PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield/McCoy in May

redzoomer
02-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Some of us from Mid North Carolina are heading to WV in May on the 16th. Just looking for others to go with us.. Staying at the Logan Motor Lodge....(best chicken wings in WV) Come on and join us.. :cool:

CranMan
02-05-2002, 04:30 AM
The 16th is a thursday, are you going to make it a 4-day weekend? I'd like to go, but there's a group of us from work going in may, I don't know which weekend. Us NC gys need to get together and go as a group sometime!

MOFO
02-05-2002, 05:59 AM
Cant make it.... a bunch of us are planning a trip in June (28,29,30). It would be nice if we could combine all these dates into one big ride.

Eric

redzoomer
02-09-2002, 04:29 AM
cranman, we are leaving on thurs. morning. But we probably won't ride until fri and sat. Really won't have enough time to ride thurs afternoon or sun. morning. We are gonna stay at the Logan Motor Lodge. Come on and join us! I'm not sure how many will be going from our group. I don't know yet if anyone will be taking their wives either. I'm not. (what would be the point in going?) haha.... Just kidding!! You guys get together and get it planned. Anyone else that wants to go let me know and we can meet up on the trail or on the interstate.

wyndzer
02-09-2002, 06:16 AM
Might tr to make either the May or June ride. Not sure which one yet. Keep me informed on the plans.

CranMan
02-11-2002, 09:54 AM
How much are rooms at the Logan Motor lodge, and which trailhead will you plan on leaving from? I was just checking out their site, and it looks like there's three places you can leave out from.

CranMan
02-14-2002, 09:40 AM
Also what kind of quads/riders will be going? I've got a friend that rides a Foreman, he's a pretty agressive rider, should he come ride wih us? Right now I'm planning on going up ther on friday, the 17th.

redzoomer
02-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Sorry took so long to get back to you.. The rooms are about 45 a night. We will probably ride Man that friday and Logan on saturday. Then come home sunday morn. So far all the guys I know all ride 400 ex's. We ride really hard for a bunch of old dudes. Your friend on the forman might can stay up. (not discounting his ability by any means) But that is a big machine to sling around those trails. We are planning on leaving Thursday morning about 8 or 9. You can get your permit at the motel I think. Keep in touch and let me know whats up.

CranMan
02-15-2002, 06:01 AM
Well I want to make the trip, it's on my calendar right now. Hopefully I can get a buddy to help share the expenses!! But I don't think we can make it until friday evening, but that's cool with us. We;re really just trying to scout out he place for a june ride.

redzoomer
02-18-2002, 10:22 AM
That's cool. We will be there. If ya'll get there friday evening we will probably be in the lounge. I told the lady at the office when I made our reservations to give me a room on the first floor next to Ev's that is the lounge. E-mail me your real name and I will leave our room # at the office for you. Later!

CranMan
02-18-2002, 02:50 PM
So have you or anyone else in your group been there before? The main thing I'm looking for is someone who knows the best places to go. I don't want to get up there and end up on the major mud hole trails all day.

redzoomer
02-19-2002, 09:21 AM
That won't be a problem. This is our third time going up there. We have never ridden the trails at Matewan. But we are very familar with the ones at Man and Logan. The trails at Man are a little wet but just at the begining. You can dodge most of the big holes. We rode up there in October 2 years in a row and it wasn't too bad. I prefer it a little wet than dusty!