PDA

View Full Version : back fire screen & spacers on the front

TRX250EX
10-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Should i cut out the back fire screen in side the air filter or leave it in!!!!!&&&&&& spacers on the front wheels or turn them around so the deep dish side is facing out for better handling & if i do flip them is all i need to do is drill whole for the air valve and turn the tires around? please let me know what you think!!thank you...:confused: :huh :(

4TraxRider
10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Don't cut the backfire screen out, its there for a reason. You have to drill a new hole for the valve stem, but you'd be happier with suspension before you worry about width.

JOEX
10-10-2003, 10:48 PM
IMO.... Don't waste your time with the half arsed mods. Save your time and money to do it right.

From what I have gathered the only time you might benefit from flipping the front rims is if you are flat trackracing. And maybe duning. If you don't race don't waste your money on spacers either.

Just enjoy the ride that you have and have fun!

Joe

SR71
10-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Anything you can do to get a 250EX wider is better. I would recommend increasing the width of both the front and back at the same time. Increasing one and not the other does not get half the advantage of doing both. A 3 inch wider front and 4 inch wider rear on a 250EX makes a world of difference. In stock form, the 250EX is quite tippy.