PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell my left arms front my right? (lonestar)

Narly R
10-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I FINALLY got my shocks and arms, and it might be a silly question, but how do i tell what is the left arms and what is the right arms? Or does it not even matter? I have +3/+1. HELP!:(

Pappy
10-10-2003, 01:35 PM
normally the shock mount will be closer to the front of the a arm by a small amount...as for the tops...thye are pretty easy once ya get the lowers installed

Narly R
10-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Ok thanks man, wont they point more backwords if they arnt on right? What do u mean egzacly the the shock mounts will be closer to the front? I think i can figure it out...:confused2

JOEX
10-10-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm not sue if this applies to +3 +1 but on regular +1 the shock mount is a little off center. The mounts should be further away from the frame. Does that help any:confused:

Joe

Duncanracer
10-11-2003, 09:26 AM
ball joint holes pointing up and a-arms seem to bend forward ...something like that, i had to install mine again cause i realised i put the tops on wrong...

4TraxRider
10-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Put ur top shock bolt on ur shocks and hold the arms up to the frame like they are on, then see if the shock mounts line up or are really close. Another way is, the arms look like an "A", and the ball joint/ heimjoint mount should be farther forward at the point of the "A". (yeah that even confuses me when I read it, hope it helps though)

Narly R
10-11-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, i got them on, it took a couple looks, but there on now. Thanks guys!:)