirts you'll probably be OK but I don't know this for sure..it's a decision that Harlen will make not us mods...:blah:

i come here everyday for the last year or two, that better count:D i would buy a shirt, but something tells me when i throw on a exriders shirt and hop on my yfz people may laugh?:confused:

hessianmx111
10-14-2003, 08:16 PM
I bought a hatfield mccoy dvd would that count?