PDA

View Full Version : A-arm Bushings----WHERE???

08-14-2001, 06:54 PM
I have noticed that my fornt stock a-arm bushings are pretty much gone. Has anyone else had problems with theirs so early in the quad's life?(i have a 4-month old quad). Well, anyways, i have been trying to find some new ones . I have looked in all the ads of dirtwheels and all my favorite quad websites. I have found plenty of places with Warrior and Banshee bushings, but absolutely nothing for the 300ex. WHERE ARE THEY???

08-16-2001, 08:15 PM
We just finished putting new bearings on our upper and lower control arms on the left side. They came from HONDA and they cost 26.00 a piece. There are 8 all together if you do all at the same time. You have to take off the control arms, lower shock bolt,brake hose holders,and the steering knuckle has to be removed from the arms. I left the lower ball joint attached and fought with the liitle circlips as they were. Once you get those little circlips out a 13 mm socket will drive the old bearing out and the new one in. Unless you are a pretty good mechanic you might want to get some help. I don't know what a dealer would get for a job like that. Good luck.

Leo
08-16-2001, 08:38 PM
if your quad is only 4 months old, go see the dealer...

$26.00 ea? yikes!

Just checked the prices on service honda..

1 400EX bearing $16
1 400EX lower control arm (complete) $35

what's wrong with that picture?

Leo

08-17-2001, 12:52 PM
Yah, I checked on prices for replacing mine, too. They are rediculously expensive. However, I checked on the price of new Honda A-arms and they weren't that much more (can't remember the exact price) than the total for all the A-arm bearings, and you get all the bearings when you buy new A-arms. So I'm going to let mine ride a while, then just pay the little bit extra and buy new A-arms.

08-17-2001, 06:40 PM
Thanx for the help- however i think if i was gonna spend any money on new a-arms i wouldn't buy stock ones (lonestar, burgard, denton):D