PDA

View Full Version : tag cr hi vs. double hi?

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-09-2003, 05:50 PM
i wanted to order the tag bar kit for my yfz and i asked what bend bars come with the billet clamp. i was told cr double hi....now i like cr hi, so i wasnt sure if i will like double hi. i asked what the difference was, and she said the double hi is 1cm higher...now that doesnt seem like much but i want to be sure. is the double hi a "lower bend" bar like the cr hi's or are they those gay ape hanger looking bars? (no flame intended if you own those...just personal perference).

10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
The Cr double high although sounding like a massive bar is still a very low bar. Its nothing like those chopper bars on some quads. :blah: Anyway the double high are 1cm wider, 2cm higher and keep the same sweep. What clamp kit are you talking about? The one that goes on a stock stem to fit oversized bars? If so i believe that adds another 2/3 of an inch to the bar height :cool:

Colby@C&DRacing
10-09-2003, 09:09 PM
The cr double high is only 15mm taller than the cr high. I run the cr high on my cdale and dusty uses the cr double high because she is shorter.:)

RiPPiNiTuP7
10-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Colby@C&DRacing,

do you know what bend bars come in the tag t-2 kit for the 400ex? i dont know what bend they were, but i like them alot.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-09-2003, 11:10 PM
If you bought the 400ex t2 kit they come with a 4trax bend. it is close to the stock bend

10-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The cr double high is only 15mm taller than the cr high.

I called them up and got the specs and they said they were 20mm (2cm) taller and there website says the same thing.

www.tagmetals.cc

Colby@C&DRacing
10-11-2003, 11:10 AM
I was pretty close
Originally posted by QuadMX18
I called them up and got the specs and they said they were 20mm (2cm) taller and there website says the same thing.

www.tagmetals.cc

You are correct I was post using my memory:D :)

Guy400
10-11-2003, 05:31 PM
I had the CR double hi's on my Cannondale and the CR hi's on my 400EX. Truthfully, I couldn't tell the difference but if I had to choose again I'd go with the double hi's. On my Dale my knees would sometimes be in the way when turning. However, it could've been footpeg placement on the Dale being a little different than on the EX.