PDA

View Full Version : rims

sickyellow400ex
10-10-2003, 02:44 PM
i need new front rims and i was wondering if i should just get a new set of honda ones or something else, i ride in a place were they get beat up pretty bad so i need something strong

honda250xrider
10-10-2003, 03:14 PM
i would try some beadlocks. Burgard has good prices. i got my whole set for 430$ Aint bad comparing some company's charge you around 150 and i've even seen higher than that.

JOEX
10-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Stock rim are better than the standard ITP/Douglas rims.

Thae next step would be the ITP Baja Rims. They have a reinfocement ring rolled into the rim.

Aluminum bead locks would be next but i'm not sure how much 'stronger' they are as opposed to reinforced rims.

The next level would be Carbon Fiber rims. Supposed to be 'The Chit' in rims. I just bought a set of used ones for the front but haven't run them yet.

Joe

sickyellow400ex
10-11-2003, 08:06 AM
how would the carbon fiber ones hold up in the rocks tho

mudderchic
10-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Douglas rims are the best if you want strength and less weight, plus you can pick what strength you want. But, If you want indestructable ones and don't care about weight get the ITP cast aluminum. They are heavy, but they outlast anything.

JOEX
10-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by sickyellow400ex
They are supposed to be nearly indestructable......

Joe

Pappy
10-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
They are supposed to be nearly indestructable......

Joe

damn near are...ive seen them get beat and beat...i just wish they werent an arm and a leg but what ya gonna do:p

310Rduner
10-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by sickyellow400ex

Better than any metal rim ever wished it could. They are carbon fiber, which is supposed to flex and absorb any shocks so it will not flat-spot.

If you ever did happen to break something, there is a 1 year warranty, and the rims are modular, meaning you can replace a part separate of the whole wheel.

sickyellow400ex
10-11-2003, 10:00 PM
where is the cheapest place to get some of the carbon fiber ones

10-11-2003, 10:37 PM
yah...i bent my stock rim & ordered a cheap ITP rim offdennis kirk. well it added an extra inch offset so it will not work with the other stock rim on front. Now i guess i will return this one & spend $10 extra on aluminum rims. should i just return this one & buy another stock rim? or isit really worth that extra 1 inch offset?