PDA

View Full Version : Brakes ????

02Edge/400ex
10-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Just wondering on how long stock brake pads lasted on everyone elses machine. I bought my 400 brand new last November. I suppose I have ridden it hard :devil: but I don't remember hammer the brakes too much. However, the other day my bro was messing around with it and the pads are almost shot. I realize its been about a year but I was just wondering if that is normal wear and what kinda after market pads everyone uses???

MOFO
10-09-2003, 03:44 PM
If you got 1 year out of your pads, that is amazing or you didnt ride it that much. I usually get around 5-6 BIG rides (4-6 hours per ride) before they need replaced. Stick with OEM.... they seem to last the longest.

4TraxRider
10-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Mine are out every month, but I ride every day. And stock pads really are some of the best, they seem to last longest for me.

Sportrax10
10-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Get a parking brake block off, that should take care of that.

quadrider400
10-19-2003, 09:28 AM
I have used EBC brakes... I find that my front brakes last 5 times longer than rear....mmmmmmmmmmmmm what does that say... Anyway I have had great luck with the EBC's they last longer than stock.... Just be sure to keep a set with you so you can replace them on a weekend ride.... I have also learned the hard way to keep some spare tie rods with me....:eek2: along with clutch cables and even front steering knuckles.... last ride I would have like a spare steering stem but hey we just bent it back...:macho

250rAL
10-19-2003, 02:24 PM
I've been loyal to EBC for a long time now. I tried another brand (CM44 by Braking) a while back when I replaced the rotor and on the second ride, one of the pads fell off the backing plate which did a number on the new rotor.